• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What do you always have in stock?

ryen

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
What kinds of items do you always try to keep on hand? Maybe with an explanation of why would help others understand your why.

For me its:
  • White 7 day, glass-encased candles / White 4" household candles / White 8 hr tealight candles
    • Useful for just about any kind of work. Altars, petitions, works for others.
    • For offerings
  • Florida Water - IMO, best cleansing item tool.
  • Nag Champa incense - IMO, best/accessible space cleansing incense.
  • Herbs - Quick access to basic attributes
    • Mugwort
    • Wormwood
    • Patchouli
    • 5 Finger Grass (Cinquefoil)
    • Bay
    • Basil
    • Rosemary
    • Black Pepper
    • Rue
    • Star Anise
    • Hyssop
  • Trees pieces - Various species
  • Cigars - for offerings, cleansing space
  • Rum - for offerings
  • Jars - For items I need to randomly collect or for work.
  • Notepads - Left in different areas of my house where ideas and communications usually happen. Plus a travel one.
  • Matches - No lighters used here outside of using a bbq lighter for lighting items on fire to cleanse. The flash of phosphorus helps bring attention to your purpose;)
  • Paper towels - Wiping down FL water, cleaning random spills, my hands, edges of jars after pouring liquids.

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Frankincense and cedar incense sticks. Frankincense as the go to one for most occasions. Cedar was the first incense I ever bought and it's scent (even though it's assigned to Jupiter) still gets me in the right mood.

Also matches and not a lighter. In Dutch we call a match "Lucifer" because it brings light in the darkness.

Candles in most colors. I chop of chunks and make wicks with cotton thread (braiding it) and then melt and pour small candles when needed.

Reaction score
Awards
What kinds of items do you always try to keep on hand? Maybe with an explanation of why would help others understand your why.

For me its:
  • White 7 day, glass-encased candles / White 4" household candles / White 8 hr tealight candles
    • Useful for just about any kind of work. Altars, petitions, works for others.
    • For offerings
  • Florida Water - IMO, best cleansing item tool.
  • Nag Champa incense - IMO, best/accessible space cleansing incense.
  • Herbs - Quick access to basic attributes
    • Mugwort
    • Wormwood
    • Patchouli
    • 5 Finger Grass (Cinquefoil)
    • Bay
    • Basil
    • Rosemary
    • Black Pepper
    • Rue
    • Star Anise
    • Hyssop
  • Trees pieces - Various species
  • Cigars - for offerings, cleansing space
  • Rum - for offerings
  • Jars - For items I need to randomly collect or for work.
  • Notepads - Left in different areas of my house where ideas and communications usually happen. Plus a travel one.
  • Matches - No lighters used here outside of using a bbq lighter for lighting items on fire to cleanse. The flash of phosphorus helps bring attention to your purpose;)
  • Paper towels - Wiping down FL water, cleaning random spills, my hands, edges of jars after pouring liquids.
Candles mainly, in all colors I can lay my hands on (package thieves prevent me from securely getting shipments).
Incense, at least Patchouli, Frankincense and Sandalwood. Ive got nearly all or most of the incense corresponding to the Tree of Life for path workings.
Oils for candles.
Lighters.
A charged phone beside you during ritual.
Food and water in case of an emergency, one less thing to worry about.
A Bible - I do a lot of Psalms rituals and candle rituals using psalms.
Pens and paper.
Hemp (Sativa) for easy induced trance.
Snacks for myself and offerings.
Rosary, bead necklace for mantra work.
Elemental weapons as they at one point will be built, painted and etched and consecrated.
Art supplies (see above).

At least what I have for now.

One thing I am engaged in now is gaining useful and profitable skills, and to build a basic pantry and buyout bag.
Id love it if I had a home, and would probably have invested in building a bunker.
Here is a post I made, not magical really at all, but it might save lives...

Last edited:

Lazarus

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Well, my books are always on hand. Otherwise as materials go, I don’t really keep anything in stock. I need a thing, I get a thing. I use a thing until it’s gone. Repeat as needed.

I guess that’s my attitude because when I first started out, I stocked up on all the accoutrements I thought I’d need. Took years to use it all and taking up space in the meantime. My magic reflected that. Cleared out all the old stale spacewasters and went minimal. Magic got far more fresh and focused. Less IS more. ¯\(ツ)

ryen

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Well, my books are always on hand. Otherwise as materials go, I don’t really keep anything in stock. I need a thing, I get a thing. I use a thing until it’s gone. Repeat as needed.

I guess that’s my attitude because when I first started out, I stocked up on all the accoutrements I thought I’d need. Took years to use it all and taking up space in the meantime. My magic reflected that. Cleared out all the old stale spacewasters and went minimal. Magic got far more fresh and focused. Less IS more. ¯\(ツ)
I like that way of thinking about it. I’m always torn between being stocked up bc of having to do work for someone and forgot I ran out of x ingredient, now the work is blocked till I replace it (or I find an alternative which isn’t ideal in some cases) and Materials Acquisition Syndrome where I go into some shop, see something I think I‘ll use or like and now it potentially sits forever.

Lazarus

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I like that way of thinking about it. I’m always torn between being stocked up bc of having to do work for someone and forgot I ran out of x ingredient, now the work is blocked till I replace it (or I find an alternative which isn’t ideal in some cases) and Materials Acquisition Syndrome where I go into some shop, see something I think I‘ll use or like and now it potentially sits forever.
The struggle is real. It wasn’t easy at first. I felt “bare”, but over time it actually started to feel liberating and empowering. Now, the whole planet is my cupboard. It’s just a matter of getting it.

Also, (not that you asked for my advice) but if you’re doing something for other people, you could task them with acquiring the list of ingredients. Less hassle for you and puts their energy/efforts into the operation.

Reaction score
Awards
Yep, seeing my quoted text above, Im out of certain ingredients due to income non flows during critical times, so couldn't get my business up and running.

I did produce a few types with my first bottle of oil, but need to experiment with non olive oil for some things, like rose water or rose oil, which, none, I see I need roses (a lot of dozens) or dried rose buds, neither stocked. So oil and roses both needed.

So, there are certain herbs and spices I have, including a tamarind root for Hoodoo uses, but may start oiling candles and rolling in wakened herb spice mixtures for certain uses, at least expanding my knowledge on doing such things invoking herbs, spices, oils and incense.

Candles ... I now have a Krispy Kreme 12 pack box full of used wax and incense, that I want to recycle. Filing/shaving the incenses left might yield an interesting mixture. I recycle tealight tins for Jupiter related talismans, candle holders with putty -- be careful to quench it before the putty as putty can be flammable. Fire safety, safety first, always.

Point is, you can think you're well stocked and suddenly be frozen because you dont know how to count inventory. Damn, lol, I should've been earnest about learning related videos at work, might help me out even though I have zero desire to be a manager.

ryen

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Last year I did what software engineers do sometimes and decided to over-engineer a web app for this very thing lol. Haven’t finished it though. Essentially its an inventory tracker with a recipe system. Idea was that whenever I needed to make something, I can go the app, select the recipe and it would tell me if I could make it or not, how many of them if so, etc. You can even add a URL with a link on where to purchase if you’re out for easy access. I got the database side done, and like 80% of the API. But I haven’t touched any UI stuff yet as thats not really my strong point anymore. Maybe I should clean up the repo and make it public in case anyone here wants to take a stab at it.

I should add that I’m sure theres projects that do something similar. I just never found one catered towards the kinds of recipes we use and the wide range of varieties.

Lazarus

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Lol I was going to ask you what you used for the database but didn’t want to derail the thread. Then I looked up and saw it’s your thread anyway haha. So, what did you use to build the app??

Front end is my forte.

ryen

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I think its on topic right lol? We’re talking Wizard Inventory here ;).

Database is currently Postgres using NestJS as the backend framework (typescript and node pretty much). I have all the requests saved in a Postman project too. But! Since starting the project I’ve been working a lot with Go for services so I’ve been considering a rewrite for the API which is sorta why it’s been on standby. Seeing that there’s some interest in something like this I think that maybe keeping the stack as Postgres + Nest would be the most productive route as my time is limited rn for an api rewrite.

I’m gonna ponder on this a bit. I would like to this open source but it’s going to take a few steps to start a fresh repo as another user. This probably merits its own thread with more details and links once thats done.

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I have most common herbs found in everyone's kitchen, which is very convenient for me because the herbs that I use will never run out and easy to get. Haha

I'm thinking about getting seeds for most of the herbs that I need for rituals, spells but I can barely keep anything alive a part from three cactus, mother nature is very forgiving when it comes to those plants.