• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Symbolism in entertainment

byte007

Apprentice
Reaction score
Does anyone else here understand a lot of the symbolism in entertainment? I don't mean the obvious stuff like names and symbols but the ciphers used in the structure of the stories and characters as well as imagery? Curious. to see what others see there...

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
like the ace of spades, bits and bytes, 007 being invented by Dee and is MI6, things like that?
i know bits...

byte007

Apprentice
Reaction score
like the ace of spades, bits and bytes, 007 being invented by Dee and is MI6, things like that?
i know bits...
Yes that is some of the roots but of course there is so much more to it. How all the stories are about Lucifer/Jesus but is represented by both the hero and villain. I am sure they look at Lucifer and Jesus to be the same purpose but that Jesus is not the true depiction of him nor is the traditional Lucifer depiction as many here know as I have seen it being talked about. How they use reversals symbolically and such with the heroes and the villains. I have found that it all works in a fractal concept. The hero (Lucifer/Jesus) is a representation of the positive aspect of the Creator (the God archetype) as well as the Villain (Satan archetype) and all the characters for that matter. At the same time, it is the same for Lucifer/Jesus. I think they believe that Lucifer is here and that the elite want to sacrifice him like Jesus so that they can take what they say is "his" purpose. Hijack it so to speak. The Matrix touched on this, Smith taking Neo's purpose from him. I know they put a lot of layers of cipher in their work and I think they are using spells and such in the work as well to try to effect things... Of course who involved is aware of what is another question which is not easy to figure out... You mention the Ace of spades, I don't know that one symbolically, I will look it up. I have found with symbology there are so many layers to the symbols and it can get difficult sometimes to know their intent on the use as there can be underlying intent since there can be several perspectives on a symbol. I am a positive guy so I like using Bond or the Jedi as a symbol but of course there can be other associations with those that lets say some "knowledgeable Christians" might be offended by cause they know about some of the hidden meanings and or roots of the characters. I have been learning more about symbology and have noticed patterns. I happen upon others perspectives on this topic as well and learn more and more all the time. I know everything happens for a reason and when you are brought to something (new information or people) it has a purpose for sure as everything is connected and purpose is a driving force. My opinion on it. I have always been a huge movie buff all my life and had no idea of the symbology and hidden meanings in the work as well as in music. I have been re-watching a lot of movies and going through a lot of song lyrics and there are massive patterns to what they believe and they put it in the work. The difficulty is that if you are not aware of all the layers of the ciphers, it can be difficult to fully understand what they are saying. It can look one way on a layer but when you are aware of another, more meaning comes into play. Just what I have been learning and I was curious what others thoughts and experience on the subject is. Of course if you were to be involved in that business or certain circles I am sure you would not be allowed to comment on it. That much I know as well. I have learned much from Jordan Maxwell and am going to start reading some Manley P Hall as well as Albert Pike and Blavatsky and Crowley. I have all their books, just have not read them yet, there are so many...lol I like watching as I am visual so reading can be a chore to me...lol I have some of them in audio books which is good for while walking.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
you might want to put some paragraphs there. it makes reading your text way more easy and less crazy person. ;)
i like jordan maxwell. albert pike, i have his morals and dogmas at home, glanced at it and said to myself, well the title says it all: lets do my own morals and dogmas and see where it leads...

crowleys texts and sounds i read them all. it makes me giggle that they made a heroine addicted homo their prophet. at least its better then the bronte sisters...

byte007

Apprentice
Reaction score
you might want to put some paragraphs there. it makes reading your text way more easy and less crazy person. ;)
i like jordan maxwell. albert pike, i have his morals and dogmas at home, glanced at it and said to myself, well the title says it all: lets do my own morals and dogmas and see where it leads...

crowleys texts and sounds i read them all. it makes me giggle that they made a heroine addicted homo their prophet. at least its better then the bronte sisters...
Good suggestion, wouldn't want to look crazy now, that is exactly what they want people to think of those that reveal patterns...lol I don't know much about the Bronte sisters, what is the significance of that? I looked them up and don't see the connection at least in what comes up in a google search... Curious.;)
Confused Roger Moore GIF by James Bond 007

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
No she has a point. I took one look at that and thought "i ain't reading that"
Some could/would probably argue the thread isn't in the right section however i think that can be bent around to fit.
And personally i have seen and tracked a huge rise in occult symbolism in music, there is a slight difference when
they do it on purpose for the "ohh they are so mystical" effect and when they are subliminal with it using the symbolism as
a real part of their art. Especially in these alternative metal scenes.

However, if i were to stick strictly to your question then i would not go any further than the Silent Hill trilogy, it is 20 + years old
and to this day undefeated in "real" application of the occult in a person's life. It goes super occult fixated, to psychological, back to occult.

As i recently understood the average age on the forum is like 60 so usually i would go on a rant and make my reply a novel to explain it all
but unless anyone actually cares to ask and not just google it i will hold my self back and merely produce an image or two to prove my point.

29533a09f9105b090dd2c32272e0eae3.jpg

de0a63c455a368717d9d0083a527b61d.png

d00f0ee28487fbf04e1fde9bb603c9c0.jpg

They are not just random generated images, the seals have full meaning and context
It's real stuff .The creators drove themselves mad figuring it all out and took special attention to alchemy which is evident within the
game mechanics and riddles the players must pass. Even less obvious things, if you keep yourself healthy you get a good ending
if you keep examining your inventory for weapons like knives you get a bad ending. Last but not least i already pleaded this point
to the top magus Yazata himself but ill do it here as well - GO LISTEN TO THE SOUNDTRACKS they are beloved for a reason.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Quite a few of Wagner's and Mozart's operas conceal deep knowing - particularly in the muse-ic

byte007

Apprentice
Reaction score
No she has a point. I took one look at that and thought "i ain't reading that"
Some could/would probably argue the thread isn't in the right section however i think that can be bent around to fit.
And personally i have seen and tracked a huge rise in occult symbolism in music, there is a slight difference when
they do it on purpose for the "ohh they are so mystical" effect and when they are subliminal with it using the symbolism as
a real part of their art. Especially in these alternative metal scenes.

However, if i were to stick strictly to your question then i would not go any further than the Silent Hill trilogy, it is 20 + years old
and to this day undefeated in "real" application of the occult in a person's life. It goes super occult fixated, to psychological, back to occult.

As i recently understood the average age on the forum is like 60 so usually i would go on a rant and make my reply a novel to explain it all
but unless anyone actually cares to ask and not just google it i will hold my self back and merely produce an image or two to prove my point.

29533a09f9105b090dd2c32272e0eae3.jpg

de0a63c455a368717d9d0083a527b61d.png

d00f0ee28487fbf04e1fde9bb603c9c0.jpg

They are not just random generated images, the seals have full meaning and context
It's real stuff .The creators drove themselves mad figuring it all out and took special attention to alchemy which is evident within the
game mechanics and riddles the players must pass. Even less obvious things, if you keep yourself healthy you get a good ending
if you keep examining your inventory for weapons like knives you get a bad ending. Last but not least i already pleaded this point
to the top magus Yazata himself but ill do it here as well - GO LISTEN TO THE SOUNDTRACKS they are beloved for a reason.
Thanks for the response and the info, good quality images as well. The thing about books, art, music, theatre/movies is that is always been where the in the know put there ideas, philosophies and knowledge to pass to others that have awareness. The scribes wrote so much in cipher back in the day. As long as you are aware that they do this, if you do the research you will find it is in everything and layered (if you understand the cipher concept) based on awareness level. One layer for example may be a symbol. The average person may not understand it. Some that know it may only know one meaning but there are often several and associations to it. If they are aware of that, they then need to understand what they mean by it. It gets tricky for sure. Context is the cipher key then you see a lot...