• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

The Bible

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
So what do you think guys and gals, do you think we can use The Bible for magickal purposes? This may sound crazy, but I had a Bible, and one night I read few words of The Bible backwards. And, that night shit happened. It was incredible. Therefore, because of what happened to me, I believe that The Bible has some sort of powers. At least, the words do. So, is it possible to use The Bible in our Magickal practices? Perhaps.

Reaction score
Awards
So what do you think guys and gals, do you think we can use The Bible for magickal purposes? This may sound crazy, but I had a Bible, and one night I read few words of The Bible backwards. And, that night shit happened. It was incredible. Therefore, because of what happened to me, I believe that The Bible has some sort of powers. At least, the words do. So, is it possible to use The Bible in our Magickal practices? Perhaps.
I've seen a similar thread on BALG, and the answer was no, not in terms of reading it backwards.
Indeed, the Bible can indeed be used for magic.

Jadugar

Neophyte
Reaction score
Probably a little bit more than perhaps. Even ignoring the numerous Christian folk saint traditions, Christian mysticism, etc., the words of the Bible have figured into many occult paths. The Solomonic pentacles are surrounded and empowered by Psalms, Psalmistry is an entire branch of magical practice that's survived across time and space and been proliferated in many different forms, the Bible being used for bibliomancy is as common as the book itself, some folk witches I know make great use of saying the Lord's prayer backwards, and even I've made great use of it from time to time. I'm not sure if there could be anything out there that a magician could not use for some magical purpose.

Bandaboy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Can the Bible be used for magickal purposes? The Bible begins with God speaking everything into existence, and I am beyond convinced that a magician/priest wants his/her words to alter their reality.

Then it continues where God shows his people how to raise an altar and invoke him, and then there are many other magickal workings that the people do through God's instructions.

We also have what I would call the foundational texts on magickal practice by people that used the Bible in one way or another. If we could achieve even a tenth of what other magickal practitioners in the Bible could achieve, we would definitely be somewhere.

I use the Bible for many, if not all of my magickal operations. This Sunday at church, one of my mentors carried out an Invocation of the Prophet Elijah to destroy a work done by a group of rival black magicians. Well, all of my mentors are 'magickal' and this truly is what Christianity is (should be) about: Magick, Power, Results!!!

But its not the Bible that is the key here, its one's connection to the Source that inspired this mostly channeled material that's the Holy Spirit. It would surprise you to see how much he desires for you to have magickal life of Power & Results. We see a couple of examples of some magickal feats by the Holy Spirit through Jesus when he turned water into wine, walked on water, multiplied foodstuffs, carried out exorcisms, and even evoked evil spirits into pigs. And of all these magickal operations, being pronounced dead and coming back to life shortly after... I'll leave this for you to decide whether it was real or not.

If this is what we are looking for in our Magick, then I'd say our goal is worthwhile.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
For me, the farther away I can get from the Bible, the better. I'm personally not interested in Christianity. (* I know a lot of magical practice is cloaked in Christian-isms, but generally this was because those practitioners would've been killed had they been found out).

Kuruvar Nessaron

Neophyte
Reaction score
I apologize to the moderators for the double post, I realized now that they were posted in Italian and not in English.

It should be remembered that the Bible is not basically a Christian book, but rather a collection of grimoires, some centered on history and others on magical practice.
Written in different eras and by different people, these books contain a magical knowledge that precedes the very creation of the modern Bible, even more distant from Christianity.
So yes, I think a lot of what we find can be used.
As proof of this, in fact, we find many uses of the psalms in occult practices, or the use of "divine" names or words of power.
The problem today lies in the fact that the Bible has been totally contaminated by the Church, which has transformed or reconstructed many key passages in a Catholic key. This is my thinking about the Old Testament, because for the New Testament it is a whole other story.
However, as with any other book, whether it is considered sacred or not, much depends on how the magician sees it, that is, on what kind of energy he attributes to it.
And the book responds to that kind of energy. I hope I have explained myself despite the translator

Reaction score
Awards
Im a Christian, hence my departure from BALG, and a ritual magician who uses the Bible Psalms and emotion for awakening justice and protection. Currently trying to find a prayer list I wrote that would whip you up into a spiritual frenzy in no time.
Hoodoo folks Ive known use the Bible.
Folk Christians from the mountains that Ive known use magic in a way, but Biblically supported.
Charismatic folks Ive known use the Bible and the varying spiritual gifts of the Holy Spirit.

People want to bad talk the Bible, but not look at their own lusts, drives, character and deeds.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Wonderful guys, thanks for responding. Yes... It is true that The Church has contaminated The Bible. I realized now, that when I read The Bible backwards. It was some sort of Necromancy. I could be wrong for that though, so don't quote me on that.

Reaction score
Awards
I knew of people in High School reading the Bible backwards as self proclaimed Satanists, three decades back that would do that. I also knew Christians who would get high and read the Bible. The funny thing is, Luciferians, and Satanists want to conveniently dismiss that the Bible is the foundation of their belief. Just saying.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Not just saying delicio delfuego, it is THEIR reality. When one is starting to see the magick in reality and has a christian paradigm, these things pop up. There is nothing wrong in combining 2 opposing thoughts and create a more peaceful beingness. The satanic movement created a new way to accomplish that in a modern society, its a strange reality though. I find it often more spiritual then magickal, but views may differ..

Jadugar

Neophyte
Reaction score
Wonderful guys, thanks for responding. Yes... It is true that The Church has contaminated The Bible. I realized now, that when I read The Bible backwards. It was some sort of Necromancy. I could be wrong for that though, so don't quote me on that.
Would you be able to go into a bit more detail? What passage did you read backwards? What did you experience? Or is it too personal?

Reaction score
Awards
Not just saying delicio delfuego, it is THEIR reality. When one is starting to see the magick in reality and has a christian paradigm, these things pop up. There is nothing wrong in combining 2 opposing thoughts and create a more peaceful beingness. The satanic movement created a new way to accomplish that in a modern society, its a strange reality though. I find it often more spiritual then magickal, but views may differ..
Again, the point being made failed to be seen.
Without the Bible, you would have neither Satan nor Lucifer. Nor the Qlippoth, Qabalah or Goetia and Shemhamphoresh. If thats your religion, fine, just know your family history.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The dualistic view of good and evil is way older then the bible and stems from zoroastrism. They invented it and all the other religions saw a point in it and started using it for their paradigms.

Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, I know about Ahriman and Ahura Mazda. Still, unless all of the goetia, Shem, qlippoth and qabalah are all Zoroastrianist, then that would be a thing, but they're not.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
True they just used the idea of an opposing force to devide and conquer. Somehow it became the most natural thing to do. There are many stories about evil forces entering our universe, but again not something one can trace with evidence from before zoroastrism.

Creating such spaces and names is a human thing to do. I think it has mostly to do with the fact that people who are interested in things like that have a narural gift of mirroring.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I apologize to the moderators for the double post, I realized now that they were posted in Italian and not in English.

It should be remembered that the Bible is not basically a Christian book, but rather a collection of grimoires, some centered on history and others on magical practice.
Written in different eras and by different people, these books contain a magical knowledge that precedes the very creation of the modern Bible, even more distant from Christianity.
So yes, I think a lot of what we find can be used.
As proof of this, in fact, we find many uses of the psalms in occult practices, or the use of "divine" names or words of power.
The problem today lies in the fact that the Bible has been totally contaminated by the Church, which has transformed or reconstructed many key passages in a Catholic key. This is my thinking about the Old Testament, because for the New Testament it is a whole other story.
However, as with any other book, whether it is considered sacred or not, much depends on how the magician sees it, that is, on what kind of energy he attributes to it.
And the book responds to that kind of energy. I hope I have explained myself despite the translator
I find it funny that your previous post is the 2nd most reported post in WF history.

It seems you have corrected yourself before I had the chance, so consider it just a warning, but yes, please stick to English for all postings, and familiarize yourself with the rules and etiquette here:

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
There are many examples of folk Catholicism... but if you are looking for examples where the Bible itself, or texts from it are used in magick, there are many examples of that. IIRC, Hoodoo, Santa Muerte, Santeria and Haitian Vodou all use parts of the Bible... primarily the book of Psalms if memory serves.

Jadugar

Neophyte
Reaction score
There are many examples of folk Catholicism... but if you are looking for examples where the Bible itself, or texts from it are used in magick, there are many examples of that. IIRC, Hoodoo, Santa Muerte, Santeria and Haitian Vodou all use parts of the Bible... primarily the book of Psalms if memory serves.
I've known some folks that form their entire practice around the Psalms alone--not to the extent of ignoring the rest of the Bible, but in terms of practical magic, their little good book's chapter on Psalms are so weathered after so many workings that it's probably a miracle they're still held together. Although I wonder to what extent the book's properties come from a divine power and how much is just the eloquence of the words.
I knew of people in High School reading the Bible backwards as self proclaimed Satanists, three decades back that would do that. I also knew Christians who would get high and read the Bible. The funny thing is, Luciferians, and Satanists want to conveniently dismiss that the Bible is the foundation of their belief. Just saying.
I suppose if one's stated intention is the mirroring of another's worldview, only natural for it to still be couched in the same terms and philosophies. Although I've seen some types that claim Lucifer is an alien or a pre-Christian deity or the real Christ Saviour and Jesus is the anti-Christ, essentially claiming the Christian idea of Lucifer has no Christian influences, and still form their ideas around the same core tennents of Christianity like salvation. Not saying that Satanists do or don't have a point, I'll be neutral in terms of that, but gotta admit that that does feel like just switching around terminology rather than advocating any signifcant change. Anyway, ramble over!

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Would you be able to go into a bit more detail? What passage did you read backwards? What did you experience? Or is it too personal?
I read the beginning of The Creation story from Genesis. I just read when God created everything. Anyway, my experience is to personal for me to share, it was meant for me alone. However, I will share this, on the wall of the place I was, there was an outline of Baphomet's face. It looked like the outline was carbed in blood. It was just staring at me with vicious intent, even though the face didn't move. I felt, this yet calming, but unease Energy as the face stared directly at me. That night was incredible, I was more intrigued than afraid.

Reaction score
Awards
So .. just out of curiosity, what part were you reading backwards? Have you tried doing the same with the story of Lazarus or the parts of breathing into bones in Ezekiel?