- Joined
- Apr 16, 2024
- Messages
- 808
- Reaction score
- 1,313
- Awards
- 12
I would be interested in what others have to say about this book!
I'm not finished with it yet, but I have scanned many areas that interested me at first. (I'm a fairly fast reader, with pretty good perception and retention).
I had to smile and agree with a few things early on, but... find some other areas a bit more difficult to accept at this stage. That said, anyone else have anything to say about this book, anyone read it prior to it's posting here?
One point here is the Eastern slant of this book. In attempting to determine if Eastern religions as distinct from philosophies are in play here you can sometimes get a bit sidetracked. I tend to see Buddhism and Dao/Taoism more as philosophies, and maybe put Shintoism in there too,
I am not super well versed, nor super Interested in Eastern stuff anymore, per se, either, though I practiced Chinese Kenpo for a number of years.
I have in mind an example of someone who reached a high level of adept-ship within the WMT, (an adept if ever there was one), got sidetracked by Buddhism, spent a number of years in the orient, then later in life decided it wasn't what he thought the "end all, be all" should be after all!
But, that's departing from the crux of the book, and me getting sidetracked by needless details! Some of the concepts in the book make sense within a WMT context, some don't, so I have counterpoints here and there for those. I will likely list something more specific after more consideration, and maybe some discussion.
That said, I know Why my primary practice is mainly aligned within the WMT! Let me state that my viewpoint is also not "Abrahamic".
It's quite possible that I'm an "Animist / Panentheist" or maybe just a "dirt sorcerer", hard to say.
Panentheism
But... I'm still interested in getting through this though. Anyone else?
I'm not finished with it yet, but I have scanned many areas that interested me at first. (I'm a fairly fast reader, with pretty good perception and retention).
I had to smile and agree with a few things early on, but... find some other areas a bit more difficult to accept at this stage. That said, anyone else have anything to say about this book, anyone read it prior to it's posting here?
Post automatically merged:
One point here is the Eastern slant of this book. In attempting to determine if Eastern religions as distinct from philosophies are in play here you can sometimes get a bit sidetracked. I tend to see Buddhism and Dao/Taoism more as philosophies, and maybe put Shintoism in there too,
I am not super well versed, nor super Interested in Eastern stuff anymore, per se, either, though I practiced Chinese Kenpo for a number of years.
I have in mind an example of someone who reached a high level of adept-ship within the WMT, (an adept if ever there was one), got sidetracked by Buddhism, spent a number of years in the orient, then later in life decided it wasn't what he thought the "end all, be all" should be after all!
But, that's departing from the crux of the book, and me getting sidetracked by needless details! Some of the concepts in the book make sense within a WMT context, some don't, so I have counterpoints here and there for those. I will likely list something more specific after more consideration, and maybe some discussion.
That said, I know Why my primary practice is mainly aligned within the WMT! Let me state that my viewpoint is also not "Abrahamic".
It's quite possible that I'm an "Animist / Panentheist" or maybe just a "dirt sorcerer", hard to say.
Panentheism
noun
- A that the is part of , but that God nevertheless transcends or has some existence separate from the universe.
- A in all .
But... I'm still interested in getting through this though. Anyone else?
Last edited: