• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Unintroduction

Everyone's got one.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
We are an opinionated bunch of people from several continents. There are many posts I disagree with, and I've no doubt that many disagree with things I've written. Freedom of Speech is not an issue here. However...

Our Gracious Forum Host wants a few things, a few simple things that anyone can do.

1. Do not post comments other than "thanks" in the book shares threads.
2. Keep your post titles informative and understandable as to their intended contents.
3. As much as possible, try to stick to the intended topic of each thread. Really, it's not hard to think before clicking the reply button: "Does this comment add something constructive to the discussion, or am I just showing off how clever and witty and above everyone else I think I am?"

Yes there are more rules, but these are a few you have had problems with. Nobody's perfect, but that's why warnings are given.

I have found some of your posts interesting. It would be nice if you showed up again in the future.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
1. Do not post comments other than "thanks" in the book shares threads.
Or "the link doesn't work anymore" :p

In seriousness though, there couldn't be a more "candy-ass" move than making an "unintroduction" thread. Anyone who's been here a while knows I allow all manner of discussions, even topics that I find personally insulting/outright incorrect. But in order to be of use to the most possible people, an open community needs to have rules and decorum - and it is the most basic of these that we implement here on WF.

Free and open does not have to mean chaotic and uncivillized.

Status
Not open for further replies.