• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] To come out of Egypt asserts one must first venture into Egypt....switching religions to the first

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
If one is raised in Judaism or Christianity, it is stated in scripture for the children of God to "come out from Egypt". This logically asserts we must first, as Moses and Jesus were sent to, to venture into Egypt.

So, if one were to switch religion or to venture into Egypt, what then, where then do we start?

There is a word "Amen" which is derived from Amoun or Amun, ho is semi-equivalent with Ptah, the creator god of Egypt. Then we hve the slain and risen
Osiris, and the Vrigin Isis who have birth to Horus, the slayer of Set who slayed Osiris and dismembered him, only to be put back together nd risen from the dead.

So where does a Jew or Gentile start in venturing into Egypt and tkaing up the priestly or magi path?

Reaction score
I. Moving into Egypt does not mean switching religions. The Shasu people (they were not net Israelites or Jews) were of the lower Levant and as conditions there were harsh, they would often venture into Khemet for provisions and relief. They were not only tolerated just find but often treated graciously. It is unclear how, according to Exodus, they became captive. Anthropologically speaking we don't have much evidence for a mass Exodus as depicted but they did venture out of Khemet and merged with some Canaanites to form Israel.

II. Moses grew up in Khemet. While some state Jesus went to learn the mysteries in Khemet during his missing years, this isn't a Biblical claim and emerges for the most part in the 1800s amidst the Egyptian fever of the time.

III. The word Amen does not go back to Amun. This is bad etymology that has been debunked time and time again.

IV. It is true that the themes talked about in Osirian mysteries are the same talked about in the Christian mysteries and in so far as Khemetic culture influenced Hellenic culture which influenced Christianity yes...there is a connection but that does not make Christ a carbon copy of Osiris. For example it can be argued that Mithra and Attis were of a greater influence. -but the GD certainly taught a transition from Osirian to Christian which is where many of these comparatives come from. There is a truth there but it is over-embelished and exaggerated. Just about every culture had a solar or vegetation God who overcame death.

V. Isis was not a virgin, she had used Osirus' phallus to impregnate herself. She also had Inpu 'Anubis'.

VI. A Jew most certainly would not venture into Egypt believing the Story of Exodus to be true. That's like a black man venturing into the southern United States prior to 1861.

Reaction score
Awards
I. Moving into Egypt does not mean switching religions. The Shasu people (they were not net Israelites or Jews) were of the lower Levant and as conditions there were harsh, they would often venture into Khemet for provisions and relief. They were not only tolerated just find but often treated graciously. It is unclear how, according to Exodus, they became captive. Anthropologically speaking we don't have much evidence for a mass Exodus as depicted but they did venture out of Khemet and merged with some Canaanites to form Israel.

II. Moses grew up in Khemet. While some state Jesus went to learn the mysteries in Khemet during his missing years, this isn't a Biblical claim and emerges for the most part in the 1800s amidst the Egyptian fever of the time.

III. The word Amen does not go back to Amun. This is bad etymology that has been debunked time and time again.

IV. It is true that the themes talked about in Osirian mysteries are the same talked about in the Christian mysteries and in so far as Khemetic culture influenced Hellenic culture which influenced Christianity yes...there is a connection but that does not make Christ a carbon copy of Osiris. For example it can be argued that Mithra and Attis were of a greater influence. -but the GD certainly taught a transition from Osirian to Christian which is where many of these comparatives come from. There is a truth there but it is over-embelished and exaggerated. Just about every culture had a solar or vegetation God who overcame death.

V. Isis was not a virgin, she had used Osirus' phallus to impregnate herself. She also had Inpu 'Anubis'.

VI. A Jew most certainly would not venture into Egypt believing the Story of Exodus to be true. That's like a black man venturing into the southern United States prior to 1861.
Points respectfully noted 😀

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Much of the Old Testament is symbolic and much edited by later priests and scribes.

Also the first five books have number and letter codes so that they are never to be translated

• notarikon
  • gematria
  • temurah

Reaction score
Awards
True point, just because you have an interest in or work with, doesn't mean you must adopt their religion.
I see.
I see.
I did no know this. I see.
I did not know this either. I assumed she was like the archetypal Virgin Mary and due to the "Virgo, Isis, Mighty Mother" line from a famous ritual. I see.
Points noted and appreciated.
Post automatically merged:

Much of the Old Testament is symbolic and much edited by later priests and scribes.

Also the first five books have number and letter codes so that they are never to be translated

• notarikon
  • gematria
  • temurah
These are interesting points. There was a book called "The Bible Code" that claimed due to their book and software, that you could find hidden prophecies, scripture and revelation. It sadly did not generate much publicity.

Reaction score
True point, just because you have an interest in or work with, doesn't mean you must adopt their religion.

I see.

I see.

I did no know this. I see.

I did not know this either. I assumed she was like the archetypal Virgin Mary and due to the "Virgo, Isis, Mighty Mother" line from a famous ritual. I see.

Points noted and appreciated.
Post automatically merged:

These are interesting points. There was a book called "The Bible Code" that claimed due to their book and software, that you could find hidden prophecies, scripture and revelation. It sadly did not generate much publicity.
I think you miss the point. There was never an allegation or claim that they were accepting their religion. The story says they found themselves in Khemet as captives.

-and see this is the danger of equivocation. Isis is not Mary but in going from the Osirian to the Christian mysteries you go from Isis to Mary.
Isis inherited the whole of the sky from her mother Nut and is this one with all the stars above the horizon while her sister below the Horizon.

Horus is the Horizon..