• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Archive] [Thor] Tutorial - Lucid Dreaming (WILDs)

A thread that was copied from the original Wizard Forums.

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Hello Wizard Forums, I have been lucid Dreaming for quite some time now and I figured that I would share my technique to you guys. I will enter a lucid dream about 9 out of 10 times doing this method. Remember that lucid dreaming takes dedication and much practice. I will run through the steps one at a time. Make sure you read the entire post and practice lucid dreaming daily in order to become better at LD.

The method I will be teaching you is called WILDs or "Wake Induced Lucid Dream". This is one of the hardest methods so you will need to be very dedicated to become good at WILDs.

Preparation
This step is just as important as all of the other steps. In order to prepare for this, you need to be already well-rested. If you are tired, you will tend to fall asleep before you actually hit WILDs. You also need to be in a dark, quiet room with very little distractions. It is very important that you stay concentrated and focused throughout the process. If your mind wanders even a little from concentration, you need to catch yourself and try to focus again. So it's time to start. Lay down in your bed (with or without sheets/covers) and lie on your back. Make sure your legs are uncrossed and your palms are face-down by your side. Look straight up at the roof and close your eyes.

The Process
This is the hardest step to maintain. Once you close your eyes, begin taking large, deep breaths. Breath in for five seconds and count "one". Then exhale and pause for three seconds. Inhale for five seconds and count "two". Then exhale and pause for three more seconds. Continue to count like this until you get to around 30. Getting to 20 is when it gets very difficult because you will notice that your mind will tend to make thoughts up and you will begin to daydream. It is VERY important you catch yourself before you get stuck in a daydream. If you notice that you are daydreaming, go back to counting and attempt to make it to 30 counts. If you are daydreaming for a long enough time, you will fall asleep and you will not enter WILDs.

The Lucid Dream
By this point, you will either begin to experience vertigo. This is where you begin to feel the room spin. Once you feel this, it is important you focus on this. You no longer need to count above 30. Notice which way you spin, how fast you spin, how slow, and if you change directions. Focus on every detail of the spin. Focusing on the vertigo reduces your chances of being "jerked". This is when you are caught off-guard by a spin and you are "jerked" awake. This is the mind's last check that you are awake before dreaming. This spinning effect will last for around 10-20 good seconds. After this, you should enter your LD.

How do I Know if I'm in a LD?
There are a few tests you can run on yourself to see if you are in a LD. The first major one is a question. You should ask yourself, "Am I asleep?". If this question is hazy and you're not sure if you're awake or sleep, you have most likely entered your LD. The next small test is called the finger test. What you do, is hold one hand up and physically touch each finger while you count how many fingers you have on that hand. In a LD, you will usually have more or less than 5 fingers on a hand. You may want to count two or three times. Another test you can perform is called the time test. Look at a clock in the dream or a wrist-watch (if your projection is wearing a watch). Note the time and look away from the clock/watch. Count to three and look back at the time. It should be different by hours of many minutes the next time you look at the clock. This is a personal test to remind your brain you are in a LD and to not actually fall asleep.

How to Maintain Long LDs
Remember that you will assume you have full control over the dream when in reality, your sub-conscience brain will control 95% of the dream. The only aspect of the dream you can control is where you want to be and what you want to be doing. Your sub-conscience will take care of the rest. Since it takes very little effort to actually maintain a LD, you need to keep your brain active in order to stay awake and not fall asleep. To do this, you need to make a quick LD check every once in awhile to confirm to your brain that you are indeed in a LD and not in an alternate reality. Check the time often, count fingers, or ask yourself if your awake. If you fail to preform these tests, your brain will forget you want to stay awake and it will automatically put you to sleep without you even noticing. If you are in a loud setting, the noises will interrupt your LD and possibly wake you up. Also, if the room is lit, your brain will become confused and jerk you awake without any means of controlling the jerk in order to confirm your location. This sounds strange but if your brain has no idea if you are in a dream or you are awake, it will preform a jerk. You may have noticed this if you were sleepy and you began daydreaming during the day. Your brain will become confused and you will spasm physically and semi-violently. Keep this in mind during preparation.

How to Wake from a LD
This step is very hard to do. You may want to wake up from your dream but you will notice that you are paralyzed when it comes to waking up. You have been physically paralyzed by your brain so that your dream motions do not mix with your physical movements. Sleep walkers wont have this paralyzing phenomenon because their brain doesn't have that check. In order to overcome this mental check, you need to jerk yourself within your dream. To do this, you need to do something that will scare your brain so badly, that it will need to physically "jerk" or react to save yourself physically. In other words, since your brain thinks an LD is reality, you can do something that threatens your dream life and your brain will have to overcome that dream-reality check and physically jerk you. You can imagine you are skydiving and you hit the ground without a parachute. You can jump off a skyscraper or even shoot yourself. You become the demented person to find a method of killing yourself. Just last night, I was driving a Mercedes and I decided to exit my LD. I just simply speed up to 135 mph and drove off a bridge and crashed. This was enough to jerk me back into reality and I opened my eyes.

Awaking from a LD
It is important to perform reality checks after you wake up. Look at the clock, count fingers, and ask if you're awake. What this does is makes it a sub-conscience habit to do these checks. So in the future, you will be able to perform DILDs (Dream Induced Lucid Dream). This makes it easier to enter LDs in the future because as soon as your reality changes perspectives, you will automatically preform these checks and may find out you are actually LDing. After you have done these checks you may now walk away and enjoy the rest of your day or night.

I really hope this tutorial helps you guys out to reach a LD. I have read many tutorials on how to reach a LD and this is just how I reach an LD. Remember if you are new to LDing, it may take a few tries in order to get your first LD. You will be inconsistent in entering a LD until you practice more. Also remember that WILDs is one of the hardest methods of entering a LD. This is why it is important to do the checks when you wake up so that you can eventually just DILD instead of WILD. This will require no counting and less effort. You will find you may even enter a LD in the middle of your sleep cycle. If you have any questions, post them here and PM me because I may not check up on the thread so a nice little PM will remind me to check up on my fellow lucid dreamers! Once again I hope this helped!

Grundy

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
In my experience, it is also a good idea to keep a dream journal as pert of the exercise. I started working on my lucid dreaming skills first by writing down everything I can remember from my dreams immediately after I wake up. Over time, it helped me discern that I am in dream rather than awake.

Also when you initially have a lucid dreaming experience, you have to train your mind to move around with your mind. Often when starting your body's initial reaction is to move your arms and legs but seeing as you are in deep sleep, it will trigger a sleep paralysis experience which is quite uncomfortable.

Just keep at it and eventually you'll be able to master your dreams.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Hey Mart!! nice tutorial!! I never thought one can actually Lucid Dream in this way. Thank you. I'm glad I joined in tonight. If you don't mind, I would love to get your permission to get this tutorial and practice it? Only if you can.

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Hey Mart!! nice tutorial!! I never thought one can actually Lucid Dream in this way. Thank you. I'm glad I joined in tonight. If you don't mind, I would love to get your permission to get this tutorial and practice it? Only if you can.
Hi, I'm glad you like the post, however it is not my own tutorial - the original author was a user going by the name of Thor, as indicated in the post title. I just ported it over from the old version of the side and as all tutorials here, it is for everyone to utilize freely. :) Best of luck!

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
I've only ever really lucid dreamed when I least expected it, like I was dreaming and then just randomly broke through the matrix. After realizing that I was dreaming and could therefore do whatever the fuck I wanted, for some reason I decided to go do a ton of high-profile crimes and basically live out some sort of 1920's gangster fantasy. XD