• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

The Icon: Baphomet

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Why would such a being be at the mercy of a "banishment" or any "symbols" we use, when they probably existed long before humans appeared to even conceive of said "symbols"
Because they are created by God. And when you work according to that belief and invoke the power of God they have to obey, because you then are their master.
If you don't believe in God or the framework of ritual based on the idea that everything comes from the same source then you'll probably get some freaky happenings or nothing at all.

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
The Most High. To me that may mean something else or another Name than to you.

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards
The Most High. To me that may mean something else or another Name than to you.
If there is a God above all other Gods I'd much rather contact that being itself, than contact other beings and then bind them using its symbols of power

If everything comes from the same source wouldn't it make more sense to just go directly to the source

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Well, if you don't believe there is a God who created everything it's difficult to do that.
Invoking the part of you that is closest to God is what you do (i.m.o.) in the Kabbalistic Cross.

Drezuli

Apprentice
Reaction score
This is why I don't like the idea of dealing with demons, spirits, angels, etc, because how would you even know if another being isn't just impersonating what you were trying to summon/communicate with?

There's this show called "The Magicians", I can't remember which season of the show but there was this group trying to summon the Goddess Persephone for the sake of blessings (cure cancer, save their dying child, etc). Instead what they summoned was a Trickster God (her son), who specifically persecutes her followers because he hates her for abandoning him.

Long story short everyone in the room got killed horrifically and the woman purposefully left alive to tell the tale was raped.

Even before I saw this scene, I always thought about stuff like this happening when you try to contact a specific being and another one with malicious intent "hijacks the signal" for the fun of it.

When you think about it, contacting these beings is like going in blind and sticking your hand into a jar filled with needles, and hoping you pull out what you intended without getting stabbed.

That's why the long ritual protocols and calling upon the shem angels to summon goetic spirits is necessary. So many imposter spirits will intercept the signal. Even the Orisha and Lwa are subjected to being imitated by imposters and the local restless dead.

Eclipse

Neophyte
Reaction score
What I mean is we don't really understand the mechanisms of how "contact is established". So its possible for another being with malicious intent to "hijack" that "signal" before it even reaches the being you attempted to contact, and then impersonate it.

Or maybe the signal does reach who you intended but another being with malicious intent senses it and starts following you around.

We can't really perceive things the same way these beings do so there's a lot going on "behind the scenes" that we don't know or understand, and they can probably observe and/or manipulate these phenomena to an extent.

It reminds me of the whole explanation of how 3D objects would appear to 2D beings. To them a 3D object passing through a 2D plane would look like something popping into existence and then shrinking out of existence, because they can't perceive things from a 3D perspective.

Same with us, we can't perceive everything that's taking place in the 4th dimension and beyond, so when we do a ritual or contact a being that can perceive these higher dimensions, were probably doing something more dangerous than we think.

We may "feel" like we know what were doing, but there's always an aspect of this that we can't perceive.

In that sense, we are always at their mercy when we contact them. Were pretty much blind from their perspective.

Why would such a being be at the mercy of a "banishment" or any "symbols" we use, when they probably existed long before humans appeared to even conceive of said "symbols"?

How can an inferior being invoke authority over a superior one?

Sometimes I wonder, are they even at the mercy of these rules & restrictions, or do they merely go along with it for the sake of "playing along" (for the fun of it)?.

I don't think there's much in the realm of entertainment for these beings (not like humans have with our endless troves of entertainment).

For them, observing humans, interacting with humans and meddling in their affairs, is probably their entertainment.

Even if these things work as a form of protection, what if you "catch their eye"?, what if you become their next "primary target" for whatever they deem entertaining?.

On another note.

I don't think the risk is worth the reward anyways.

You might call this arrogant, but I do not revere any of these beings to the extent that merely being in their presence or being able to communicate with them is a "perk" or "benefit".

If there's nothing "tangible" to be gained by interacting with them like power, money, knowledge (which is just power anyways), etc. I don't really care to contact them like some people who just want to "be in awe of them" or "be in their presence".

If someone is contacting a demon to trade their soul for power I wouldn't recommended it but at least they are risking their lives and souls for something tangible and beneficial. But contacting a demon just for the sake of speaking to it, that won't ever make sense to me, its all risk and no reward.
There is risk but as I have found, once a relationship is earned, there is trust. I’ve been doing this for almost 20 years and I’m still alive.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Copied and pasted from the fb page of Araignee Arcane Services:

"Recently, someone asked us about calling forth (as in evoking) Baphomet. So, in short - we decided to share a bit of info on the subject of Baphomet which you may find interesting if you do not already know this. Here we go again - trying to eliminate another misconception...

Baphomet is not a "god", nor a "demon", nor a "daemon", nor an external sentient intelligence (the latter is a term we use to describe an actual Entity or Spirit that exists separately from the human psyche). Baphomet is a concept, an archetype of spiritual ascension...very much like Abraxas. This means, in short, like any archetype, that Baphomet is internal not external...it is a part of you, your higher self and shadow united to form hexagram, balance, spiritual perfection. It is a part of everyone, if only they seek to become that.

We personally enjoy the symbolism of Baphomet, it is the same symbolism, the same creed and the same goal which we stand for personally - however to try to reach Baphomet would be like talking to your subconscious, which is exactly what would happen - speaking to the more spiritually awakened part of yourself. In other words, Baphomet does not exist separately from you...or rather humanity as a valid intelligence. Aside from what we have mentioned, it also represents cosmic duality and some of the Hermetic Laws...which actually does not make it Infernal, "darker", "demonic" or anything like that - it is very much neutral. Anton LaVey's usage of this symbol, and his interpretation of this symbol was quite incorrect, and is unfortunately one of the main reasons why people think that Baphomet is "satanic" or "demonic".

The depiction and full concept of Baphomet was created by Eliphas Levi - yet, he did not invent the concept of balance, of spiritual power and ascension etc, as this concept is ancient. He simply placed that concept into a pictorial image. This being said, you will likely find sigils and "callings" of Baphomet online or in certain modern Occult books - and it will work, but as mentioned, you will simply speak to yourself - nothing more, nothing less. As a rule, by the way, to prove a point - Baphomet in these rituals is always Invoked and not Evoked - called within, or in this case awakened within...and not to make manifest outside of yourself. Keep this in mind.

Archetypes have their place, as we have written about elsewhere, yet, if you seek to make contact with an external, sentient intelligence...such as of a darker nature, more Infernal - then Baphomet is not the way to go. There are many, many others that you can reach instead.

At the end of the day - we are not here to convince you of anything, and whether you choose to listen to us or not is your business - however, everything we have said here can easily be confirmed and substantiated by many historic instances and references, as well as by noteworthy Occultists through the ages."
Wow! That is a beautiful description, I never saw Baphomet as anything else other than a Demon. However, I see what you are saying of Baphomet being myself, I Love that. But let me just add, that within myself exist a Soul that is very powerful. I said before that Baphomet was me, and this experience happened from within. It didn't start outside if me. However, now I know that Baphomet is my beloved Soul. I am now reconnecting with my Soul, with Love. Thank you for your input on Baphomet. Best wishes, and many blessings!!

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
What I mean is we don't really understand the mechanisms of how "contact is established". So its possible for another being with malicious intent to "hijack" that "signal" before it even reaches the being you attempted to contact, and then impersonate it.

Or maybe the signal does reach who you intended but another being with malicious intent senses it and starts following you around.

We can't really perceive things the same way these beings do so there's a lot going on "behind the scenes" that we don't know or understand, and they can probably observe and/or manipulate these phenomena to an extent.

It reminds me of the whole explanation of how 3D objects would appear to 2D beings. To them a 3D object passing through a 2D plane would look like something popping into existence and then shrinking out of existence, because they can't perceive things from a 3D perspective.

Same with us, we can't perceive everything that's taking place in the 4th dimension and beyond, so when we do a ritual or contact a being that can perceive these higher dimensions, were probably doing something more dangerous than we think.

We may "feel" like we know what were doing, but there's always an aspect of this that we can't perceive.

In that sense, we are always at their mercy when we contact them. Were pretty much blind from their perspective.

Why would such a being be at the mercy of a "banishment" or any "symbols" we use, when they probably existed long before humans appeared to even conceive of said "symbols"?

How can an inferior being invoke authority over a superior one?

Sometimes I wonder, are they even at the mercy of these rules & restrictions, or do they merely go along with it for the sake of "playing along" (for the fun of it)?.

I don't think there's much in the realm of entertainment for these beings (not like humans have with our endless troves of entertainment).

For them, observing humans, interacting with humans and meddling in their affairs, is probably their entertainment.

Even if these things work as a form of protection, what if you "catch their eye"?, what if you become their next "primary target" for whatever they deem entertaining?.

On another note.

I don't think the risk is worth the reward anyways.

You might call this arrogant, but I do not revere any of these beings to the extent that merely being in their presence or being able to communicate with them is a "perk" or "benefit".

If there's nothing "tangible" to be gained by interacting with them like power, money, knowledge (which is just power anyways), etc. I don't really care to contact them like some people who just want to "be in awe of them" or "be in their presence".

If someone is contacting a demon to trade their soul for power I wouldn't recommended it but at least they are risking their lives and souls for something tangible and beneficial. But contacting a demon just for the sake of speaking to it, that won't ever make sense to me, its all risk and no reward.
Hey Pestifer, did you ever heard of the Universal Mind? The Divine Mind as I call it, can take on any appearance It likes. This Supreme Mind, is The Universe, and one thing you have to know, is that even we are manifestations of that Universe. In other words, it's a game. Just look into your Soul, and let it show you what It knows. And finally, your Soul can also take as many appearances, and The Universe has a Darkside, just as well as a Light side.

armageddonz1

Visitor
Reaction score
I have worked with Baphomet as well. He has many forms and many names. Some of the demons in the lesser king are forms or aspects of him. He too has worked with flames upon me, but at the same time, he showed himself as a lunar god to my friend. I would say that he is not a demon as we think demons to be but an actual deity. He has the ability to give many familiars and servitors and does not want things in return. He also gave a different name to me and a different name to my friend which we are to use when calling upon him.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I have worked with Baphomet as well. He has many forms and many names. Some of the demons in the lesser king are forms or aspects of him. He too has worked with flames upon me, but at the same time, he showed himself as a lunar god to my friend. I would say that he is not a demon as we think demons to be but an actual deity. He has the ability to give many familiars and servitors and does not want things in return. He also gave a different name to me and a different name to my friend which we are to use when calling upon him.
That is wonderful!! Yes... Baphomet is more than a Demon. In fact, when I had my first encounter with Him. Baphomet said said He was Lucifer. So in my own truth, Lucifer takes Baphomet's appearance and makes it His/Hers own.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
An earlier point

it has come to my knowledge that the gods do indeed change names

Dralex

Neophyte
Reaction score
I understand that Baphomet is also a symbol, I don't discern that. However, what I experienced, was what I experienced, and you can reject all of what I've said above, but only I know what happened that night. And to tell you the truth, what I saw was not Baphomet alone, I was seeing myself. The drop of the tear of fire represented my depression, and the way I was struggling with myself. The red eyes, were representations of rage, and the flames represented, how I wanted everything about me to end. Does that answer your questions?
The Fact is taken as a symbol doesnt invalidate your experience at all. Baphomet is the most representative symbol of occultism and Spirituality. If you are connect with this powerful representation, it means your doing things right! Keep working]

Roma

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Applying the Atbash cipher to Baphomet gives Sophia - sometimes seen as the bride of God. Perhaps the Templars secretly followed a goddess religion

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I am reminded of the Shekinah who was the female consort of Jahweh. Shekinah can be translated as "she who dwells in the tent/tabernacle"

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
The Fact is taken as a symbol doesnt invalidate your experience at all. Baphomet is the most representative symbol of occultism and Spirituality. If you are connect with this powerful representation, it means your doing things right! Keep working]
Thank you Dralex for responding to this thread. I appreciate it.