• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Traditional Witchcraft Book Recommendations

Luna

Visitor
Reaction score
So I'm getting back into magick practice but I need to focus on healing as I'm dealing with a sickness that's utterly debilitating to my lungs. I have always had an interest in European folk magick because I knew it was there ever since I was young. Wicca didn't do it for me even though it worked, I just felt something was missing because all the fluff made it feel fake so that I fell out of it. Shoot me any books you know and I'll see what digging I can do. I am mostly Spaniard so I'll be looking into Celtic folk practice. Anything at the roots especially before assimilation is cool, just as long as there's some healing instruction. I am very much appreciative of your help.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Forgive me if I've misunderstood, but you're looking for book recommendations, so why did you put trade in the title?

Luna

Visitor
Reaction score
Forgive me if I've misunderstood, but you're looking for book recommendations, so why did you put trade in the title?
Woops I totally messed that up 'Traditional witchcraft book recommendation trade'. You recommend a book for me and I'll do the same. I don't know why, I just feel like returning the favor.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Woops I totally messed that up 'Traditional witchcraft book recommendation trade'. You recommend a book for me and I'll do the same. I don't know why, I just feel like returning the favor.
Oh right, next time maybe it would be better to just make a book recommendation thread and start off by giving a few of your own recommendations, rather than waiting for others to contribute first before you contribute and calling it a "trade" makes it feel transactional when the actual intention is to share and spread knowledge.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Literally anything by Gemma Gary and Robin Artisson. I personally am a fan of Letters From The Devil's Forest, Horn of Evenwood and To Fly By Night and Devil's Dozen

Luna

Visitor
Reaction score
Apologies Skull, it's not easy sifting through all the Christian/wiccan/'snake oil peddler' mumbo with little to no energy. So I don't actually really feel I should recommend much based off of reviews but I will give one because you can at least take it as, 'I read the reviews so you don't have to'. Spent hours looking for something good on Celtic spirituality and it feels like I'm just getting started. So far The Book of Celtic Magic from Kristoffer Huges looks ok. I'm going to check it out to make my own judgment and update here with my feelings about it. I need to look into holistic medicine options for a bit and then I'll return hopefully soon with more recommendations.