• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Archive] [The God-King] Demonic Sigil Magic

A thread that was copied from the original Wizard Forums.
Evocation, as stated by myself numerous times in previous threads, can be a daunting and expensive task. Taking the time to study the art, gathering or preparing the ritual tools and performing the art during the right moon phases and planetary hours can prove tedious. One way to work directly with the demons many ceremonial magicians evoke without the constraints and demands of traditional evocation is to utilize sigil magic.

There have been a few threads on sigil magic but none go into the creation and application of these artistic figures. I will do my best to do so here, with a bit of a demonic (though not necessarily Satanic) slant.

Very few people realize that the seals used to call demons during evocations are nothing more than the sigils of those spirits. Though, these seals are their generic sigils. Ones that anyone can use to call on them. I believe I've said before that once a magus creates a relationship with the demon, it will usually give him/her a personal seal (sigil) which the practitioner can utilize to call on the demon with ease. Though for now, the public ones available online or in the grimoires will have to do. Though it's best to use the one's from grimoires. Anyone can upload what they believe is a seal of a demon but in actuality it is not.

Creating the Sigil

Create the sigil according to the rules of the art. If you don't know how to create one, I'll do my best to explain in the following sentences. Write out your intention. According to Frater U.D.'s book Practical Sigil Magic (which many occult scholars believe is THE definitive guide on the subject) he states that it is best to start your intention with "IT IS MY DESIRE" or "IT IS MY WILL" rather than starting with "I WANT" or "I WOULD LIKE". So, being that this is demonic sigil magic I will give an example with a malicious intent (that is not to say that demons won't help with beneficial requests. Far from it!). We'll use the example of causing an illness. It is best to start out with the intent as such: "IT IS MY WILL TO CAUSE ILLNESS IN xxxxxx" (the "x" represents the name of whom you wish to cause an illness within.

From here you write down your will on paper. At this point colors do not matter but it's best to make it on whatever color represents your desire. In this case, black construction paper would be best. If you are unable to get to your local arts and crafts store then white printer paper will suffice. Once your intent is written out you want to identify and cross out all letters that appear more than once (which would mainly be vowels but a few consonants will repeat as well). Once the repeated letters have been crossed out take the remaining letters and begin to form your sigil. There is no correct method for this. It is YOUR personal sigil and therefore should look however you want. It should be noted, though, that the less complex the sigil, the easier it will be to charge. If you're unsure how to construct the actual sigil, start taking the letters and fusing them. Put a "T" on top of an "R" connected to a "L" for example. It may take a few tries, even up to a half hour or more during your first sigil. After five or six times you should be making sigils in less than 5 minutes!

Before we get to charging the sigil we must select a demon. Since we are causing illness Marbas is a good choice, he can both cause and cure diseases. Find his sigil (seal) online or from the grimiores. Here is his seal for ease of communication:

9qqKttI.jpg

Once you have selected the demon and either copied down/traced the seal or printed it out you may begin the ritual. Note that you may do this ritual without the use of demons. However, why not give your curse (that's essentially what this sigil will do) the extra boost of a powerful spirit like a demon?

Charging the Sigils

You are to charge the demon's seal/sigil first. You do not have to charge it in the same way you would your newly created seal. Simply calling out to the demon and visualizing the seal being filled with white or blue light until it cannot hold anymore will suffice. State your intention once more, beseeching the demon to give aid to your sigil, to boost it's power and carry out your will. Now you must charge your personal seal. There are several ways to do this; you can stare (rather look through it) until you can no longer see it unless you concentrate, you can masturbate or have sex and visualize your sigil during climax (which is actually my personal favorite as I practice tantra and have become quite skilled at achieving altered states of consciousness during ecstatic sex), among many others.

Once your sigil is charged the magic is done. It is best to forget it. Some magicians will say to burn the sigil and scatter it's ashes to the wind. Others say to hide it until you have achieved your result then burn it. Others say to keep it out of plain site, but at least once a day to charge the sigil until your desire is made manifest. None of these are wrong. It's up to personal preference. Though basic magical theory is to "set it and forget it" as continuing to think on your spell may very well render it powerless.

So as you can see, sigil magic is quite simple and really requires little to no time. You may find that working with demons (or any spirit for that matter) along side your regular sigil magic may bring better results. I've even had spirits visit me in my dreams to relay the message that my will has been done. Good luck with your magical quest. :cool: