• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Archive] [The God-King] The Call of Aphrodite The Queen

A thread that was copied from the original Wizard Forums.
What follows is a rite wherein we call upon Aphrodite, Lady of Venus, to assist in matters of love and relationships. The original appears in the PGM as a spell to entreat her aid in matters of divination, however, as her governance is of Venus and its specific area of influence the ritual has been modified to more in line Venus and to effectively be used to achieve Venusian goals.

1. The temple should be prepared with an image of Aphrodite in a place of prominence atop the altar, surrounded by fragrant roses and incense of rose and sandalwood. Before Aphrodite's image there is to be placed a white candle.

2. The rite is opened by the Calling of the Sevenths (this will be put in its own separate thread as the The Calling of the Greater Sevenths is in itself it's own ritual. )

3. Standing before the altar, light the candle reciting:

Shimmering throned immortal Aphrodite,
Daughter of Zeus, Enchantress, I implore thee. Hear me!​
4. Light the incense, invoke thus:

I call upon you, the mother and mistress of nymphs
ILAOCH OBRIE LOUCH TLOR
Come in Holy Light and give ear unto my supplication, showing
your Lovely Shape!
I call upon thee ILAOUCH who has begotten Himeros, the lovely Horai!
I also call upon Zeus' begotten Physis of all Things,
Two formed, indivisible, straight, foam-born Aphrodite.
Reveal to me Your Lovely Light and Your Lovely Face, O Lady of
Venus, ILAOUCH.
I call You, Giver of Fire, by ELGINAL, and by the Great Names:
OBRI TYCH KERDYNOUCHILE PSIN
NIOU NAUNIN IOUTHOU THRINX TATIOUTH GERTIATH
GERGERIS GERGERIE THEITHI.
I call you, beautiful Aphrodite, by your sacred words
OISIA EI EI AOE Y IO IAIAIO SO THOU BERBROI
AKTEROBORE GERIE'IE'OYA;
Bring light and your lovely face and the knowledge of your
divine self.
Your countenance, shining with Fire, bearing Fire all around,
stirring the Land from afar
IO IO PHTHAIE THOUTHOUI PHAEPHI​

Once you feel that Aphrodite has arrived make your request of the one you wish to love you or for Aphrodite to bring you someone to love in general. Once the request has been made, visualize your desire. Know that it will come to pass. Snuff out the candle but leave the incense to burn down in offering to Aphrodite. The rite is now ended.