• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Using Auditory Subliminal Messages To Get Someone To Do/Say Something? (I Was Successful Once, Seeking Help/Research Partner)

Someone's asking for help!

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards
Years ago I did a few experiments like this and I only got one positive result. I was always interested in fringe things like magic but this was my first "confirmation" that things like this were possible, it really made me believe, before then it was all just "hopeful thinking". Sadly the results were inconsistent (it didn't work any other time).

I lost the data from that old laptop so either way so I couldn't replicate it (I know the general process though), but that doesn't matter because the results were inconsistent anyways so I was definitely missing something. There could be a number of reasons why that result was positive, the tests were on varying people I know personally in different environments, where they were exposed to many different signals, sounds, etc that surrounded them (various different devices - phones, tv's, etc).

Any number of things could have thrown off the results or could be what caused that one successful result.

Un-coached or unprompted I was able to get someone to say a specific word that wouldn't even fit the context of the situation and they've never said it in a conversation before with me, all I did was play a recording from my phone (the subliminal), I was so excited when it worked, more excited than I've ever been in my entire life, but I could not replicate it afterwards so I was left frustrated and sad lol, I gave up a short while after, had to focus on my studies.

I am basically returning to this thing I was passionate about many years after.

Any help from someone who has also had success with something like this would be most appreciated.

Example:
1. What frequency to use for the subliminal (I used 16500hz in my old experiments)
2. What frequency to use for the music/tones that masks the subliminal (I'm thinking I should try using tones of a specific frequency now rather than music)
3. Whether to use isochronic beats and what frequency of the beat to use
4. Do you know of any forums, guide books
5. Can I have your personal experiment logs 😉 (I might as well be greedy lol)
Etc, etc, etc

We can even work on this together if you want.

Lets move on to my end goal (even though something like this on its own is amazing enough).

A lot of writings throughout history speak about sounds and "frequencies" as being related to various phenomenon and power. Maybe if one was able to precisely use knowledge about these things they could actually "induce ascension" or "induce enlightenment" (for example, unlock psychic abilities).

I've been reading a lot about "awakening your third eye" or "unlocking innate abilities", and I stumbled upon stuff like the Hemi-Sync Gateway Experience by the Monroe Institute.

The CIA even researched this in the 1980's, around the time when US intelligence agencies were interested in various forms of psychic research (I believe they still are, they just aren't releasing any reports on these things anymore).

I believe that the first step in achieving something like this is to successfully convince multiple people to do something via subliminal suggestion, something simple like buy you a specific food or snack. Something that isn't outside the scope of what they would do, but specific enough that you'd know that it was the subliminal that convinced them to do it.

The next step could be to get them to spontaneously say something that leaves them wondering - "why did I say that". That's when you'll know you perfected it.

Then from there you can utilize the knowledge you gained on what frequencies work in inducing those effects and then research further how to apply them to yourself for the desired effect.

I don't trust the idea of testing a subliminal on yourself because of two reasons:
1. The placebo effect - If you know the outcome you are trying to get you may influence yourself to do it
2. Innate mental resistance - You being aware that you are trying to use subliminal suggestion on yourself may result in your mind resisting passively so you get no result

This is why I tested them on other people and not myself, you have to account for personal bias

Once again any help is appreciated, and if you are interesting in this project and willing to work on it together, let me know.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
How can I help?

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards
How can I help?
Any help from someone who has also had success with something like this would be most appreciated.

Example:
1. What frequency to use for the subliminal (I used 16500hz in my old experiments)
2. What frequency to use for the music/tones that masks the subliminal (I'm thinking I should try using tones of a specific frequency now rather than music)
3. Whether to use isochronic beats and what frequency of the beat to use
4. Do you know of any forums, guide books
5. Can I have your personal experiment logs 😉 (I might as well be greedy lol)
Etc, etc, etc

We can even work on this together if you want.

Well I'm looking for help from someone who has had success with this before

I'm assuming someone else has tried their own methods and had their own minor successes, and we can compare notes and narrow down an optimal method

I can't be the only person on this forum who has done this (I hope)

If you've never had success with this, maybe you know of some repositories or guides on this, with specifics (like what frequencies to use)

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Oww yum, these things are fun. I was part of operation 'let's see what these nitwits can do and go to area 51'
7cc6351c31e2e4a38e35550277ed3f26ce-naruto.2x.w710.jpg

I just 'ran' along though, cause i was bored. But who knows, the military isnt the cleanest so there must be some trails left we can use 😎:coffee:

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
Years ago, I spent a long time on binaural/isochronic beats. I wasn't using it for subliminal stuff, but more for head change (ie, meditation, out of body experiences, lucid dreaming especially). And yanno, they do work sometimes, but it's so specialized to each person. A set of tones that might help me lucid dream would drive my wife nuts, and it was really hard to tell if it was self actualization (ie, placebo). I might have my tools and test kits somewhere. I'll have to look. It's probably on a backup drive because the last time I messed with it was 2008 or thereabouts.

I wasn't super impressed with the Monroe Institute/Hemi-sync. Maybe it's because it was too commercial. I never had a single thing by them work for me. As I said, tho, it's really needing to be specifically tailored to the individual.

I know one of the apps I was using in the beginning was SBaGen, but there's obvious drawbacks such as how old it is. Mostly I was mixing with nature sounds using Audacity for use overnight. I dunno about using it to basically control people. That's not really what binaural/iso beats do.

Subliminal perception is a completely different topic. I actually heard about it first reading a book by Dean Koontz (Night Chills). It fascinated me, so I did some research. I'm sure everyone's heard the test that was used in a movie theater to get people to buy more popcorn. The thing is, it doesn't work on everyone, and it's generally accepted it wouldn't push someone to do something they wouldn't normally do anyways. So how useful it is, I dunno. It's certainly used in marketing and advertising, and judging by the amount of money companies put into it, there must be something there.

What you're describing sounds more along the lines of hypnotism and similar. I'm a huge skeptic on this, personally.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
Incidentally, SBaGen is still online, at
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
. I'm sure it's not the best app to use anymore. Heck, most of the nature sounds apps for Apple devices have some sort of binaural beats now.

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards
I might have my tools and test kits somewhere. I'll have to look. It's probably on a backup drive because the last time I messed with it was 2008 or thereabouts.
It would be great if you could find those and upload it for me, thank you in advance
Incidentally, SBaGen is still online, at
. I'm sure it's not the best app to use anymore. Heck, most of the nature sounds apps for Apple devices have some sort of binaural beats now.
I'll download it and check it out, sometimes the older softwares are better, but I'm using a software called Sharm Studio right now which is designed for creating binaural beats, isochronic beats, tones at specific frequencies, etc, its made so that you can create your own "Audio Therapy Sessions"

If you want I can PM you a download, you may find use for it

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
What I really liked about SBaGen is that it's very configurable. The app itself doesn't come with a GUI, tho there used to be one out there. So it's typically used command line. The config files to create audio are created in a text editor and look like this:

# 7.83 earth resonance
# 8.30 pickup visual imagery of mental objects
# 8.00 past life regression
# 6.0 long term memory stimulation
# 6.3 accelerated learning and increased memory stimulation

-SE
-m ambient1.ogg

off: -
ts1: 111+7.83/20 122+8.30/35 mix/100
ts2: 100+8.0/35 150+6.0/10 mix/90
boxts3: 190+6.0/5 178+6.0/5 154+6.0/5 mix/80

00:00:00 off ->
00:00:30 ts1
00:20:00 ts1 ->
00:21:00 ts2
00:39:00 ts2 ->
00:40:00 boxts3
00:59:30 boxts3 ->
01:00:00 off

This is one of the custom ones I built, and I put the frequencies and supposed effect at the top of the file so I wouldn't forget. It looks like gibberish, but it's incredibly powerful, and it lets you mux in arbitrary audio files. In this case, I was using a 1 hour ambient track I created in Audacity from freely available clips. I think I was getting those from freesound.org.

The above creates an hour long file with the different tones mixed in with the ambient track.

Paste the above code into a file, eg ambient1.sbg. You can also grab it from here:

You can download the audio file (ambient1.ogg) from here:

I created that audio file myself, but it's made from free samples so I suppose it's public domain.

Download SBaGen, create or download the .sbg file and download the .ogg audio file. Open command prompt, and use sbagen.exe to create a .wav file:

.\sbagen.exe -Wo ambient1.wav ambient1.sbg

Only takes a minute to create the 1 hour long wav file on a modern PC. You can then take the .wav file and convert to mp3 or whatever else you want in Audacity or some other software.

I've actually used this one for an extended period of time. It seemed to have an effect.

The only real drawback to using sbagen to mux in a sound file is that you can't control how loud each track is (music vs binaural beats). If you want to get fancier, and really bury the beats into the audio track, you'd just comment out the -m ambient1.ogg line and create the .wav file without it. Then load the binaural .wav into something like Audacity where you can then mux in audio files and have a bit more control over balance. I saw a lot of research that suggested if the beats weren't at the forefront (thus having some other ambient, music or nature sound track), it worked better. YMMV.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
Hmm, weird, the ambient1.ogg file has already been deleted from file.io. Wtf.

Here's a link to ambient1.ogg on mega:

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards
What I really liked about SBaGen is that it's very configurable. The app itself doesn't come with a GUI, tho there used to be one out there. So it's typically used command line. The config files to create audio are created in a text editor and look like this:

This is one of the custom ones I built, and I put the frequencies and supposed effect at the top of the file so I wouldn't forget. It looks like gibberish, but it's incredibly powerful, and it lets you mux in arbitrary audio files. In this case, I was using a 1 hour ambient track I created in Audacity from freely available clips. I think I was getting those from freesound.org.

The above creates an hour long file with the different tones mixed in with the ambient track.

Paste the above code into a file, eg ambient1.sbg. You can also grab it from here:

You can download the audio file (ambient1.ogg) from here:

I created that audio file myself, but it's made from free samples so I suppose it's public domain.

Download SBaGen, create or download the .sbg file and download the .ogg audio file. Open command prompt, and use sbagen.exe to create a .wav file:

Only takes a minute to create the 1 hour long wav file on a modern PC. You can then take the .wav file and convert to mp3 or whatever else you want in Audacity or some other software.

I've actually used this one for an extended period of time. It seemed to have an effect.

The only real drawback to using sbagen to mux in a sound file is that you can't control how loud each track is (music vs binaural beats). If you want to get fancier, and really bury the beats into the audio track, you'd just comment out the -m ambient1.ogg line and create the .wav file without it. Then load the binaural .wav into something like Audacity where you can then mux in audio files and have a bit more control over balance. I saw a lot of research that suggested if the beats weren't at the forefront (thus having some other ambient, music or nature sound track), it worked better. YMMV.
What does 7.83 earth resonance mean?

What frequency is that?

Do you have some kind of book/guide on this?

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
7.83 means 7.83 Hz. I don't think there's much consensus out there for what each frequency does. This site has a decent list:
. I'm not sure what I used to get those frequencies specifically. A lot of reading. I think I have a text file somewhere. Looking for that still.

The main help file for sbagen is here:

It's complicated, I won't lie, but it's incredibly configurable so you can do just about anything, once you get over the initial learning curve.

So this line:

ts1: 111+7.83/20 122+8.30/35 mix/100

If I remember correctly, this means a 111 hz carrier tone with a 7.83 binaural beat at 20 for amplitude (loudness), a 122 hz carrier with a 8.30 hz binaural beat at 35 amplitude, and mix in the audio track at 100. We're basically creating variables here (named ts1), which can be referenced in the next section which defines at what time each of those labels/variables will play.

My config file is actually incorrect, because the amplitudes should equal 100 total (where here I have 20+35+100), so this can introduce audio clipping. I haven't actually heard clipping in this output. The idea behind the mixed in audio track being louder than the beats is to give your brain something else to concentrate on. The more you concentrate on binaural beats directly, the less they seem to accomplish, unless you're using it for entering a meditative state, in which case you probably WOULD want to concentrate on the beats themselves.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
What would maybe be interesting would be to create an audio track of commands (ie, "you will do BLAH" or "you will think BLAH") and mux that into binaural beats of the correct frequency so that the volume of the speaking is just below a volume that the listener would be focused on it. I wonder if that would give any interesting results. I think for volume levels you might want the spoken track the lowest volume, then the binaural beats, and then a covering track of ambient, music or nature sounds which is what the listener will actually focus the most on, letting the beats and spoken track basically slip into their brains unheeded.

Or not. It'd be an interesting experiment, tho I'm not sure of the ethics involve (if you care about such things).

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards
What would maybe be interesting would be to create an audio track of commands (ie, "you will do BLAH" or "you will think BLAH") and mux that into binaural beats of the correct frequency so that the volume of the speaking is just below a volume that the listener would be focused on it. I wonder if that would give any interesting results. I think for volume levels you might want the spoken track the lowest volume, then the binaural beats, and then a covering track of ambient, music or nature sounds which is what the listener will actually focus the most on, letting the beats and spoken track basically slip into their brains unheeded.

Or not. It'd be an interesting experiment
I keep seeing online that isochronic beats are more effective than binaural beats, so I'd like to focus more on that

Also I'm not sure, but I think binaural beats would require the person to use a headset/headphones to get the desired effect, so they would have to be aware of the experiment, which would make the results prone to placebo effect or their mind just passively resisting

tho I'm not sure of the ethics involve (if you care about such things).
I really don't tbh lol, I care about results more than ethics, and its not like I'm trying to create sleeper agents or slaves, my end goal is to use frequencies on myself to achieve some kind of "induced awakening". Though I am somewhat afraid of that because if something like this is possible, the sensory overload of what I experience afterwards may kill me or send me mad (its a risk worth taking)

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
In my experience, iso beats are not as effective. The primary difference between the 2 is for binaural beats you really need to be wearing earbuds or headphones (tho I suppose sitting in between 2 speakers with the volume cranked would do it too). Specifically, you need each ear to be hearing a slightly different frequency, and your brain makes up the difference to produce the binaural frequency you want.

Isochronic beats do not need earbuds or headphones. You can listen to them on regular speakers. The effect is supposed to be the same (the brain should still get the specific beat frequency you're looking for). There's a few problems with this in my experience.

There's almost always other ambient noise seeping in from something else (traffic, next-door neighbor kids screaming, air conditioner). These won't be an issue if you're wearing noise canceling ear buds (and if you are, using iso beats doesn't make as much sense). More importantly, the effect seems to just not be there. YMMV here as well. Some people claim to have luck, but more people seem to respond to real binaural beats. Whether that's because they work better, or the fact that ambient sounds are filtered out, I don't know for sure.

Brixgh

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
I agree with you, Incognitus, binaural is generally quite effective, afaik, your mind somehow needs to be used to binaural tones before using isochronic beats; and hence the latter requires more exp., to be effective we may say, and tbh, there is no any concrete data to support their superiority over binaural apart from denial of headphones requirements.

I've used Cool Edit Pro 2 . It offers a special effect named "brainwave synchronizer" where you may easily create binaural brainwaves. ( this is Adobe's software namely Audition 1 and 2, ( thereafter was named Cool Edit ) as regulators have asked Adobe the removal of BSynch. from its software and they have discontinued BS, mainly due to misuses ) It's quite effective though.

Military Neuroscience and Coming Age of Neurowarfare by Armin Krishnan and Crisis Counselling and Traumatic Events treatment planner, a book by Arthur e Jongsma may help those interested.

IMO, (I am writing that not as a kind of reply to anyone but for future readers; for those who do not know well what they are into really) before playing with yourself or anyone else's brainwave; to prevent any misfortune, deep knowledge is required. It may easily backfire, and create a mess which you won't like being a part of, if not done professionally, at least with somehow deeper knowledge. It is not as easy as you see in some movies; as long as -if- it's effective.

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
IMO, (I am writing that not as a kind of reply to anyone but for future readers; for those who do not know well what they are into really) before playing with yourself or anyone else's brainwave; to prevent any misfortune, deep knowledge is required. It may easily backfire, and create a mess which you won't like being a part of, if not done professionally, at least with somehow deeper knowledge. It is not as easy as you see in some movies; as long as -if- it's effective.

I'm in total agreement here. Now, realistically, I don't think you're going to blow up your brain or invite some evil entity in, but using the wrong beats can definitely cause anxiety and other negative reactions. There was one binaural mp3 I made that almost made my wife vomit. Certain tones can give people migraines quite easily. Remember, you don't want the binaural beats blaring at high volume. It's best hidden just underneath some other sounds.

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards
binaural is generally quite effective
Here's the thing though, you cannot accurately gauge the effectiveness of something like this, when you knowingly and willingly used it on yourself

I'm sure that you are aware of the placebo effect. If humans can passively induce the effect they expected from a drug when given the "placebo version" (fake/inert version) then that alone should show you how much self awareness can effect the results of a test

This is why in psychological experiments or drug tests a "placebo group" is tested using fake methods or fake drugs

There's no way to truly verify the results of something like this if it is being tested on a party that is aware of the tests

This is exactly why I'd rather opt for isochronic beats and test on those that are unaware

From there you can use your findings on yourself because then you will be completely sure you aren't just experiencing a placebo

There are a lot of people going around saying "X binaural beat reduced their anxiety" or "X subliminal helped them quit smoking"

But the truth is those outcomes were likely the result of a placebo effect

there is no any concrete data to support their superiority over binaural apart from denial of headphones requirements.
Well I was able to get a positive result without the use of binaural or isochronic beats, so if they aren't required to have minor success (though random and inconsistent), then it makes more sense to continue testing using the method that allows the subject to unknowingly take part in the experiment

The moment someone knows you are trying to induce something subliminally the results are null and void, its has to be a "blind study"

Brixgh

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
There are many other books and articles on marketing mainly on advertising and UX too, that verify -without the bias of placebo- the effectiveness of the subliminal messages with or w/o sound. You may also want to check them to make something better.
I wish you luck with your experiment btw

Incognitus

Lead Transcriber
Reaction score
Awards
The moment someone knows you are trying to induce something subliminally the results are null and void, its has to be a "blind study"
That's not really what a blind study is. Participants know they're in a study, and may even know they're in a study for a specific topic. The blind part is that some participants are not subjected to whatever is being tested (they are instead provided a placebo of some sort). The blind part of this is that the participants do not know if they're getting "the real thing" or a placebo. Double blind would means even the ones performing the tests don't readily know what the participant is getting.

Generally speaking it's frowned upon to run tests on unsuspecting people, especially ones that can result is real world side effects. Binaural CAN cause side effects, like I mentioned migraines, anxiety, etc. In people with certain brain or ear related conditions, repetitive noises like that can induce seizures (in much the same way certain flashing lights can).

People like isochronic beats because there is less requirements, but most people get nothing out of them.

Here's another thing to really dig into. Say you have someone listen to binaural beats and you TELL them it's to do something specifically (let's say, reduce anxiety). They listen, and they feel less anxious. What happened here? Did the beats work, or was it placebo because their brain already knew what the expected (or hoped for) outcome would be. However, even if it was placebo, does it matter? End result is the participant has less anxiety, so whether or not it was the power of suggestion or the binaural beats themselves, it "still worked". Maybe sometimes placebo isn't as important as we think it is, especially if it worked.

Brixgh

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
I'm in total agreement here. Now, realistically, I don't think you're going to blow up your brain or invite some evil entity in, but using the wrong beats can definitely cause anxiety and other negative reactions. There was one binaural mp3 I made that almost made my wife vomit. Certain tones can give people migraines quite easily. Remember, you don't want the binaural beats blaring at high volume. It's best hidden just underneath some other sounds.
yes, that what I meant too.. No occult whatsoever. :)