• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] The War

Someone's asking for help!

Kronus

Apprentice of Lord Azazel & Demonic Warlord
Reaction score
Awards
Friends, it's time we step in.

I don't want to get political, but as you know, there is a war in Ukraine at the moment. If we can do anything to help, I think we should.

I propose a group ritual to stop the war. Let us help the russian leaders see the light and make them stop the war. Anyone interested in joining?

Jadugar

Neophyte
Reaction score
War is a game played by governments, and to be honest, even setting aside any conjectures about government-hired wizards, the entire system feels pretty enchantable. Any top leaders are going to be warded heavily both mundanely (in the form of advisors keeping them in check, for example) and magically (indirectly by prayers, wishes for success, and who knows, maybe actual government magicians); and trying to amass enough low-level politicians to try to sway the government are all for moot if the top dog just strikes them all down. It's built like a spirit trap, filled with so much illogical, twisting bureaucracy like the knotted ropes and spilt seeds that distract, confuse, and neutralise spirits. The entire worked up psychic energy of mass protests can hardly sway the idol that is government, a few magicians aren't going to be able to do much, I fear.

What'd be more helpful, I think, would be direct aid. Monetary donations, spreading knowledge about the situation, etc. And even magically, of course: protecting specific refugee camps, sending a benediction along with a donation to a grieving family, anything focused and verifiable.

But the intentions are still good and if anyone's planning anything, I'd be honoured to help.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
You’d prob need high level magicians to affect a war, none the less I think you should do what you feel best, it’s my personal opinion that prayers and such do work.

if you pray in the proper way then you connect with God within, you can affect things.

Kuruvar Nessaron

Neophyte
Reaction score

I don't want to get political, but as you know, there is a war in Ukraine at the moment. If we can do anything to help, I think we should.

I propose a group ritual to stop the war. Let us help the russian leaders see the light and make them stop the war. Anyone interested in joining?
it is a noble feeling, but I disagree.
War is horrible everywhere, suffering is.
Although today we only see Ukraine, there is much more suffering, many more small wars.
You say you help Russian leaders see the light. Probably, somewhere, there is a magician who says the same thing towards Ukrainian leaders.
Do your best, in your own small way, if you want to help.
For the rest there are prayer groups.
Just my opinion, take it for what it is

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards

I agree (which is why I posted a thread about this already). Doesn't really seem many people are interested. I guess that says ... something.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
I did not see your thread friend! I am in :)
My thought is it would need to be something easy to do that doesn't require a lot tools and isn't really specific to one type of practice to make it the most accessible. I think someone suggested candle magic, which is very approachable for just about everyone, but I was curious about other ideas. I think once you start getting into needing to vibrate letters or words, it starts being a turn off to casual practitioners.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Of course the first step is to decide which side is more in the right. Consulting the new media is an obvious approach but not necessarily a reliable method.

If the Minsk agreements had been implemented it is unlikely that military action would have occurred

Reaction score
Awards
Aside from yesterday, I think I was on day five of a week lighting of a peace candle with spoken word of peace among the two countries. There was a sooted skull left on the candle, which didn't get me happy vibes. I think it is quite serious.

Reaction score
Awards

Im in. I csan do Candle magic and Novenas.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
My thought is it would need to be something easy to do that doesn't require a lot tools and isn't really specific to one type of practice to make it the most accessible. I think someone suggested candle magic, which is very approachable for just about everyone, but I was curious about other ideas. I think once you start getting into needing to vibrate letters or words, it starts being a turn off to casual practitioners.
A friend in the US told me she was gonna curse Putin to death.
When I replied that i am doing candle for the safety of Ukraine rather than the focussing on Putin (and casually asked why she thought Putin didn't make the move when Trump was in the White House) i was called a fan of Putin.

I am doing simple candle magic, and once a week the third Triangle that i posted in the other thread.
The thing is: everybody can do candle magic if they want to. There's literally nothing stopping anybody from doing it. If you want to coordinate something then go ahead.

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Ok... So... I have been thinking on this and I will be clear insofar as I have NO idea if this is going to work. Maybe it triggers the apocalypse!

I found a... Something. Dunno yet entirely what it is and haven't even spoken it aloud. I've been keeping my mind open on it but not so open as it may fall out entirely!

I'm going to write a program, and it's going to take some hardware to operate and probably some heavy math and engineering to get it all set up properly. I can walk people through calibration and design?

It requires a number of speakers arranged such that the sound that comes out of them converges on an analog amplification circuit to another speaker, and does so to leverage the difference between processor delay and speed-of-sound-delay: one processor needs to manage the sine wave generators that drive the speakers in such a way that all their waves converge perfectly in the middle. Anything with a sufficiently high clock speed to control 7 speakers at integrally separated rates will do the trick.

The design of this is, hopefully, to allow a perfect recitation of a particular series of tones into the central speaker. In rhythm with the song (the program will be set up with an LED to "keep the beat"), the agent to the magic themselves sings a song.

I'm not entirely sure if the song that you sing really matters? Something to do with peace and love. Anything compatible with "mutually compatible self actualization". It must be sung with ALL your will behind ALL your intent. I'm not sure the consequences for fucking that up.

If @Incognitus or @Yazata want to help with the design and setup, I can do the systems engineering?

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Basic materials include: epoxy/glue, 7 small speakers, 7 1-inch micrometers, a saw, a drill, an (Arduino?) With a crystal timing oscillator, an ADC shield with at least 7 independent channels of output, and a 3d printed mounting plate that will allow the user to angle the speakers, and a second (Arduino?) with at least 1 DAC channel and at least one ACD channel, with a microphone and secondary speaker.

The idea is that the loop on the seven micrometers gets cut off at the middle of the U shaped bit and a hole drilled so that it can be mounted to the mounting plate.

Each of the micrometers must have the speaker glued to the end of the pile and then directed precisely at the center, where the pickup of the second Arduino is located, by adjusting the angle it is mounted at. Calibration of wavelength synchrony is achieved by adjusting the pile in and out as a setscrew.

Once they all converge properly as judged by the middle (Arduino?), the setup is complete.

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Actually, 5 DAC output on the (Arduino?) may be enough? Not entirely sure.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Of course the first step is to decide which side is more in the right. Consulting the new media is an obvious approach but not necessarily a reliable method.

If the Minsk agreements had been implemented it is unlikely that military action would have occurred
The right thing is to stop the war...not help any side win

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Helping an unworthy side might generate quite a lot of karma.

Stopping the resolution of the Eastern European situation may result wars and karma and famine

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Helping an unworthy side might generate quite a lot of karma.

Stopping the resolution of the Eastern European situation may result wars and karma and famine
I think saving people from death trumps political law, that’s why the rabbis and esoterica were involved in WW2

it didn’t mean the allies were great people

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Perhaps longer time frames are needed for some analyses

I recall reading that Mao Zedong was asked if he thought the French Revolution had been a success. He replied: It is too early to tell.

Perhaps similarly for 1000 years of European wars

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards

Good luck, stopping war is a noble endeavor

Lmrb19

Neophyte
Reaction score
I’m in to help. I’m an eclectic practitioner so I’d be happy to do what I can. If we can do a group casting, it’d be stronger.
I think casting for quick resolution of the war would be better than picking a side. What do you think?