• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Discussion What are your favourite books that AREN'T available on WF?

Talk about a book(s)

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
(magic/occult books I mean)

What do you own that's only available in hardcopy, that you absolutely treasure, that you are not sorry at all to have spent money on?

And if you can say a bit about the book as well, and why you treasure it, that would be very valuable

(not expecting people to search WF to make sure it's not there btw! Just if as far as you know, it's not available as a PDF)

For me that would be:

Changeling by Aidan Wachter. It's a lot more like Six Ways than Weaving Fate. A tonne of different practices and ideas that you can work into any flavour of magical practice. I've posted a couple of excerpts to Tutorial so won't go on about it.

Rod and Ring by Samuel David. Series of initiations into Mesopotamian devotional practice, all very historically grounded* (and grounded generally. He is clear that going through them doesn't make you a priest/ess for example, because that's a public/civic role). I would say it's not worth it if you're just interested in Mesopotamian magic; there's some stuff that would interest you, but not enough to justify the $$ hardcover.

* hope you like vacuuming up circles of flour!

Tentatively Helios Unbound by Nick Farrell. I have not owned this very long so it hasn't passed the test of time yet, but I am very impressed with the rituals and processes in the book, many of which you can do without committing to the full process. All ceremonial magic, centred on the PGM but taking from broader sources, and shaped towards self-knowledge and self-development. Includes greco-egyptian solar-oriented versions of the QC/LRP/Supreme Pentagram.

I was going to say Tarot for Change by Jessica Dore, but I actually just found a PDF version of that, so I will upload it tomorrow. Similarly there are books I'm very happy to have in hardcopy, like Six Ways and Holy Heretics, but I'm interested in books that you cannot get PDFs of, rather than just ones where you like having the hardcopy

Please share your love for the books that can't be shared! Thank you!

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
The 1st thing that popped in my mind was Changeling.

I’ve read and watched countless reviews on that book and really want a copy of it but my budget just hasn’t allowed for it yet.

I’ve scoured the internet for even a bad manual scan of it and can’t find anything.

I’ll probably think of some other books later but Changeling immediately came to mind.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, it's worth the money, but "worth the money" isn't the same as "I can afford it", hey. You could try setting up a Google price alert in case there's a crash sale, you never know.

Is there something you do own (or don't own, but have read) that you think other people are missing out on?

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, it's worth the money, but "worth the money" isn't the same as "I can afford it", hey. You could try setting up a Google price alert in case there's a crash sale, you never know.

Is there something you do own (or don't own, but have read) that you think other people are missing out on?

A couple come to mind but I can't go too in depth why because one I worked from a while ago and one I just started using.

The Book of Abrasax by Michael Cecchetelli

There is a scan of this but it's AWFUL but I've had the physical copy for 8 years and it's an AWESOME Grimoire that is a practical system based on the PGM.

I believe 'The Adjuration of Metatron' in on here somewhere which is roughly equivalent to the LBRP if anyone wants to have a taste of what the rituals in the book are like.

Another interesting one is the 'Calling of the Sevenths to Induce Equilibrium' which is roughly equivalent to a Hexagram ritual that Invokes the Planets.

I would recommend this one to anybody who has an interest in the PGM but who wants a more let's say structured way of working with it.

The Science of Kabbalah by Lazare Lenain trans by Piers A Vaughn

I just started reading and using this one and as far as I know a digital version doesn't exist anywhere.

But it essentially covers just about anything you want to know about the Shem HaMephorash Angels including Tables that correspond to Hours and Days and Dates etc.

It also includes 3 Different versions of Seals/Sigils, Psalms, and various Offices and Powers for each Angel that you can use to create your own workings from.

I have been pairing it with Wellcome MS 3209 'The Divine Cabal' also attributed to Lazare Lenain for creating a ritual to initiate myself with the Shem.