• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Thought the GD dispanded

Gregorius

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
While i was browsing youtube i came across a video(
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
) of a LBRP being performed by a group of people
Turns out these people claim to be the original GoldenDawn and somehow hold the copyright for Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn®
After clciking on their channel and then going to their website(
) i found out that they somehow tunred into some conspiracy group.

Is this like a scam or some people actually pretending to be the OG Golden Dawn

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
It's David Griffin. The original Golden Dawn is locked in my basement, for anyone who has never seen a white person before.

Gregorius

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
  • Free membership in the AΩ Rosicrucian Mystery School
  • One Full Year of Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn Magick training & Online Initiation
  • Unlimited Access to 612 lessons - Grade by grade in Online, PDF, Audio and Video formats.
  • Live Magick Webinars twice a month
  • Monthly Mentoring With GD Elder via email
  • Access to exclusive Golden Dawn Initiates online community
(A $1788 value)
PLUS, you’ll also get the Ancient Rites Collection as free gifts:

• The Laws of Hermetic Science
  • Occult Science Unveiled
  • Magick: Natural and Divine
  • The Science of Miracles
  • The Ultimate Magick Beginners Cheat Sheet
(A $296 value)
PLUS, you will get our 'Neophyte Welcome Kit' directly to your mailbox:

• Golden Dawn Magick Blade
  • Rose+Cross Stargate Talisman
  • Membership Card
  • Initiation Certificate
(A $297 value)
Total Value: $2,383!
Only $297 today!
Click the “Initiate Me Now”
Button To Get Started Now!

THIS HAS TO BE A SCAM HOLY HELL

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Well I assume there's a subscription fee somewhere along the line after your initial payment of 300$ if you want to email him indefinitely.

Gregorius

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Well I assume there's a subscription fee somewhere along the line after your initial payment of 300$ if you want to email him indefinitely.
i wouldnt even pay 30 to recieve public domain knowlage form someone pretending to be the golden dawn

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
While i was browsing youtube i came across a video(
) of a LBRP being performed by a group of people
Turns out these people claim to be the original GoldenDawn and somehow hold the copyright for Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn®
After clciking on their channel and then going to their website(
) i found out that they somehow tunred into some conspiracy group.

Is this like a scam or some people actually pretending to be the OG Golden Dawn
If I recall it's like those old, old bands that never die. Someone buys the rights to the name and brings in new faces. Since the name is the original name, they can style the group "original." But, yes. The Original Golden Dawn fell into dust long ago. Israel Regardie published their curriculum not wanting the lore to be lost. The rest, as they say, is merchandising by the newly hatched adepts.
Post automatically merged:

i wouldnt even pay 30 to recieve public domain knowlage form someone pretending to be the golden dawn
You can get pirate copies of Regardie's Complete Golden Dawn online. Set up as "The One and Only Genuine Original Golden Dawn."

Gregorius

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
If I recall it's like those old, old bands that never die. Someone buys the rights to the name and brings in new faces. Since the name is the original name, they can style the group "original." But, yes. The Original Golden Dawn fell into dust long ago. Israel Regardie published their curriculum not wanting the lore to be lost. The rest, as they say, is merchandising by the newly hatched adepts.

You can get pirate copies of Regardie's Complete Golden Dawn online. Set up as "The One and Only Genuine Original Golden Dawn."
Its not even pirate as i remember but public domain

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I couldn't tell you how many of his customers believe he is "The Original Golden Dawn Organization", or how hard he is pretending.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I couldn't tell you how many of his customers believe he is "The Original Golden Dawn Organization", or how hard he is pretending.
I guess they are paying for an education, albeit one not at all magickal.

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I guess they are paying for an education, albeit one not at all magickal.
I could think of worse ways to spend 300$, I just don't gamble personally.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I could think of worse ways to spend 300$, I just don't gamble personally.
GD always struck me as Victorian-era cosplay. Maybe Renaissance Fair for hoplophobes.

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
GD always struck me as Victorian-era cosplay. Maybe Renaissance Fair for hoplophobes.
A community with a book outside the Church is a novel thing. They don't even do that in United States Zen temples.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards

A lot of it gives off KKK vibes as well. I just can’t with the whole White Sheet and Pointy hat attire.

I think a person can learn a lot of foundational work and Ritual formats from the GD catalog but fashion is best left to the individual to work out.

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
THIS HAS TO BE A SCAM HOLY HELL

$300 to join a "secret society" is actually not bad, given that some fraternities and non-secret societies charge way more than that yearly.
If I recall, I think the join fee for Masons like $1500, but eh.
Still probably a scam, but people acting weird for being told to pay dues to a social club or secret society is actually really strange.

A lot of it gives off KKK vibes as well. I just can’t with the whole White Sheet and Pointy hat attire.

I think a person can learn a lot of foundational work and Ritual formats from the GD catalog but fashion is best left to the individual to work out.

You'd hate a very specific ceremony in Spain...

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards

Come on, there. Read their website. They're about as KKK as Anton LaVey was Southern Baptist. Clothes don't make the mensch. In China, one sees KKK style headgear worn by mourners at funerals. Himmler's inspiration for SS uniforms was the regalia worn by the New Jersey State Police back then. Native Americans used swastikas in their symbolism and nary a Gauleiter among them.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Come on, there. Read their website. They're about as KKK as Anton LaVey was Southern Baptist. Clothes don't make the mensch. In China, one sees KKK style headgear worn by mourners at funerals. Himmler's inspiration for SS uniforms was the regalia worn by the New Jersey State Police back then. Native Americans used swastikas in their symbolism and nary a Gauleiter among them.

No I only meant it gives off the visual vibes.

But I do admit to conflating a few things.

It's only at the Probationer and Adeptus Minor ranks that the white tau is used but w/o a hood.

Robe_of_the_Probationer.jpg

Then at Neophyte they go Full Hooded but in Black..

Robe_of_the_Neophyte.jpg

At Adeptus Major Colors are used..

Robe_of_the_Adeptus_Major.jpg

At any rate it probably helps to acknowledge that I am from the Deep South of the USA and these images do have a similarity to this...

AL18g_QSFMsucHAenidOYuCUm8RHFykG9faZIRIhk5ZX2q5ASJbbwcLuT3wxeT19Ti98k9_coWJAKC_2=s1200

But of course the attire having somewhat visual similarities doesn't mean they are at all alike and that's not what I meant.

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
No I only meant it gives off the visual vibes.

But I do admit to conflating a few things.

It's only at the Probationer and Adeptus Minor ranks that the white tau is used but w/o a hood.

Robe_of_the_Probationer.jpg

Then at Neophyte they go Full Hooded but in Black..

Robe_of_the_Neophyte.jpg

At Adeptus Major Colors are used..

Robe_of_the_Adeptus_Major.jpg

At any rate it probably helps to acknowledge that I am from the Deep South of the USA and these images do have a similarity to this...

AL18g_QSFMsucHAenidOYuCUm8RHFykG9faZIRIhk5ZX2q5ASJbbwcLuT3wxeT19Ti98k9_coWJAKC_2=s1200

But of course the attire having somewhat visual similarities doesn't mean they are at all alike and that's not what I meant.
The red and black ones remind me of movie versions of the Spanish Inquisition! I never expected that...(scurrying of many feet, door bursts open, high nasal voice: "No one expects..."

Without a hood, the white ones look kind of like a Catholic priest at Easter.