• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Using cheap indian incense

MageJohn183

Neophyte
Joined
Feb 18, 2024
Messages
19
Reaction score
27
I prefer to use frankincense when I want to do something serious in magic involving spirits, but normally I might just light a cheap incense cone or stick for my daily offerings. I simply say something like "This is ______ SCENTED incense" to let them know it's not the 'real' thing. I believe in being practical. This is what they are getting from me. They understand. You can still treat them right without going broke.
 
Joined
May 1, 2025
Messages
104
Reaction score
118
Awards
2
I think there are two different categories here. A PERSONAL offering, which should be expensive and express respect (for example, an offering of expensive alcohol in a ritual), and an offering where the main thing is, for example, a certain aroma. Like in cooking. It doesn’t matter what smells like vanilla — real vanilla beans or synthetic vanillin.
 

BushWhisperer

Neophyte
Joined
Aug 29, 2026
Messages
33
Reaction score
31
so I have a lot of cheap incense just laying so can use them like giving them as offerings or using in rituals evocation

Its best to understand that incense isn't what it seems and the "offering" idea has some validity, however there is more going on. The particular terpenes and other compounds used have medical and other effects that shift brain chemistry and biochemistry alike. I shall write a post about Frankincense and Myhrr as an example. As for cheap incense, its often not any good as there are usually chemicals in it so its impure. Big love
 
Top