• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Report The Works of Robert Monroe

A post detailing the poster's experience/thoughts with a book.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
And I've been doing my best to atone for all the horrible things I've done.

Idk how this has anything to do with choosing to be here.
At the group level there are no free rides. The group keeps being recycled until it is clear of its past

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
1958 Monroe has his first OBE.

1971 Monroe published Journeys Out of the Body and the Monroe Institute was created.

1972 Research facility was formed.

Monroe described how his OBE experience up to that time no longer satisfied his curiosity:

'In the spring of 1972, a decision was made that provided the answer. The limiting factor was my conscious mind. Therefore, if OOBE decisions were left up to that part of me, as they had been, I would remain just as I was. I was too much in control—this left-brain “I.” What would happen if I turned this decision-making process over to my total self (soul?), who was purportedly conversant with such activities.

'Believing this, I then put it into practice. The following night, I went to sleep, went through two sleep cycles (about three hours), woke up, and remembered the decision. I detached from the physical and floated free. I said in my conscious mind that the decision to do is to be made by my entire self. After waiting for what seemed only a few seconds, there was a tremendous surge, a movement, an energy in that familiar spatial blackness, and there began for me an entire new era in my out-of-body activities. Since that night, my nonphysical experiences have been almost totally due to this procedure.

'The results have been of a nature so far removed from anything my conscious mind could conceive of that a new problem arose. Although my physical here-now consciousness is always a participant, better than 90 percent of such events seemed to me impossible to translate into the time-space medium. ...' from Far Journeys, Part I: Near Reaches, 1. Old Local Traffic

1979 Monroe Institute moved to Virginia.

1985 Monroe published Far Journeys in which he presents the concept of "the agreement" (see previous posts in this thread), something he was apparently unaware of for at least the first 14 years (1958-1972) after his first OBE.

1991 The Lifeline program was started with the goal "to release all fears related to the physical death process; ... to insure upon the cessation of physical life existence, for whatever reason, that such knowledgeable human mind-consciousness will shift without interruption to other forms of
existence. ..."

"Among those attending were physicians, psychologists, engineers, researchers, business executives, psychiatrists, writers, attorneys, educators, therapists, musicians, and artists. All were graduates of at least one previous Institute program, as this was a prerequisite for attendance at Lifeline. Apart from that, they represented widely divergent backgrounds, interests, lifestyles, and previous experiences with the exploration of consciousness. Yet at the end of each program almost all attested to their ability to visit the Reception Center—the Park— and many also acknowledged that they now knew for certain that they would survive the physical death process." - The Ultimate Journey, Chapter 18, The New Direction.

1993 By this time over 7000 people, including members of the CIA, participated in the Gateway Voyage program.

1994 Monroe published The Ultimate Journey

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Though it probably could have a Book Report of its own, I've been reading Leaving the Body - A Practical Guide to Astral Projection by D. Scott Rogo. A link to a pdf of the book can be found in a previous post to this thread. That said, I just wanted to make a couple of points to address the comments in this thread.

You can't rule out the possibility that everything he has experienced is within his own mind. Anything autonomous could be his subconscious playing tricks on him.
To a certain extent, this is valid. It is up to the Mind of The Observer to determine what is seen. Most often, observation is colored by belief. As D. Scott Rogo explained:

"Rather reluctantly I had to accept the theory that during the OBE, we contact only a parallel of the real world - a plastic interactional world that may alter when we physically alter our own. If I place a picture on a wall, for instance, the same object may well appear in the parallel world. But this plane is more tenuous and less stable than the physical world of the five senses, and it wavers and drifts away from a perfect semblance of it. This explains why Blue [Harary] could sometimes succeed but also occasionally fail to make contact with the physical world during his experimentally induced OBEs. His level of success depended on his ability to maintain an affinity with our world while being drawn simultaneously into a new dimension.

"The next questions are obvious: Why don't all of us contact these 'higher worlds'? Why do we seem stuck in our familiar environment? One clue comes to us through the experiences and writings of J. H. M. Whiteman of Capetown, South Africa. A physicist by training, Whiteman is also a natural mystic and out-of-body traveler.

"According to Professor Whiteman, the universe we normally perceive is only a substructure of a vast realm of dimensions that lie beyond it. These higher worlds can be contacted only psychically. During an OBE, we perceive a mirror image of the real world because that is what we expect to see. We are chained to this mirror reality by the limitations of our own minds." - Leaving the Body - A Practical Guide to Astral Projection by D. Scott Rogo, page 177.

But, why does any of this matter? If anyone is familiar with the Quareia magical system taught by Josephine McCarthy, then the use of visualization in meditation may provide a clue. Starting in Lesson 3, "Visionary Magic Basics," McCarthy explains in Exercise 2 how to navigate a space using your mind, going to different rooms in your home, and later taking a mental 'walk' through familiar outdoor areas. Though she says it is "a major training exercise for remote viewing," these same visualization techniques are similar to those which can induce OBE. The neophyte is expected to practice until it becomes more than just imagination, and other intelligences, human and spirit, are then contacted. McCarthy even provides a recording of a guided meditation to assist in accessing the Inner Contacts. This same concept, that of using a recording, is explored in Rogo's book, chapter nine, "Projection Through Guided Imagery."

There is a similar concept of unconditional service promoted by both McCarthy and Monroe, especially when it comes to helping move the dead along the path to their next destination. While there are many differences, I find the basic principles surprisingly aligned.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Yes.. I have His first book Journeys Out of The Body, and the guy really went through some deep shit. Awesome shit, if you ask me.

I say yes.. We are a part of God's dream, and He/She is begining to be Lucid with those who are Awake like us for example.

I would Love to go to the Monroe institute. I will put it on my bucket list. I heard some fascinating things that goes on there. As far as the book, I'm still reading it.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I don't remember what is was like before I was born. I do believe in reincarnation but I don't think it's something people have a choice in.

I know myself inside and out. I've experienced the all in it's many forms and I've melted away in nothingness. In all that experience I haven't once came across anything that would imply that I'm here by choice.
Wow Ghost really? Have you had OBEs that led you to come to this conclusion? I'm still new to Astral Projection or OBEs by the way. I only had glimpses, and not very long adventures yet.

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
Wow Ghost really? Have you had OBEs that led you to come to this conclusion? I'm still new to Astral Projection or OBEs by the way. I only had glimpses, and not very long adventures yet.
I came to my conclusions through meditation. I believe the demiurge imprisoned us humans with Cosmic Chains, holding us back from our true freedom in Chaos and Limitlessness. As long as we're here, we are doomed to live a life of servitude and slavery until we return our sparks to the true hidden Goddess of this universe. Once she has regained her strength because enough sparks have found their way back to her, she will devour this universe - returning everything as we know it to it's natural state. Nothingness.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I came to my conclusions through meditation. I believe the demiurge imprisoned us humans with Cosmic Chains, holding us back from our true freedom in Chaos and Limitlessness. As long as we're here, we are doomed to live a life of servitude and slavery until we return our sparks to the true hidden Goddess of this universe. Once she has regained her strength because enough sparks have found their way back to her, she will devour this universe - returning everything as we know it to it's natural state. Nothingness.
Wow Ghost! That's some Powerful insights.

Malvo

Neophyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Ialdabaoth/Yaldabaoth.

Bo Hanson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Or Monroe could be wrong and it's just mental masturbation. You can't rule out the possibility that everything he has experienced is within his own mind. Anything autonomous could be his subconscious playing tricks on him. And there is no life out there outside of us. The ferma paradox is a plausible theory.
Reading many books about OBE, AP, NDE I found out that there are many different explanations for these fields of non-physical dimensions. These differences depend on the level of perception of the author and the level of expression, literally talking, to be able to put it down in words their own experiences. It is the same with Monroe's books too. By the time he lived, he wrote in his way to describe the phenomenon. I don't blame him. There are other authors who mix up different technics with different ideologies etc.

That's why these experiences om OBE, AP, LD are hard to achieve by ordinary people without experience in meditation. Of course, there are people who achieve spontaneous OBE-AP but they are gifted and are born with this skill. For the ordinary ones, meditation helps to have OBE-AP. In this subject, I always preferred the books with details describing having OBE to inspire my imagination and be able to daydream about what they are talking about. Other authors have another approach to the subject, more to say scientific and that's good too, but sometimes difficult to comprehend, because of the difficulty to describe in words these experiences in an objective term for the reader. (Sorry about my English, is not my natal language!)
Post automatically merged:

Ialdabaoth/Yaldabaoth.
"...servitude and slavery until we return our sparks to the true hidden Goddess of this universe."

What about the people who are born with a "silver spoon" in their mouth (literal expression)? What about the dictators and the people who enslave others? What about the people who are kings and queens on this Earth? What about all these millionaires and milliards on this Earth?
Post automatically merged:

It's more likely we're living in a simulation. The worst thing about it Morty is we're probably not the original Rick and Morty. So it's like what's the purpose if im not even the real me and I'm some half-ass copy?
Interesting questions but there are ONLY speculations and nobody can bring facts about the simulation. Simulation talk has been in the discussion for such a long time....

Last edited: