• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Report "The Lunar Formula of IAO" - Derik Richards

A post detailing the poster's experience/thoughts with a book.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Very short document from the library, 12 pages of actual text . Just posting my notes, not a "review" as such

This is an Aurum Solis teaching, talking about IAO as a lunar formulation rather than a solar one.

One of its bases is the gnostic creation myth, and the other is Qabalistic, so you'd want to buy into one or the other of those frameworks to get anything out of the text

It talks about the lower paths of the tree of life being like a drawn bow with the arrow tip at Yesod, poised to fire up Samekh towards Tiphareth, which is an image I like regardless of the IAO part.

I gather that's not a specifically Aurum Solis idea, because it seems to be what's being portrayed in this image by occult artist Johfra Bosschart - you can see what I take to be Artemis at Yesod with her bow aimed up:

johfra-bosschart-dark-occult-art_6e670912-e0a6-4161-9334-0b61c99ced6a_1024x1024.jpg

gnostics-dark-occult-surrealism_1024x1024.jpg

I found it a worthwhile read whether I agree or not, just because IAO is so central to ceremonial magic and I'm always interested in people's takes on it

The document also suggests a very short Lunar IAO rite to add to your daily practice for a lunar cycle

More of Bosschart's art here:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

The Lunar Formula document here:
Post automatically merged:

Sigh, his name is spelled Derik not Derick, if a mod feels like changing the title
Post automatically merged:

Oh that painting is Unio Mystica (1973)

Last edited: