• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Trying ChatGPT's knowledge of occultism

akenu

Neophyte
Reaction score
I decided to quiz
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
regarding its occult knowledge and I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised.

Q: Define the astral plane

The astral plane, also known as the astral realm or astral world, is a concept in many spiritual and philosophical traditions. It is often described as a non-physical plane of existence beyond the physical world, where consciousness can travel and experience things beyond the physical realm.

In some beliefs, the astral plane is seen as a place where the soul or spirit can go after death, or where individuals can go during astral projection or out-of-body experiences. It is also sometimes associated with dreams and the unconscious mind. The concept and interpretation of the astral plane can vary greatly across different cultures and belief systems.

Q: What is spiritus mundi?

Spiritus mundi is a Latin term that translates to "the spirit of the world." The concept has roots in ancient philosophy, particularly in the work of the philosopher Plotinus, and has been adapted and used in various ways by different thinkers throughout history.

In general, spiritus mundi refers to the idea that there is an underlying spiritual essence or force that pervades and animates all things in the world. This idea is often associated with the belief in a universal consciousness or collective unconscious and is seen as the source of all creativity, inspiration, and wisdom.

In some esoteric and mystical traditions, spiritus mundi is seen as a powerful and transformative force that can be accessed through spiritual practices such as meditation or contemplation. In literature and the arts, the concept of spiritus mundi has been used to express the interconnectedness of all things and the idea that everything in the world is part of a larger spiritual whole.

Q: What's the relationship between the Qabalistic tree of life and the signs of the zodiac?

The Tree of Life is a central concept in the mystical system of Qabala, also known as Kabbalah, which is an aspect of Jewish mysticism. The Tree of Life is a diagram that consists of ten interconnected spheres, or Sephiroth, which represent different aspects of the divine and the universe.

The relationship between the Tree of Life and the zodiac lies in the correspondence between the Sephiroth and the signs of the zodiac. In Qabala, each Sephira is associated with a set of astrological correspondences, including a particular zodiac sign.

For example, the Sephira known as Tiphareth is associated with the zodiac sign of Leo and is said to represent the sun and the idea of balance and harmony. Similarly, the Sephira known as Chokmah is associated with the sign of Aries and is said to represent the idea of wisdom and creativity.

In Qabala, the relationship between the Tree of Life and the zodiac is seen as a way to understand the interconnectedness of all things and how the movements of the stars and planets impact the spiritual and material realms. By exploring these correspondences, Qabalists aims to gain deeper insights into the nature of the universe and their own spiritual path.

Q: Explain the Chaldean sequence of planets

The Chaldean sequence of planets, also known as the Chaldean order of the planets, is an ancient system of astrology that was developed by the Chaldeans, a civilization that lived in Mesopotamia thousands of years ago. In this system, the planets are arranged in a specific order based on their perceived distance from the Earth and their astrological influence.

The Chaldean sequence of planets is as follows:

1. Saturn
  2. Jupiter
  3. Mars
  4. Sun
  5. Venus
  6. Mercury
  7. Moon

This ordering of the planets was considered to be of great significance in Chaldean astrology, as it was believed to reflect the relative strengths and influences of the different celestial bodies. Each planet was thought to have its own unique qualities and to influence the world and human lives in different ways, with the closest and most influential planets listed first in the Chaldean sequence.

It is important to note that this system of planetary order is specific to Chaldean astrology and may differ from other astrological traditions, such as Western astrology. However, the Chaldean sequence of planets continues to be studied and used by modern astrologers and those interested in the history of astrology.

Q: What is the Middle Pillar Ritual?

The Middle Pillar Ritual is a spiritual practice in the Western esoteric tradition, particularly in the field of Hermetic Qabala. The Middle Pillar is a central concept in Qabala and represents the balance and harmony between the different aspects of the self and the universe.

The Middle Pillar Ritual is a meditative and visualization exercise designed to activate and balance the energies of the Middle Pillar, which is said to consist of three spheres or Sephiroth on the Qabala Tree of Life: Kether, Tiphareth, and Yesod.

The ritual typically involves visualizing these spheres in the body, as well as various symbols, colors, and divine names associated with them, and imagining streams of light flowing between them. The ritual is said to help harmonize the body, mind, and spirit and to promote spiritual growth and development.

It's worth noting that the Middle Pillar Ritual is just one aspect of Qabala and that there are many other practices and techniques within this mystical tradition. Additionally, the interpretation and specifics of the ritual may vary between different esoteric schools and practitioners.

What percentage of the population believes in occultism?

It is difficult to estimate the exact percentage of the population that believes in the occult, as this can vary greatly depending on the region, culture, and personal beliefs of individuals. Additionally, beliefs in the occult and esoteric practices are often private and may not be publicly disclosed.

However, surveys and studies have suggested that a significant portion of the population has some level of interest or belief in the occult. For example, a survey conducted in the United States found that approximately 25% of respondents reported having had some type of paranormal experience or believing in supernatural phenomena, while another study in the United Kingdom found that almost 50% of respondents believed in at least one type of paranormal activity.

It's important to note that these figures are based on self-reported data and may not accurately reflect the beliefs of the entire population. Additionally, the definition of "occult" can vary widely and can include beliefs in astrology, magic, spiritualism, and other esoteric practices, so the percentage of people who specifically believe in the occult may be lower or higher depending on the specific definition used.

akenu

Neophyte
Reaction score
Looks cool

It's not bad. I believe it could replace another person to talk to regarding occult topics. Just take it with a grain of salt as it is fallible (just like humans are).

As an example:

Q: What are the steps of the middle pillar ritual?

The Middle Pillar ritual is a meditation practice used in some Western esoteric traditions, and it typically involves the following steps:

1. Stand comfortably and take a few deep breaths to center yourself.
  2. Visualize a sphere of white light above your head. This is associated with the Sephirah Kether on the Tree of Life in Kabbalah. Point at the sphere with your index finger and say "Kether."
  3. Visualize a beam of light descending from the sphere down to your head, and then down through the center of your body to the base of your spine. This is associated with the Sephirah Tiphareth. While visualizing the light, say "Ateh" (meaning "Thou art" in Hebrew).
  4. Visualize a sphere of light at the base of your spine. This is associated with the Sephirah Malkuth. Point at the sphere and say "Malkuth."
  5. Visualize a beam of light ascending from the sphere up through the center of your body to the sphere above your head, passing through each of the Sephiroth on the Tree of Life in turn. As the light ascends, you can vibrate the name of each Sephirah associated with it, in order: "Ve Geburah," "Ve Gedulah," "Ve Tiferet," "Netzach," "Hod," "Yesod." (Note that the "Ve" in each of these names is pronounced like "veh" or "vay," and that the last name, "Yesod," is pronounced "yeh-sode.")
  6. When the beam of light reaches the sphere above your head, visualize it expanding to fill your entire body with light. You can also visualize the light expanding to fill the room or space around you.
  7. Take a few deep breaths and feel the energy of the light within and around you. When you are ready, you can finish the ritual by saying "Shalom" (meaning "peace" in Hebrew), or by visualizing the light contracting back into the sphere above your head.

That is obviously wrong on many levels :D

Reaction score
Awards
It seems to be more of a lightning flash, sacred chamber and middle pillar. combined. I might just try it.

akenu

Neophyte
Reaction score
It seems to be more of a lightning flash, sacred chamber and middle pillar. combined. I might just try it.

It also has something from the QCoL. Maybe that's just the future, getting AI to generate new rituals for us based on the knowledge of the previous generations. :cool:
Post automatically merged:

BTW, I did try to ask it about the Sacred Chamber and got quite an interesting analysis:

Q: Describe the Sacred Chamber Ritual

I'm sorry, but I am not aware of a widely known ritual called the "Sacred Chamber Ritual." Can you provide more context or information about the specific ritual you are referring to?

Q: Stand still and take few deep breaths.Visualize about 1ft wide orb of white light about 1 or 2 feet above your head. Point at the orb with your index finger and say: "Crown above my head, Kether". Visualize a ray of the white light descending through your body down to the core of Earth while guiding it with your index finger. Say: "Kingdom under my feet, Malkuth". Open your arms like you are welcoming someone and during opening your arms, visualize the ray of the light becoming thicker and thicker till it covers the whole room or space around you. During this say "Through the worlds". When you are finished, standing with your hands wide open, say "Back to the Adam Kadmon".

The ritual you have described is a variation of the Middle Pillar exercise, which is a meditation practice used in some Western esoteric traditions. It involves visualizing a column of white light descending from the crown of the head down to the base of the spine, and then back up to the crown of the head, while reciting certain names or phrases associated with the Sephiroth of the Tree of Life in Kabbalah. The version you have described focuses specifically on the top and bottom of the Tree of Life, and includes a visualization of the white light filling the space around the practitioner.

So it does understand the context in a sense.

Calicifer

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
My response will be off topic, because I just want to share my own views and experience on it.

I did not tried to use ChatGPT much. Several times when I tried, he returned mistake after mistake to me. There is also no way to inquire more information. Any correction quickly turns into ''talking with a wall'' sort of feeling. As you might suggest, I have innate hostility to an AI and for some reason, it just works poorly with me and questions I quiz it with.

However, I'm happy that people re-discover the wonder of Google. I was amazed back then when Google became a thing. ChatGPT gets a lot of hype for just copy-pasting information from the internet. It even has just as much self awareness as google when it posts two directly contradicting facts in a same conversation.

I hope that in the future, AI will enable many areas which at the moment are lacking. Chatbots, AI in video games. They all are terrible. However, I'm afraid that it will start generating art in a professional setting, even music, media and entertainment. There is already sea of crap in the world. The future of automatically generated terrible to painfully mediocre content is looking back at us from the abyss.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
i think several AI's have nice occult knowledge (ive tried several now) and its fun. they all write better english then google so its easier to read when you want to use an AI as translator, so thats a pro.

i think that when you use a pc like you use your kitchen tools, you can be happy with an AI like being happy with a food processor. you dont need to do all the work yourself anymore. the pro is it fast and it looks nice although i already could see the developers mind with one (not so neutral). the beauty for me with google was that it was like a library where you find lots of info and you combine it into something new for yourself. i like doing such things. for me an AI is going to the info desk and asking how instead of reading up and figuring it all out.

so if i need to fix my carburetor, yes then its nice the AI has all the info in one spot, but if i want to know what the spiritual meaning is of this broken carburetor, i rather have several answers from several directions with the sourcecode without the conclusion an AI has to give in order to form an answer. ( just like DOS will always be cooler then any other dresscode program they put over it ;) )

next step, get an AI and a 3d printer to have intercourse and see what happens. might be more occult then we think...