• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Archive] [The God-King] Glamour Spells

A thread that was copied from the original Wizard Forums.
Glamouries are a type of magic that is categorized as "other" in the 5 main categories of magic. The intention of a glamour spell is to make the caster appear different. There are many uses for such spells, the most common being to appear attractive or "invisible"; that is to be unnoticed. One of the finer points of glamour spells is they don't have to be performed on a certain day or a certain hour. Sure, there are days and hours that could empower the glamour but they can be cast at any time of the day and nearly anywhere. Due to this they may be considered "instant magic".

Glamour spells are temporary and rarely last longer than 24 hours, at which point they will need to be cast again. Here is a simple spell taken from a Silver Ravenwolf book. Though I now hate the author in question it is a powerful (albeit temporary) glamour spell that can be used for any purpose.

Find a mirror and gaze into your own eyes, blink as needed. As you gaze into yourself visualize the change you want to happen. If you want to be more attractive, see yourself as such. If you want to go unnoticed for the day because you woke up on the wrong side of the bed then see yourself as invisible. Etc, etc. Once you have a strong mental image of how you wish to be viewed for the day, while still gazing into your own yes in the mirror recite this spell three times:

The chameleon dances in the glade
he blends,
he shifts,
and now he's shade.
I change myself to fit the need,
I am the change they need to see.
As I will, so mote it be!''​