• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Truth invented to promote feudal patriarchy

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
What I was talking about is the fact that when you ask any question such as "what is a frying pan?" you embark on a chain of explanation which will have to stop at some point with "We don't know". The fact that we don't know at that point should not invalidate the chain of explanation that got you to that point,
Sure. "invalidate". Use a practical dao. You are concerned whether your "chain of explanation" is politically correct.
the point at which we say "We don't know" has to be taken on faith that what we don't know will not invalidate our explanation.
Redundant. Political.

Robert Ramsay

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Sure. "invalidate". Use a practical dao.

Redundant. Political.
Just to be clear, I was not talking about religious faith.

If I was joking, I'd say "The dao that can be used is not the true dao" :)

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
If I was joking, I'd say "The dao that can be used is not the true dao" :)
非常道
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
dao, not common, extraordinary. Eternal dao is stupid translation. The Zhuangzi, han fei's xingming, Huainanzi, Sima Qian, were all focused on change, I don't know why the Daodejing would be different.

Robert Ramsay

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
非常道
dao, not common, extraordinary. Eternal dao is stupid translation. The Zhuangzi, han fei's xingming, Huainanzi, Sima Qian, were all focused on change, I don't know why the Daodejing would be different.
I did say it was meant to be a joke :)

Wintruz

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I must admit, of all the ways to smash the patriarchy, I was not expecting "denying the existence of truth" to be on the table.
Absolute Relativism is a necessity for "smash the patriarchy" type politics. If nothing underpins reality, then reality can be remodelled in any way. There is an element of magical theory there (which explains why these ideas are so beguiling to many) but a wise magician recognises that s/he does not exist in an amorphous vacuum. Other things do exist and they are sometimes stronger than the human will to recreate the world. The essential hubris of "I can re-make reality into something that affirms my emotions" tends to get a rude awakening when things that are real (and therefore "true") come knocking. A case in point is our present, highly hubristic society's inability to confront death.

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
If nothing underpins reality, then reality can be remodelled in any way.

a wise magician recognises that s/he does not exist in an amorphous vacuum.

Post automatically merged:

A case in point is our present, highly hubristic society's inability to confront death.
????????
Post automatically merged:

Other things do exist and they are sometimes stronger than the human will to recreate the world.

Last edited:

interfiuu

Visitor
Reaction score
AṦA (truth) in Avestan derives from Indo-Iranian ṛtá-, symbolizing a warrior-like pursuit of truth in early Indo-Iranian poetry, reflecting a nomadic, feudal society focused on cattle breeding. The religious poet embodies truth as a loyal follower of a feudal lord, emphasizing concepts like cosmic and social order.

Scholars interpret aṧa- and Vedic ṛtá- as representing order and righteousness. In the Gathas, Ahura Mazdā merges with abstract virtues, emphasizing that dominion arises from truth.

Jeh is a female demon in Zoroastrian texts, often misrepresented as "whore," originally meaning "woman." She embodies negative traits, associated with adultery and sorcery, and plays a crucial role in the cosmic struggle between Ahura Mazdā and Ahriman. Jeh’s actions awaken Ahriman, and she is granted power over men.

Her narrative contrasts with Spandārmad, the virtuous counterpart in Zoroastrianism. The later portrayal of Jeh as Ahriman's consort reflects a late development in Zoroastrian tradition, focusing on the duality of good and evil.

The story has parallels in other texts, leading some scholars to suggest that women were seen negatively in certain Zoroastrian views, but this interpretation is debated and considered overly simplistic. Ultimately, Jeh's characterization remains limited to specific texts without becoming a dominant mythological theme.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Her narrative contrasts with Spandārmad, the virtuous counterpart in Zoroastrianism. The later portrayal of Jeh as Ahriman's consort reflects a late development in Zoroastrian tradition, focusing on the duality of good and evil.
True, the true scottsman only later unfolds as the demonization of "unvirtuous" women.

Since the Aməṧa Spəṇtas represent the totality of good moral qualities, it is easy to understand why the other Aməṧa Spəṇtas were assigned evil counterparts.

Xenophon

Magister
Reaction score
Awards
A truly shrewd clique of patriarchs (A) would encourage "smashing patriarchy/racism/exclusion/ableism..." while manipulating the smashers against targets of A's choice. The multitudinous Menschenmenge destroys what enclaves of competence still exist opposed to A above. Call these enclaves B. Or B, C, D... When these dogs have had their day, the Great Die Off can be implemented. The goal of 95% reduction in population proposed by kindly Bill Gates can be effected via controlled epidemics and simple mass starvation of the congenitally incompetent. (Aided by dirty bombs, as needed.) In the end A owns all the marbles.

Madness? The project is already well underway. Look around Europe, the U.S.: the replacement population is being imported and strategically relocated. Once in place and in (very nominal) control, it will exist exactly as long as AI/ automation cannot replace all human labor.

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
(A) A truly shrewd clique of patriarchs (A) would encourage "smashing patriarchy/racism/exclusion/ableism..." while manipulating the smashers against targets of A's choice.
I'm not all that familiar with who my purported targets are. I propose the Saudi Arabian monarchy.

Xenophon

Magister
Reaction score
Awards
I'm not all that familiar with who my purported targets are. I propose the Saudi Arabian monarchy.
They're starting to mellow. Didn't they decide women could drive, a couple of years back? It's a fine day when a humble activist has to go halfway around the world to further the cause. You could turn your ire to the PRC. About 51% of the population is male, but Mao's famous dictum runs "Women Hold Up Half the Sky!" 妇女能顶半边天 Just think: 49% of the populace is holding up an extra 1% of the sky. Patriarchy at its gold-bricking worst....right? Right...? OK, I'm not feeling the outrage either.

This could be the title of a Michael Franks' song: "All Outraged and No One to Purge!" Ain't that the truth...Sorry, sorry. Can't say truth. That way lies patriarchy.

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
They're starting to mellow. Didn't they decide women could drive, a couple of years back? It's a fine day when a humble activist has to go halfway around the world to further the cause. You could turn your ire to the PRC.
Sir, it's Saudi Arabia.

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Warned: Off-topic.
I give you a hamburger