• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Tutorial] The Key of Solomon's instructions for purifying your dog for magical workings

Informative post.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
There's no suggestion it might in any way be helpful to have your dog in the circle with you, it's just, you know if you want.

"But if the Master of the Art wisheth to have a dog for his Companion, he must bathe him thoroughly with the exorcised water in the same manner, and let him perfume him with the odours and incense of Art, and let him repeat the following Conjuration over him : —

“I conjure thee, O thou Creature, being a Dog, by Him Who hath created thee, I bathe and I perfume thee in the Name of the Most High, Most Powerful, and Eternal God, so that thou mayest be my true Companion in this operation, and that thou mayest be also my faithful friend in whatsoever Operation I may hereafter perform.”
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

(As an aside, I posted this to my group chat, which contains zero other occultists or magicians - but a lot of people who know how hard it is to get a dog to stop interrupting your hobbies, which they reckon is the real reason you'd purify him before starting. The idea that you can't talk about occult stuff to non-occultists is silly imo, there's always a way to connect. You can't go into ridiculous detail - but you can't go into ridiculous detail about mundane hobbies without people's eyes glazing over either, so it's no different.)

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Despite the odd ritual, why is this posted in the Lounge rather than any of the occult sections?After all this is about the occult, even if directed at the doggo.

The idea that you can't talk about occult stuff to non-occultists is silly imo
I think I missed that memo, honestly while I understand not talking about your current works(as you don't want to risk people influencing it or actively trying to sabotage you), speaking about the occult in general should be fine.

Robert Ramsay

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I have found that disussing almost anything esoteric (not just the occult) ends up with people looking at you like, well, a dog that's just been shown a card trick.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I have found that disussing almost anything esoteric (not just the occult) ends up with people looking at you like, well, a dog that's just been shown a card trick.
maybe I've got more open-minded friends but I feel like maybe people are just going about it the wrong way (infodumping, not giving outsiders a way into the conversation)

If you have a reputation with people as someone who is grounded and sane, then they will generally give you the benefit of the doubt (again I mean friends here, not co-workers, family, or randomly selected strangers)

why is this posted in the Lounge
eh cause I didn't have anything occult to say about it, i'm basically just going "look, cute!" - I didn't think it had much value

Reaction score
Awards
There was a decent sized online conversation, including several trad grim magicians who had tried it, several years ago. I’ll see if I can’t find it again. If I remember correctly no one had ever found an actual use for it other than if you wanted to have your dog present.

Side notes:

Our large dog will sit at our feet and never move until we get up to move. But I’ve never actually tried to have him present for any serious rituals.

I almost never discuss this stuff with non-practitioners.

-Eld