• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Tree Spirits and How to Communicate With Them

So I figured this would be something I could write that may be rather useful to people, as I've never seen enough written on the subject. I personally learned this on accident as a child, I guess as one of the big moments where natural talent ended up yielding something unexpectedly. Scared the crap outta me at first, but I eventually learned to do this at will.

Anyway, tree spirits (or Dryads, if you wanna get fancy about it) are, as you may have guessed, the spirits of trees. Just like how your body houses your soul, trees house a soul of their own. Every tree has one, and plants do as well. But since this is a beginner's article I'll just be focusing on trees, as I've personally found them easier to reach out to, as well as less prone to mischief/more likely to be cooperative with humans. I may write more later, if anybody wants me to.

So without further ado, here's how you reach out to them:

Step 1: Find a tree. If you have the luxury, the bigger and older the tree the better. But any will do, though you may want to be somewhere secluded for this if you're worried about people watching you.

Step 2: Connect with the tree. Look at it and if you can, put your hand flat against the trunk. Feel the pulse, the current of life underneath its bark. At this point, you may "hear" a faint voice in the form of mental dialogue. Usually it will be very clear, very distinctly a voice that is not your own, and you may feel it coming from the direction of the tree.

Step 3: Listen to what it has to say! A greeting? Is it asking anything? Keep your own mind totally open and blank, just take a minute to close your eyes and listen.

Step 4: Either following what the tree may have said to you or being what you want to say first, think about what you want to tell the tree spirit. Imagine this thought going in the direction of the tree, possibly trying to mimic how it talked to you. It's not so much a linear link, as radio signal.

Step 5: Once you think you got it right, listen for a response. If you were successful, great job! Rinse and repeat. Whenever you're done with the "conversation", say goodbye as you part ways.

And that's really all to it. Tree spirits are one of the easiest "beginner" types to try to deal with, as far as fae go. You always know where to find them. As long as you're courteous and respectful towards them and the environment you find them in, they tend to be rather friendly, and have lots of things they can teach you. Often they can be like the grandparents you never had, and great listeners! Of course, this is a broad generalization, and varies by the individual as well as species/age of the tree. If you find you're not getting good results immediately, try again later. Giving some sort of offering in the form of water, fertilizer or picking up any trash around the tree may also help to get their attention/improve your relationship with them.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
Nature is awesome! Whenever they cut a Tree down, I get very upset. I enjoy nature, and where I live now, I have a yard that looks so enchanted. The Trees look so peaceful, and knowing Spring is here, the grass is turning green.
Yeah, the area around where I live used to be absolutely filled with fields and woodlands. But with as relentless as urban sprawl is, it's begun to reach here more and more the past couple years. Entire sections of wilderness are being turned into more fugly ass strip malls and apartment complexes. It makes me really upset, because it's like we had moved out here to escape the city, but the city just followed us. I may end up moving even further out to the middle of nowhere one day, so hopefully I have at least a decade without that shit.

For my area in particular, all the paving over of soil with concrete also has a huge practical downside: It makes flooding exponentially worse. When water can't soak into the ground, it has nowhere to go. The storm sewers and drainage ditches can never keep up, and next thing you know houses are flooding that had never been flooded before. This is why more urban areas in town tend to get the higher water level during hurricanes. Even much of the remaining woodland end up submerged in water more days out of the year, and there are areas where you just can't go without full-on rubber boots to wade through the shallow puddles.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
It is a eucalypt of some sort. The type of tree is not so important. The taller the tree, the more likely it is to collect star energies
Logically speaking, wouldn't that also apply to other celestial bodies like the moon?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Perhaps it might logically but I have never seen a tree looking at the Moon.

The Moon appears to be a recent arrival.

"Democretus and Anaxagoras mention that there was a time when no moon could be seen in the night skies. In describing the history of the Greek region of Arcadia, Aristotle writes that the Pelasgians lived in the area since very old times; at a time when the moon did not exist. Apollonios from Rhodes mentions something similar; he talks about a time when not all of the celestial objects existed in the sky; before the time of Deucalion’s and Pyrra’s generation (before the cataclysm); when the moon did not exist and the only humans that existed were the Pelasgians living on the mountains of Arcadia (region in Greece). These inhabitants of Arcadia where also known as Proselenes (meaning “those that were before moon” in Greek)."

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

The rocks of the Moon appear to be about 500 millions years older than those of Earth

The placement of the Moon appears very artificial with all sorts of problems quite apart from how to capture such a large entity moving at speed.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, the area around where I live used to be absolutely filled with fields and woodlands. But with as relentless as urban sprawl is, it's begun to reach here more and more the past couple years. Entire sections of wilderness are being turned into more fugly ass strip malls and apartment complexes. It makes me really upset, because it's like we had moved out here to escape the city, but the city just followed us. I may end up moving even further out to the middle of nowhere one day, so hopefully I have at least a decade without that shit.

For my area in particular, all the paving over of soil with concrete also has a huge practical downside: It makes flooding exponentially worse. When water can't soak into the ground, it has nowhere to go. The storm sewers and drainage ditches can never keep up, and next thing you know houses are flooding that had never been flooded before. This is why more urban areas in town tend to get the higher water level during hurricanes. Even much of the remaining woodland end up submerged in water more days out of the year, and there are areas where you just can't go without full-on rubber boots to wade through the shallow puddles.
Yeah... The inorganic Ones as I call them, they are trying to get rid of all woodland areas and wilderness. I feel bad for the Animals, and the Birds. Not only that, but the Bees are being extinct slowly, I have not seen much of them lately. I do see them, but not as much as before.