• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Using an ankh as a ritual tool

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I'm interested in what non-standard tools people use!

Not especially exciting, but I use an ankh for anything that needs to come to life - sigils, servitors, talismans, sometimes spell materia

Egyptian-Ankh-Symbol_0.jpg

(being given the breath of life)

Gods gave ankhs to pharoahs as part of empowering them, so it's also a way of conferring authority

I've held it by the loop (also pictured above) to direct power in the Rose Cross Ritual, in place of the incense stick. The symbolism is on point but I've only done the Rose Cross a few times, so I don't know if it made a difference (either for better or worse)

I sometimes place it on top of vessels that are charging (eg, on top of a honey jar overnight).

I wouldn't use it for anything related to banishing, destruction, diminishing etc. - its a symbol of life, so I think that would backfire

What non-standard tools do you use?

(I know lots of you don't use tools at all, but for those who do)

Reaction score
Awards
Teacup and saucer gold leafed as pentacle and ritual cup. Tealights used became incense stick holders by jamming a large incense stick into the wax. Found bird feathers in place of the air dagger. Sticks found after natural storms became my wands.
Post automatically merged:

Found statues and gifted statues were symbols of saints, like st.mary and St Joseph, a statue found was going to be a spirit house.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I reckon I could make an ankh out of tinfoil if I lost access to my current one. Easy to shape, i'd need a few layers to compress it down firmly, but it would work. It wouldn't be that different from the ankh I have, just made out of a different metal.

Reaction score
Awards
Well, really could be painted wood if necessary. Props are symbols. However, Thoth carried a black and white tipped wand and an ankh. By using symbolic props invocations and Godforms, it can become a powerful ritual.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Censor with incense, red lamp, scales, hourglass, single rose, single lily, pine cone.
I would be keen to hear how you use them, to the extent you're comfortable sharing!

The lily and rose are familiar to me as symbols, from alchemy and the tarot, but not as ritual tools - I'm really interested

The scales I remember are a Quareia tool, if you're using them the same way

Is the hourglass a meditation timer, or more than that?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Ankh:

One time I was under ongoing astral attack. After 2 days I set up a dummy light body and attached the incoming energy flows to that and all was well.

A day later the people were still at it, so I put an ankh on each flow to direct their energies back to them. After two days the flows had largely collapsed.

Rowena

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I've got what started as an entirely ceremonial clothyard (45") rod that I started using as an alternative to wands & staves, but which has now become somewhat more practical as my 'ritual walking stick' with the addition of a large chunk of Victorian bronze-work for a grip.