• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Vampires exist

Everyone's got one.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I was on a residential professional development course that had 2 facilitators. At one stage we had broken up into discussion groups.

I noticed that one facilitator would sit near a very lively group and after a couple of minutes it would go silent. He would move near the next very lively group and that too would gradually go silent.

Eventually I worked out that he was drawing the emotional energy from the groups.

I also noticed that in group activities he promoted high intensity role playing.

Thus he was an emotional vampire - always looking for an emotional situation to provide life force to his rather passive energy body

Typically such people leave me feeling exhausted if I have to spend time with them
Post automatically merged:

That is actually the only thing our brains do, is interpret data.
I find it worth distinguishing mind thoughts from brain thoughts

Dreams are usually out of the body - hence the problem trying to remember them when the brain is re-engaged

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I saw something one night, on Jackson Ave, in New Orleans, that was 100% not human, though I could never put a name to it. In my mind though, the concept of vampire seems most fitting. It was awful btw. The worst five minutes of my life. Whatever it actually is, according to our mythologies, it was not us, it was more powerful than us, and was absolutely horrifying. Since that night, I have had no hesitation whatsoever in believing in traditional vampires.
Details? What was "off" about the individual/being? Not human or just a highly repellent human? What state of mind/emotion/spirit were you in BEFORE you encountered it? I haven't been to New Orleans in years, but after dark there I recall routinely seeing the lower end of the man's kinds spectrum in some abundance.

(Heck, in my younger days, after 48+ hours without sleep in a dicey part of the world, I almost shot a sawhorse in a street. I could have sworn it was a Dobermann about to attack.)

Amadan

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Details? What was "off" about the individual/being? Not human or just a highly repellent human? What state of mind/emotion/spirit were you in BEFORE you encountered it? I haven't been to New Orleans in years, but after dark there I recall routinely seeing the lower end of the man's kinds spectrum in some abundance.

(Heck, in my younger days, after 48+ hours without sleep in a dicey part of the world, I almost shot a sawhorse in a street. I could have sworn it was a Dobermann about to attack.)
I could feel it from a block away, this extremely negative feeling, physically, and a growing fear, both of which are uncommon for me. As I rounded a building that brought me into a direct line of sight with it, absolute panic hit me, as well as an overwhelming weakness, like I was about to drop. It looked like a Creole woman, mid 20s, wearing a red evening dress, sitting on the stairs to the apartment building I lived in. Rather, it was a large, very old home that had been divided into many small apartments, and the front stairs were always covered in homeless people, usually fighting. Extremely bad neighborhood, tons of violence and robberies, middle of the night. But that night there was only that thing and me. I lived there nearly a year and that's the only time I ever saw it empty on that block. So not only was she extremely out of place, but the way my body and mind reacted to looking at it was unlike anything I've ever experienced. I'm a large man, I've been in prison, at the time I had been a bouncer for nearly a decade, and am a boxer. What I was seeing and what I was feeling in no way correlated. It was fucked. After a moment I turned and actually ran as fast as I could back towards the cbd where I sat in a diner waiting till sunup. I was not on drugs, and can only assume I didn't have a mental episode because again, I've never had a moment like this before or since. Objectively I understand that it may be hard for others to believe or relate to, but as a first-hand experience it leaves zero doubt for me that that thing was absolutely not a human, my 'energy' or 'life force' was being sucked out of me, and that I was as close to death by predation as I've ever been. It fucks with me to this day. And for some reason, the concept of 'vampire' makes the most sense in my mind.

Rasputin_618

Neophyte
Reaction score
I could feel it from a block away, this extremely negative feeling, physically, and a growing fear, both of which are uncommon for me. As I rounded a building that brought me into a direct line of sight with it, absolute panic hit me, as well as an overwhelming weakness, like I was about to drop. It looked like a Creole woman, mid 20s, wearing a red evening dress, sitting on the stairs to the apartment building I lived in. Rather, it was a large, very old home that had been divided into many small apartments, and the front stairs were always covered in homeless people, usually fighting. Extremely bad neighborhood, tons of violence and robberies, middle of the night. But that night there was only that thing and me. I lived there nearly a year and that's the only time I ever saw it empty on that block. So not only was she extremely out of place, but the way my body and mind reacted to looking at it was unlike anything I've ever experienced. I'm a large man, I've been in prison, at the time I had been a bouncer for nearly a decade, and am a boxer. What I was seeing and what I was feeling in no way correlated. It was fucked. After a moment I turned and actually ran as fast as I could back towards the cbd where I sat in a diner waiting till sunup. I was not on drugs, and can only assume I didn't have a mental episode because again, I've never had a moment like this before or since. Objectively I understand that it may be hard for others to believe or relate to, but as a first-hand experience it leaves zero doubt for me that that thing was absolutely not a human, my 'energy' or 'life force' was being sucked out of me, and that I was as close to death by predation as I've ever been. It fucks with me to this day. And for some reason, the concept of 'vampire' makes the most sense in my mind.
That’s called a crack whore. Very scary indeed.

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
This vampire myth always seemed like it came from the times of plague to me. Sick people spreading more sickness, looking ghoulish. Then it got a bit romantic in 19th century with books Vampyre and Dracula. Nowadays they are all hot, undying, hundreds of years in age but can't get beyond high-school level drama for some reason. So much for wisdom coming with time.

I don't doubt people can draw energy from others though. We can even draw from heavens (heavenly qi is a thing) why shouldn't we be able to do so in other people?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I don't doubt people can draw energy from others though.
I was in a week-long development workshop. There were two facilitators. One session we broke into small groups for discussion. I noticed that one of the facilitators would sit a short distance away from an energetic group. After a few minutes the group would go completely silent.

Then that facilitator would move to another vociferous group and that would go completely silent.

That happened with 4 groups within a quarter of an hour

When I looked closely it seemed to me that he was feeding off the emotional energy.

One of the participants said to me that that facilitator was never out of his role, even in the bar afterwards.

My own observation was that he preferred to stir up difficult emotions

There is this real weird video.
What sort of Buddhist kills animals to demonstrate how powerful he is?

Vandheer

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
What sort of Buddhist kills animals to demonstrate how powerful he is
Just a fake if you ask me. Some comments say the monks used that energy to cure a person. Also the video description say this monk is sending energy to kill the bull instead drawing energy. Just a weird video all around.

If something like this is real it shatters my entire perception of the limits of magick I gotta admit.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
If something like this is real it shatters my entire perception of the limits of magick
The life force in animals and humans passes through several internal intelligences in its use.

The life force anchors in the heart and is distributed to various chakra entities - mostly nature spirits.

In the video it looks like the sacral chakra spirit was pulled out. That nature spirit operates the physical body and its elementals. Without that spirit coordinating the lesser spirits and elementals, the animal/human cannot balance. So the animal fell over

That is a wonderful demonstration of non-enlightenment

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
do real vampires eat garlic bagels?
My prejudice was garlic makes no difference but I thought I had better check.

So I re-entered the scene I recounted above and while the facilitator was absorbing all the emotional energy from a group, I put garlic between him and them, and his absorption reduced markedly

Reaction score
Awards
I've also noticed vampirism practitioners love the dark attire and atmosphere. It might be interesting to shed light on them.

That is, some targets are usually high or moderate energy as their targets. To lower their own negativity. Seasonal Affective Disorder victims get better with exposure to sunlight or by use of tanning beds. It makes me wonder if the stereotypical anti vampire methods might actually work.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I've also noticed vampirism practitioners love the dark attire and atmosphere. It might be interesting to shed light on them.
One theory is that sunlight erases/ messes etheric impressions, which is what is what a “vampire” is, an etheric parasitic entity. Also explains why they can’t cross running water.