• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Tree of life initiation

Reaction score
Awards
I've recently been initiated in Qlippoth. I'd like to initiate into the tree of life as well. Does anyone have any reading suggestions or information perhaps rituals to accomplish this? I'm at a loss with this as it's traditionally an RHP initiation. My belief is that in the LHP we should have command of both sides of the tree.

Sage

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I've recently been initiated in Qlippoth. I'd like to initiate into the tree of life as well. Does anyone have any reading suggestions or information perhaps rituals to accomplish this? I'm at a loss with this as it's traditionally an RHP initiation. My belief is that in the LHP we should have command of both sides of the tree.
The only stuff I have about "tree of life"(or similar) are these documents:

Building the Tree of Life In the Aura(4 pages doc)
Kemetic Tree of Life(book)
Footprints in the Chamber - Towards a Quantum Qabbala(5 page doc)
APPRENTICED TO MAGIC & MAGIC AND THE QABALAH(book)
The Anatomy of the Body of God(88 page "book")

I doubt any of them might have exactly what you seek, though.

A pity, but Qabalah/Kabbalah never really got my interest when seeking books.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Wagner's opera Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg is about the Tree of Life. With one TV broadcast, as the hero sang the German equivalent of "a tree richly hung with healing fruit" the ToL in me immediately lit up

I forget the particular performance

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
That's what people want you to believe. If you're in it for one uping people on the finer points of the sephiroth then I guess it would make sense to know both sides.

The point is it doesn't matter which side you work. The trip across the abyss is all the same. Once you make it out then you'll see how pointless it all is to see it in such a rudimentary way.

Reaction score
Awards
That's what people want you to believe. If you're in it for one uping people on the finer points of the sephiroth then I guess it would make sense to know both sides.

The point is it doesn't matter which side you work. The trip across the abyss is all the same. Once you make it out then you'll see how pointless it all is to see it in such a rudimentary way.
Well I hadn't thought of it that way 🤔

Silsebyl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
the trip accross the abyss can be done without even touching Kabbalah, neither Sefiroth nor Klifoth. ;)

Yet going through the Sefiroth after doing so for the Klifoth might be interesting. I just won't look at it as LHP and RHP, but as an individual experience.

The Klifoth stem from the Sefiroth in the end, not the other way round, so it's kind of exploring the origin.

Why don't you do it in a similar way like you walked the Klifoth? No need for initiation programs invented by others. Just make up your own. :)

Reaction score
Awards
the trip accross the abyss can be done without even touching Kabbalah, neither Sefiroth nor Klifoth. ;)

Yet going through the Sefiroth after doing so for the Klifoth might be interesting. I just won't look at it as LHP and RHP, but as an individual experience.

The Klifoth stem from the Sefiroth in the end, not the other way round, so it's kind of exploring the origin.

Why don't you do it in a similar way like you walked the Klifoth? No need for initiation programs invented by others. Just make up your own. :)
You do make a good point

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
You do make a good point
imho The main difference sphiroth v. Qlipoth is that the tree of life is 1 unit with god/universe/source whatever while the Qlipoth are each like separate bodies within separate bodies, like fractals & their geometry.

each Qlippah contains more Qlipoth ad infinitum.

that‘s in my book the tree of death never ends, you can keep climbin/but I would use digging for the roots analogy cuz I think it fits bette infinitely achieving physical immortality if you dig long enoug.

Reaction score
Awards
imho The main difference sphiroth v. Qlipoth is that the tree of life is 1 unit with god/universe/source whatever while the Qlipoth are each like separate bodies within separate bodies, like fractals & their geometry.

each Qlippah contains more Qlipoth ad infinitum.

that‘s in my book the tree of death never ends, you can keep climbin/but I would use digging for the roots analogy cuz I think it fits bette infinitely achieving physical immortality if you dig long enoug.
Well said.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Hmmm, maybe Shamanic Qabalah or The Mystical Qabalah. Or perhaps titles like Kabbalisic Cycles & the Mastery of Life, A Kabbalistic Handbook for the Practicing Magician, and The Secret Wisdom of the Qabalah may be what you're looking for. I have all of these books in PDF if you'd like any of them (except Shamanic Qabalah which I have a physical copy of).

Silsebyl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards

No matter whether you go with Qliphoth or Sephiroth, you'll meet Jewish and Christian culture, thus their god or his mirrored reflections in the rebellion of the Qliphoth. And you'll even meet gods of other cultures, spoofed and distorted to demons. Since I had my issues with religion and mysticism in general, I didn't go for Kabbala or Qabalah at all for a long time, but rather stuck to my very own magical research through dreams, trance, divination and such. I knew I would become angry both at the falsehood in the robe of moral on the one hand and at the distortion of this same moral in the mirror of the evil on the other hand.

Since recently I don't have these issues anymore, so I started reading the Zohar a few days ago. And I realize that much of what I've found out by myself, can also be found in the reflections of the Kabala (and elsewhere). There is still the theology and the mysticism of course, which force all knowledge into their patterns and abuse them for their religious purposes. Yet I have much fun in detecting these patterns, seeing what they're doing there, transforming their ideas into broader, archetypal views and then back into my own individual magical system. And I have a lot of fun with the kabalistic way of exegesis, which often resembles the understanding of dreams in a certain way - not that I am really interested in biblical texts per se, actually they could do their kabalastic stuff on any text and it would be the same fun for me.

In the Sefer Yetzira - if I remember right - good and evil both reside in the Sephiroth. This at least is the way I always looked at the tree of life, thus I never saw a need for the Qliphoth. Yet I understand, that there was a need in the middle ages, when the Sephiroth became an expression of the pure good, for a new place where the evil should reside, still being a spark of god concealed in the shells of matter (or the like) of course, since their god has to rule them all, right? So they added the Kliphoth to the Kabala.

Well, now we have the Qabbalah with all the angels and demons and so on, where the mages climb around, often from bottom to top, to find whatever they seek. And it's fun, many find parts of their magic in there, both in the Sephiroth and Qliphoth. And when you follow the Sephiroth from top to bottom, you will follow the path of creation, because it originally was meant this way in Kabala.

Now why do I write all this stuff? Yes, the Sephiroth were all meant as parts of god, there you are right, Jk666. Yet the Qliphoth, although today often understood as independent opponent to Jewish and Christian religion and god, are much more a counterpart, still tightly interwoven with the views of those religions and their mysticism. If you do magic with the Qliphoth, you will still have to deal with their god in a subliminal way, especially when you do it in rebellion against him.

Which doesn't mean of course, that you can't find valuable inspirations for and understandings of magic. But in the end - if you really want to be independent from this god and his kin - you have to do your work for your individual magic through understanding the underlying patterns and extracting and transforming the knowledge into its essences. Well, at least that's my opinion ...

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
@Silsebyl i agree with what you said.

but like everything in magic the Qlipoth changed from their original purpose:

on the surface they’re a counterpart
but I in my personal digging I reached a stage
where their gods are chimeras: neither infernal nor celestial nor known.

I think anyone can reach this depth if you do the work.

To find treasure you need to dig deep.

Silsebyl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
i agree with what you said.

but like everything in magic the Qlipoth changed from their original purpose:

on the surface they’re a counterpart
lol, well, I meant it the other way round: at the surface they seem to have changed so much that many believe, they don't have much to do with the old stuff any more.Yet in the depth they're still dealing with the same god.

but I in my personal digging I reached a stage
where their gods are chimeras: neither infernal nor celestial nor known.

I think anyone can reach this depth if you do the work.

To find treasure you need to dig deep.

Yes, I totally agree with you!

And you can do the same with the Sephiroth. ;)

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Yes, I totally agree with you!

And you can do the same with the Sephiroth. ;)
the sphiroth imo are still governed by angles arrogant creatures whose hierarchy is mostly based on tradition. lower angles are like robot.

v. Qlipoth whose hierarchy is based on raw strength.

the Qlipoth taught me there’s no limit to strength & the knowledge that comes from it

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
the trip accross the abyss can be done without even touching Kabbalah, neither Sefiroth nor Klifoth.
I agree and disagree. Different cultures have different ways of describing this journey.
Yet going through the Sefiroth after doing so for the Klifoth might be interesting.
It doesn't matter which side you work because the result is the same. You should look at the whole thing like it's a ladder. It's entirely up to you where you decide to stop.

the sphiroth imo are still governed by angles arrogant creatures whose hierarchy is mostly based on tradition. lower angles are like robot.

v. Qlipoth whose hierarchy is based on raw strength.

the Qlipoth taught me there’s no limit to strength & the knowledge that comes from it

The Tree of Life and The Qliphoth aren't separate, so the end goal is the same. The whole concept of the two trees is based on the idea that the forces of order and creation exist parallel to the imbalanced forces of chaos, entropy and destruction and that one side can't exist without the other. So, the angels within the Tree of Life have demonic forms in the Qliphoth as well because nothing in this observable universe exists without a mixture of "light" and "dark" aspects. Notice how in some grimoires demons have specific angels or planetary intelligences that cancel them out? That's what I'm talking about. So, if you're taking a LHP v.s. RHP approach to this system then I'd have to say you're mistaken because it's not about that.

On an individual level this whole system is geared towards shadow work. The Qliphoth is a tool for you to bring the unconscious aspects of the self into consciousness. They take the form of demons because they're the parts of ourselves that we've hidden away. They are our anger, sadness, shame, and fear - the things we refuse to face within ourselves. Those things need to be broken down or dissolved so we can build up and strengthen our spirit. The whole entire point of this is to become whole again. It is only when we are complete, we are fully capable of experiencing our god self.

Reaction score
Awards
Rufus Opus wrote a book on angelic work in the ToL to initiate into the spheres.

hungry_ghost

Internet Forum NPC
Reaction score
Awards
I was hoping that eventually I would turn into something useful for a greater purpose

There is no greater purpose. We are not special. Once you except that you'll find your purpose. I did and now I'm happy. I never thought in a million years that I'd enjoy being a hairdresser but here I am enjoying it. You know how I got there? I gave up and said fuck it to everything. One day out of curiosity I decided to check out beauty school. I was like hey I like women and I think it would be cool to make them look beautiful. Well, here I am and I enjoy it.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Hairdressing can be important. The (relatively) pure hairdresser can use steel blades (scissors) to cut away heavy mental energies that condense around the brain

Thus it can be more than a hair cut