• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Declined Request Tibetan Magic

This book cannot be found/shared.

Leman

Visitor
Reaction score
After reading this article I was interested in learning the magic rites behind it, but couldn't find the original book that teaches it.. if anyone can be of help, I would appreciate.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
After reading this article I was interested in learning the magic rites behind it, but couldn't find the original book that teaches it.. if anyone can be of help, I would appreciate.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
Now hold on a minute. The title of your request tells us absolutely nothing about the book you want. @DurumKebab was right in pointing out that the book "Tibetan Ritual" by José I. Cabezón from which the particular chapter you linked to is taken was available on the net, so why didn't you request it? The Book Request section is mainly for whole books, and while it isn't exactly against the rules to request shorter scholarly papers, reading single chapters of a given book is a bit unsatisfying when you know you could have had the whole tome.

Besides, the documents on academia.edu are freely available once you log in with your Google account (FB doesn't work for me), so I downloaded that chapter you requested but wouldn't want to upload it myself because it doesn't contain that vaunted "Handbook of Tibetan Ritual Magic" at all, it only discusses it from a scholarly (and highly specialized Tibetological) point of view. I wouldn't mind posting the entire "Tibetan Ritual" by José I. Cabezón (in a seperate request!) but then you can download it yourself now.

I'm giving you a verbal warning now, the next time you make such request wih an unspecific heading it will be official.

Leman

Visitor
Reaction score
Now hold on a minute. The title of your request tells us absolutely nothing about the book you want. @DurumKebab was right in pointing out that the book "Tibetan Ritual" by José I. Cabezón from which the particular chapter you linked to is taken was available on the net, so why didn't you request it? The Book Request section is mainly for whole books, and while it isn't exactly against the rules to request shorter scholarly papers, reading single chapters of a given book is a bit unsatisfying when you know you could have had the whole tome.

Besides, the documents on academia.edu are freely available once you log in with your Google account (FB doesn't work for me), so I downloaded that chapter you requested but wouldn't want to upload it myself because it doesn't contain that vaunted "Handbook of Tibetan Ritual Magic" at all, it only discusses it from a scholarly (and highly specialized Tibetological) point of view. I wouldn't mind posting the entire "Tibetan Ritual" by José I. Cabezón (in a seperate request!) but then you can download it yourself now.

I'm giving you a verbal warning now, the next time you make such request wih an unspecific heading it will be official.

I meant the ancient book mentioned in the article, not the academic book. But I guess there is no translation of it to english.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I meant the ancient book mentioned in the article, not the academic book. But I guess there is no translation of it to english.
Read the rules and do your research. Linking to an academic article as a request while actually expecting us to guess that you're really after the book it's about is asking a bit too much. Specify clearly the book you want and we might succeed in locating it, we're not (all?) mindreaders here.

Leman

Visitor
Reaction score
Read the rules and do your research. Linking to an academic article as a request while actually expecting us to guess that you're really after the book it's about is asking a bit too much. Specify clearly the book you want and we might succeed in locating it, we're not (all?) mindreaders here.
Sorry for the confusion, I have Saturn in Gemini while living in a country with Saturn in house 3. Communication sometimes is a difficulty thing for me, but it won't happen again.