• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Trail Run Find

trailrunner

Visitor
Reaction score
Hello forum!

I, by no surprise am a trail runner. A few days ago while running down a trail I took a moment to enjoy a particular view as I rarely come to this trail. When I came around one bend I found my self not on the trail anymore. When I looked around nothing looked familiar. I ran around to try and get a sense of my surroundings but nothing looked familiar. I found a small cave with these weird carvings and a book filled with similar stuff in it. When I turned around to leave everything was normal again. I talked to my friend about this cause he's more into the occult and such and he couldn't tell me anything, even after looking through the book.

Why I'm posting here is because I was hoping someone here could help from my friend's recommendation. Some information about the book, It has a language I've never seen before and cant make heads or tails of. From what I can tell it has 36 symbols. There is also a slightly different version of these symbols. There are drawings of these humanoid beings but they don't quite look human. Some of them are drawn with tails and others are drawn with bat like wings. One common characteristic is a square snout. I think the book should be read horizontally from how the drawings are presented but I still cant tell if its from left to right or right to left. There's also what I can only describe as magic circles with almost text book like descriptions of what the magic circle must do. I determined this from lines and circles being drawn from parts of the magic circles to lines of text in this language. However this could also just be part of them magic circle. Along with these there's drawings of these beings preforming magic of some kind.

If you guys have any questions I would be more than happy to answer them to the best of my ability. I can't take any pictures of the book right now as my phone camera is broken but I am getting a new phone next week so at that point ill make an update with pictures of some interesting parts of the book.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Uh-huh.

Your friend doesn't have a camera on his phone either? Neither you nor your friend has other friends with unbroken phones? The local library has no scanner?

It's like the local gummermint boss tolt me when I tried blackmailing him about his torrid affair with the neighbor's sheep: "No pictures, Xeno? No credibility."

I'm not saying you're not telling the truth. I am saying I'm waiting. Patiently but, alas, with breath unbated.

trailrunner

Visitor
Reaction score
Uh-huh.

Your friend doesn't have a camera on his phone either? Neither you nor your friend has other friends with unbroken phones? The local library has no scanner?

It's like the local gummermint boss tolt me when I tried blackmailing him about his torrid affair with the neighbor's sheep: "No pictures, Xeno? No credibility."

I'm not saying you're not telling the truth. I am saying I'm waiting. Patiently but, alas, with breath unbated.
I completely understand where you are coming from. Honestly taking pictures of it on my friend's phone hadn't even crossed either of our minds. As for going to the local library it also never crossed my mind but getting my new phone will happen before I can make time to go to the library for this. In the mean time this is a rendition of a line of text in the book with a hyper link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I edited out the link to your book. Once your camera works, please go back to the Magickal cave and take "pics or it didn't happen".

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I edited out the link to your book. Once your camera works, please go back to the Magickal cave and take "pics or it didn't happen".
There's an old dictum about visits to the lands of Fey. Don't eat or drink anything, else you can't return. I wonder if that applies to "taking" pictures. One is, after all, ingesting images into a device of one's own. Maybe OP got lucky there with his rotten Apple.
Post automatically merged:

This looks awful lot like 'Ted the Caver' creepypasta.
Yeah, but Ted packed a Kodak disposable and got arguably presentable results. All we got here is limping excuses. Score one for low-tech solutions, I guess.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
So you had a vision and took back something material with you once you returned to the material world?? I find that hard to believe, it sounds too much like a fairytale or some religious legend, like Joseph Smith and his golden tablets. Again we have the Problem of the Criterion - what could possibly substantiate such a story? Pics can be faked, books can be faked, the only thing left here is to debunk your claims by ascertaining it's actually a bad copy of the Voynich manuscript or something. Tales such as these can only be disproved but hardly ever proved. Which is disappointing somehow, so let's found some weird cave book cult and go crazy with it, I say!

Edit: We're not intrepid paranormal investigators always hungry for strange tales. "So what?" is the most appropiate answer here, IMHO

Last edited:

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
So you had a vision and took back something material with you once you returned to the material world?? I find that hard to believe, it sounds too much like a fairytale or some religious legend, like Joseph Smith and his golden tablets.
Someone demonstrates this, I am dropping everything to become this persons apprentice. I am gonna wash their feet everyday and won't raise my voice. Just teach me the secret of creation, I don't care if it takes a decade.

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
so-proud-of-this-community-proud.png

This takes me back to Sheitan's warrior a little project film by a (then) novice director.
pretty much same premise, i will include the link just in case (ENG SUBS INCLUDED!) anyone cares but i tagged it
at the exact moment the super religious parents catch the nerd with the necronomicon
i fking love it, we quotted it for years and the guy who finds the evil book is appropriately cringe

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

learning? latin?
in a cave?? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
So you had a vision and took back something material with you once you returned to the material world?? I find that hard to believe, it sounds too much like a fairytale or some religious legend, like Joseph Smith and his golden tablets. Again we have the Problem of the Criterion - what could possibly substantiate such a story? Pics can be faked, books can be faked, the only thing left here is to debunk your claims by ascertaining it's actually a bad copy of the Voynich manuscript or something. Tales such as these can only be disproved but hardly ever proved. Which is disappointing somehow, so let's found some weird cave book cult and go crazy with it, I say!

Edit: We're not intrepid paranormal investigators always hungry for strange tales. "So what?" is the most appropiate answer here, IMHO
Actually, if his book lays down some really fascinating lore, we can skip the criterion part and go straight to True Believership. I just read a Repairman Jack novel where he takes down a worldwide cult whose members "fuse" with their personal "xeltons" in the "Other Realm," and afterwards I was yearning for a really authentic experience like that, ya know? And then yesterday afternoon, THIS thread starts. Can you spell synkron---wait---sinchronisi----wait---synckro---me either. I can't spell "synchronicity," but I know it when it jumps up outta the fishpond and latches onto my spiritual phallus with its pointy little teeth.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Most likely it's a sequel to the Necronomicon titled "Son of Abdul Alhazred - Yog-Sothoth Strikes Back" or something ;)

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Most likely it's a sequel to the Necronomicon titled "Son of Abdul Alhazred - Yog-Sothoth Strikes Back" or something ;)
I bet I even can guess who is Abdul Alhazmat's son. (Spoiler Warning: plot involves the Chosen One trope)