• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

The Pentagram of Solomon

Crozznus

Visitor
Reaction score
I hope this post finds you well!
Does anyone have any good resources (or just knowledge) of the names and symbols and their meanings in the Pentagram of Solomon? I have done some research as well as the text within the Lesser Keys of Solomon (Crowley, Mathers, Conybear).
I cannot seem to find any information or translation on the name (or word, I suppose) "BALLAFOR", which is on the right upper part of the Pentagram. This name is sometimes written as "BALLATON" or something similar.
Any insights into this will be much appreciated.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I hope this post finds you well!
Does anyone have any good resources (or just knowledge) of the names and symbols and their meanings in the Pentagram of Solomon? I have done some research as well as the text within the Lesser Keys of Solomon (Crowley, Mathers, Conybear).
I cannot seem to find any information or translation on the name (or word, I suppose) "BALLAFOR", which is on the right upper part of the Pentagram. This name is sometimes written as "BALLATON" or something similar.
Any insights into this will be much appreciated.
I reconstructed this as compound Sumerian words. Balla (reign) + Tun (container).

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Just checked mine and am reminded I had intended similar research, including numerology and the source of the sigils, but it got lost in the mix of everything else I planned. I am not entirely certain if Skinner's Veritable Key of Solomon would be helpful.