• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Traumatic depersonalization of the magician and their attempts in magick

Someone's asking for help!
Reaction score
Awards
Correct me if Im wrong - but my interpretation of depersonalization is that of losing a part or whole loss/damage of self identity (personality, emotions) after significant trauma has occurred.

Wouldn't this have an adverse or malignant effect on their decent attempts at magick?

How do they get emnotiuon and passion back, after that trauma may not have been healed?

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
do shadow work check out satan and suns forum

magic isn't normal for the human animal &
therefore magic that does something creates trauma:
personal or otherwise. you need energy to cause change so u need to breakdown something/someone to create this energy, same as chem & physics.

magic is also connected to spirits & therefore death:
the more near death experiences 1 has the more effective
their magic is, at least in my life.

I'd love to hear what others say...

Reaction score
Awards
do shadow work check out satan and suns forum

magic isn't normal for the human animal &
therefore magic that does something creates trauma:
personal or otherwise. you need energy to cause change so u need to breakdown something/someone to create this energy, same as chem & physics.

magic is also connected to spirits & therefore death:
the more near death experiences 1 has the more effective
their magic is, at least in my life.

I'd love to hear what others say...
Some good. oints here. I actually found myself re-reading The Middle Pillar by Regardei. For trauma victims, there are several exercises. from the magick and side and brotherhood of light that can be used. Asseoli and Jung are mentioned extensively in the work for Jungian, Transpersonal psychology methods.

However, good point on the energies and forms, that is true.

Reaction score
Awards
I say the disposition for a personality disorder was already present. Then it needed one more gente push to go over the edge.
Well, who has all of their marbles intact in this world? Not me, thats for sure. Still, it doesn't negate the spiritual side of life. Now whether one feels it is unsafe or safe is beside the point, in a path of devotion, it doesn't matter, it is still required. Same with mysticism. Same with magick.

I would say you are correct however, I have Neptune in Scorpio in my first house. A little out there as an ascending planet placement. Mars mightsve been worse, but Sagittarius with Jupiter sitting there, that would be a nice ascendant, Still, my ascendant and planet placement is not a bad thing, it is like anything else, you can wallow in vice or search and find the virtues and live them.

But, I think the first thing one should do if they've experienced trauma or depersonalization is to do those exercises in The Middle Pillar.

Still, the question is how to get the emotion and passion back for magick to work if you've undergone depersonalization or severe trauma.

Whatever the cause is is immaterial.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Well, who has all of their marbles intact in this world? Not me, thats for sure. Still, it doesn't negate the spiritual side of life. Now whether one feels it is unsafe or safe is beside the point, in a path of devotion, it doesn't matter, it is still required. Same with mysticism. Same with magick.

I would say you are correct however, I have Neptune in Scorpio in my first house. A little out there as an ascending planet placement. Mars mightsve been worse, but Sagittarius with Jupiter sitting there, that would be a nice ascendant, Still, my ascendant and planet placement is not a bad thing, it is like anything else, you can wallow in vice or search and find the virtues and live them.

But, I think the first thing one should do if they've experienced trauma or depersonalization is to do those exercises in The Middle Pillar.

Still, the question is how to get the emotion and passion back for magick to work if you've undergone depersonalization or severe trauma.

Whatever the cause is is immaterial.
Emotion and passion are feelings. Am I wrong or are many how-tos in here against feelings?
Whatever, if you want your feelings back and the Middle Pillar of the temple shall be your cure, I see no other way than to try to feel it. Is it cold or warm? How does the structure feel? Stone or wood? How are your bodily feelings when you touch it?

Reaction score
Awards
Emotion and passion are feelings. Am I wrong or are many how-tos in here against feelings?
Whatever, if you want your feelings back and the Middle Pillar of the temple shall be your cure, I see no other way than to try to feel it. Is it cold or warm? How does the structure feel? Stone or wood? How are your bodily feelings when you touch it?
All good questions. Personally I found it wood, and comforting in a way.

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
Everything is an illusion bruh but this happens when you're not balanced. if you're experiencing this then you need to ground yourself.

If that doesn't work then you need to figure out how to sever your attachment to the trauma that's causing this.

You are not your pain and suffering. Realize where this comes from. Affirm it has no power over you and sever it. You are the observer not the experience (trauma) in this circumstance.

Reaction score
Awards
Is it worth pointing out that "magic" is an adjective describing the quality of mages and their actions

Could it be that mages are refined humans?
Mages used to be at least.
Well mannered. Well spoken. Well travelled. Open minded toward other cultures. Knew several languages. Many were the equivalent of a PhD in terms of modern education, typically in the natural sciences.
My take on it anyway.

Reaction score
Awards
The energy was live and felt like those thick electric lines that kids stupidly play with, where you would feel the electric vibration to the point where your entire body is vibrating, It felt like that, neither warm nor cold. It did seem to have a two way direction, but more emphasis being pulled up.

Reaction score
Awards
I say the disposition for a personality disorder was already present. Then it needed one more gente push to go over the edge.
I agree, in hindsight and awareness, yeah, it was already there, at least this time around, My trauma and depersonalization occurred in April/May, and I jumped back in in June.
I would agree with this since the Magician over time builds more mental strength and focus, that little could affect him or her in terms of creating trauma or depersonalization, especially at upper levels of experience and general time.
Even the Theoricus or Adeptus Minor needs to be able to control thought as an example.

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I agree, in hindsight and awareness, yeah, it was already there, at least this time around, My trauma and depersonalization occurred in April/May, and I jumped back in in June.
I would agree with this since the Magician over time builds more mental strength and focus, that little could affect him or her in terms of creating trauma or depersonalization, especially at upper levels of experience and general time.
Even the Theoricus or Adeptus Minor needs to be able to control thought as an example.
And from the Adeptus Exemptus on everything changes. Thought control gets expanded by the ability to let go. The mind gets expanded by a whole new set of feelings. You will learn how to harmonize every little detail of your existance.
This is the point where most adepts are cursing Yoga and the like. Because it falsely led them to destroy 'unwanted' aspects. Now they need them - or else fail in the face of the Archangel Michael's question: "Quis ut Deus?"
Because for him, the Archistrategos of God, you will look like a basphemous dragon without being whole.