• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

UFONAUTS?

Chuja

Neophyte
Reaction score
Recently, I’ve been going down the rabbit hole of Alan Greenfield, and I was wondering what you guys thought on the subject of UFOs and people making contact with entities, whether that being physically or by psychic means

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Have you checked out CE-5? Seems right up your alley.

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
My opinion is that UFO's are interesting, whatever they are. Once you've discounted the obvious hoaxes/fakes/misunderstandings there's still enough actual stuff to ponder on.
As for people meeting UFO entities, I feel that this is actually the same thing as when people experience spirits, just they somehow prefer their spirits to look like spacemen.

So basically, I have no idea, but it's super interesting.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
An Aussie colleague told me once that 94% of all reported UFO's had been seen by Americans. (No, he didn't say where he got THAT info.)What to make of that is an open question. Where other peoples see ghoulies, ghosties, long-legged beasties, and things that go bump in the night, Yanks see technology? That UFO's are (mostly) secret Pentagon workings? That UFO-nauts are simply one more demographic of undocumented immigrant?

I'm not mocking (necessarily.) When I was a kid, my parents and I saw a UFO, fairly close and stationary in the sky. This was within a few miles of an SAC base of the Air Force, so I suspect the "aliens" might have been some clandestine project. But I have no info either way.

Ziran

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
I don't spend much time thinking on it. Someone I trust with a strong science background (phd in theoretical physics ) said that contact would have already happened if they existed.

This appears to be what he was referring to:

Havard University Astrophysics Data System
Journal: Royal Astronomical Society, Quarterly Journal, vol. 21, Sept. 1980, p. 267-281.
Extraterrestrial Intelligent Beings Do Not Exist - Frank J Tipler - PHD

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I don't spend much time thinking on it. Someone I trust with a strong science background (phd in theoretical physics ) said that contact would have already happened if they existed.

Journal: Royal Astronomical Society, Quarterly Journal, vol. 21, Sept. 1980, p. 267-281.

Have you read the Three Body Problem? A sci-fi trilogy which puts forth the idea that the reason we haven't heard from aliens is because any civilisation that puts its head above the parapet gets it shot off :)

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Have you read the Three Body Problem? A sci-fi trilogy which puts forth the idea that the reason we haven't heard from aliens is because any civilisation that puts its head above the parapet gets it shot off :)
Dark Forest, not its prequel

Ziran

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards

No. I don't read any fiction anymore. Or watch many movies. Everything feels so formulaic.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
When I point out etheric implants in friends and ask them to follow the energy line from the implant, they often find space craft - mostly alien, depending on the definition of alien.
Post automatically merged:

any civilisation that puts its head above the parapet gets it shot off

There is an account that in the early 1990s at a remote disputed border between China and Russia, the Russians became alarmed at a large Chinese force moving towards a base just on the Chinese side.

It is said that the Russians nuked the base.

And it turned out to be an alien base. The Chinese were concerned that the base was Russian and were coming to clean it out.

Since Earth humans obtained nuclear weapons, even immortal aliens keep their heads down

Last edited:

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards

Maybe we're beneath alien's interest, if not contempt. Seriously.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
When I point out etheric implants in friends and ask them to follow the energy line from the implant, they often find space craft - mostly alien, depending on the definition of alien.

There is an account that in the early 1990s at a remote disputed border between China and Russia, the Russians became alarmed at a large Chinese force moving towards a base just on the Chinese side.

It is said that the Russians nuked the base.

And it turned out to be an alien base. The Chinese were concerned that the base was Russian and were coming to clean it out.

Since Earth humans obtained nuclear weapons, even immortal aliens keep their heads down
Source? This smells like purest B.S. You're suggesting that a fair-sized nuke was touched off unbeknownst to the rest of the world? (When North Korea flubbed one back in the early 2000's, it was front page news everywhere.) Or that the rest of the world hushed it up because the Chinese TOLD them the facility destroyed was an alien one? (And how DOES one determine that fresh-nuked detritus is even alien? Determine quickly enough in order to allay Washington's fears about nuclear blasts taking place?) Oooooookay....

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Since US govt only ever tells the truth and always tells all the truth there is no doubt that nothing happened.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Since US govt only ever tells the truth and always tells all the truth there is no doubt that nothing happened.
Heck, you think China is going to wink at a Russian nuke detonated in its territory? Especially one that the Chinese apparently did not know is "alien." Meantime the country with most interest in Sino-Russian relations in the matter ignored it because...because why? Because the Chinese told them "it was space aliens"?

Ok, Roma. Enjoy playing mental Calvinball. You're the star.

Heck, you think China is going to wink at a Russian nuke detonated in its territory? Especially one that the Chinese apparently did not know is "alien." Meantime the country with most interest in Sino-Russian relations in the matter ignored it because...because why? Because the Chinese told them "it was space aliens"?

Ok, Roma. Enjoy playing mental Calvinball. You're the star.
Wait, wait, wait. Come to think on it, whilst I sojourned in New Mexico, I DID find me a gem-you-wine alien claw hand out in the desert. The crash site had been tampered with to look like a junked out '78 Ford Impala, but that claw hand was PROOF.

I showed it to the local sheriff there in Farmington and he (clearly a tool of the MIB) sniffed, "Shoot. Looks like a chicken foot to me." Sez I, "You know? It tasted like chicken too!" Go figger.

Moral of the story. Fentanyl is the second most powerful drug in those (increasingly) Benighted States. The wreck-raging worstest is facile wishful thinking.

Last edited:

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
To be fair, though, ol' Charles Fort was arguably insightful 100 years ago and more. He said UFO-nauts would have no need to hide. We'd be too busy denying what we saw for them to need much worry. Healthy scepticism can become a mania in its own wrong right.

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Surely as a magician, you yourself have mastered the Somebody Else's Problem field? :D

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Surely as a magician, you yourself have mastered the Somebody Else's Problem field? :D
A lot of inconvenient stuff gets ignored, from symptoms of incipient cancer to ballooning interest on the national debt. UFO's are maybe among these. Heck, out walking the dog on Sunday I heard hoofbeats by the river. It coulda been a zebra. But ere I turned round, I guessed horse. Here, gentle reader, your humble narrator lets you to finish the tale to your liking and preference as to what he next beheld...