• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] WF Discord Talks

Everyone's got one.

Catmayn

Neophyte
Reaction score
If you could record it and make it into a podcast i think that could be a lot of fun

Frater BIA

Neophyte
Reaction score
I feel like that would either be a very small group (cause, let's face it, there's not many "professionals"), or it would be a very large group (because everyone considers themselves "advanced"). How about just everyone regardless of level of experience?
When I do group work, it's like School. There's different levels of ability and knowledge in the room, but we all benefit from learning together. But instead of Geography class, it's magic...

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Why hasn't this happened yet?

There's quite a few people here that I wish to learn from, if they're up to it that is. The only thing that I can't do is teach as people will get annoyed with me I feel.. lol

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Someone needs to take the initiative

I have never used Discord, I am an old man. When this thread was created I made an account to see if (and how) this was going. At that time it seemed like a large group-chat. I'm still not sure if (and how..) this would work, but let's get the ball rolling.

Suggestion:
Sunday October 29th
6 PM GMT (London time..)
Topic: personal mantra's / (barbarous) words of power / conjurations / Enns

ryen

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Sorry for my absence with all of this everyone. Had a lot going these past months but I'm back at it! Please let me know how I can help!

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
i have put some feelers out and asked the spirits to show us a way to create a discord chatroom with all sort of toys. ( ive been to several). what im getting back as answer is: dont think of yourself as a teacher, cause it blocks the flow. the spirits will teach, they just need a framework and some people who can. it seems to me that vine and bune quite like creating such a thing, but i could be wrong.

as first step it is proposed to find a subject and let every body talk about their version/vision. similar to creating a topic actually. also it might be handy to not think further then 1 time talking, so the ones joining can be more in the now without worrying about the future aka outcome. so in essence they say: babysteps and if or when we as wf still like it then skull or any other can set up the tools needed to create the rest.

i also think, and skull prob agrees, that we should keep in mind that the chat is part of wf and not a separate entity. we are not splitting we are growing and evolving into something bigger

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Well. I suggested a topic and a date. Funny that this thread suddenly gets rediscovered now.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
the joy of having readers who are magickly inclined, lol. ;)

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I have never used Discord, I am an old man. When this thread was created I made an account to see if (and how) this was going. At that time it seemed like a large group-chat. I'm still not sure if (and how..) this would work, but let's get the ball rolling.

Suggestion:
Sunday October 29th
6 PM GMT (London time..)
Damn, I missed this too... gotta tag me man T_T

Also need to see a couple more people interested. Imagine we set up a discord channel and everything and no one shows up.

Sorry for my absence with all of this everyone. Had a lot going these past months but I'm back at it! Please let me know how I can help!
Wanna help rounding people up? Everything else is pretty easy to do (just gotta create a channel/stage on discord). We just need at least 4-5 people to commit to a date/time/topic.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I would have sent you a DM if anyone had responded 👍. Made that suggestion two weeks in advance to give the world some time to take a look.. well..
Had also sent @ryen a DM after he responded but for sone reason he's unable to reply.

Reaction score
Awards
I did respond a while back before my last apartment shit storm and was reading material on Qabalah, which was going to be my topic. As I was a tad (understatement) unprepared, I didn't set a timeframe. Seems few had interest in the topic however.
Post automatically merged:

Suggestion:
Sunday October 29th
6 PM GMT (London time..)
Sorry Yazata, completely missed this suggestion.

Also ... As I'm homeless and without internet aside from my phone, Winter may be the best season for me.

trey313

Visitor
Reaction score
Did anyone ever create a Discord server for this group? A little late to the party I know but I'm interested in joining if such a thing exists

Tiana Silvermoon

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I would be interested in chatting sometimes or joining to actual talks, but probably more like a listener :D
I'd join the server but the link expired, it seems
And spontaneous voice chats often work better than trying to set a date and topic, and maybe after a couple of those people will show more interest in something scheduled

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Looks like this an old thread. Did it ever go anywhere? As a newbie, I'd like to know. 😊

I'd be very interested in shamanism.
I'd like to hear about it, but am too busy and too ignorant to do much on my own.

Tiana Silvermoon

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Nevermind, found it :D
Dunno of I overlooked it in the thread, but let it be there in case of future confusions

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
have the link?
I would be interested in chatting sometimes or joining to actual talks, but probably more like a listener :D
And spontaneous voice chats often work better than trying to set a date and topic, and maybe after a couple of those people will show more interest in something scheduled
This is the only location for the official WF Discord server link, and has a permanent invite. Don't click any other Discord link, and report it if you find one.

I'd like to hear about it, but am too busy and too ignorant to do much on my own.
Then don't post here.

This will be a community-driven thing, and until someone PMs me with a topic and list of participants, nothing will ever happen.

Also, I am unsticking this thread as it's been over 2 years now, and jack shit has happened.