• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[TV Shows] The Fall (off Prime)

Discussions about TV Shows...
Reaction score
Awards
Anyone else watching this? Why are most serial killers killing women rather than men? It seems sort of sexist to me. And always painting men in a bad light.
Seriously, a PSA to the serial killers out there...switch to men as targets instead.

Al-Zalaam

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Why are most serial killers killing women rather than men? It seems sort of sexist to me. And always painting men in a bad light.
Seriously, a PSA to the serial killers out there...switch to men as targets instead.

A combination of sexual factors, mommy issues, and the vulnerability of women.
Most serial killers have a sexual motive beneath their killings, and since most men are straight, obviously women get targeted more.
Why this is such a common factor is beyond my comprehension, though.
Growing up I thought being a serial killer would revolve more just around the morbid thrill of murder for murder's sake(or evil for evil's sake), or the result of misanthropic vengefulness, but it was quite a surprise for my younger self to discover that serial killers are driven by twisted sexual compulsions more often than not.
Certainly wouldn't be my motivation 😛

It's also a common pattern in male serial killers to have had poor relations with their mothers or other female-figures, possibly leading to some misogynistic tendencies.
Bundy became a killer after his girlfriend dumped him, Kemper had a monster of a mother, etc.

Finally, while I mention the vulnerability of women, I don't just mean their lesser ability to physically defend themselves against male serial killers which makes them an easier target, but also the fact that many serial killers targeted prostitutes, who can be found in abundance wherever you go and whose job consists of literally hopping in with strangers.
You couldn't pick a more convenient target as a killer, they hand themselves right over to you. And given the socio-economic circumstances of most women in that profession, it's more likely to go unnoticed when they go missing - and even if noticed, it won't get the same kind of attention that victims from higher-status groups would get.

Reaction score
Awards
I think it is a bit broader than that.
Women are the life givers.
Serial killers killing women therefore hate and want to end life through other people.
And it sucks for us in a male dominated society through ratio of men to women, especially straight women. It sucks because there is a dating pool shortage.
A shortage of the women right for us straight men.