• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What happens when you die

Reaction score
Awards
I'm late to this Discussion but found it interesting enough to get me to abandon my Shyness and finally make a Post....

My Opinion on this pretty much aligns with the Traditional Golden Dawn/Thelemic purposes of High Magick and it's relation to the Tree of Life's Planetary Spheres or the Cosmological Maps Planetary Rings basically being a Map of You and everything that you are which is The Source Conciseness that has poured itself into the Manifestation of a Physical Universe and Is everything and Everyone.

So based on that View then 1 of 2 things happen when a person dies.

1) If one has competed the Great Work by Ascending through the 7 Spheres from Luna/Yesod through Saturn/Binah and Crossed the Abyss into Zodical Spheres/Chokmah and Source/Kether.... (that is to say made it past The Leviathan - which is depicted in art almost everywhere as the Ouroboros) then one has effectively built a Solid 2nd Solar/Astral Body that can exist after the 1st Death of the Physical Body and retain your Earthly experiences.

This 2nd 'Solar/Astral' Body can then decide to rejoin with the Source Consciousness either temporarily or permanently or can choose to return to the Physical realm or any other realm below the Abyss at Will.

If they choose to Reincarnate back into the Physical World they can also choose the Circumstances and Timing and whether or not they choose to retain memories of any previous lives or that they are in fact One with the Divine Source.

or

2) If one has not completed the Great Work then shortly after the 1st Physical Death, the 2nd Death will happen. The Etheric/Loose Astral body will begin to unravel as it passes through the Spheres from Luna/Yesod to Saturn/Binah and then the person will see the 'Bright Light or Tunnel Light' that many experience in Near Death experience or in the Final Stages of trying to Cross the Abyss.

That Bright Light Tunnel is the Leviathan/Dragon/Serpent. It will consume the person and then begin the process of Reincarnation into the Physical Realm. The Birth will happen in reverse order on the Tree of Life/Planetary Spheres as the New Etheric body is rebuilt from Binah/Saturn all the way back down to Yesod/Luna and then finally Manifesting at Malkuth as a New Physical Person with a New Ego.

This is a Reincarnation not by choice and creates the Amnesia where you can't remember that you were ever another person or that you are One with the Source Consciousness.

That is why the Ultimate Goal is Completing the Great Work to break that Cycle of the Leviathan continuously making you Reincarnate. It's an Infinite Loop that has to be broken to experience an 'Afterlife' that makes sense and is under ones control instead of being a Confusing and Scary Experience.

TLDR

There is no Heaven or Hell as most think of it based on Religions.

Only Continued Existence or Rebirth

The only thing that 'Dies' or ceases to exist is the Singular Physical Ego.

That's my Understanding of the Subject.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I'm late to this Discussion but found it interesting enough to get me to abandon my Shyness and finally make a Post....

My Opinion on this pretty much aligns with the Traditional Golden Dawn/Thelemic purposes of High Magick and it's relation to the Tree of Life's Planetary Spheres or the Cosmological Maps Planetary Rings basically being a Map of You and everything that you are which is The Source Conciseness that has poured itself into the Manifestation of a Physical Universe and Is everything and Everyone.

So based on that View then 1 of 2 things happen when a person dies.

1) If one has competed the Great Work by Ascending through the 7 Spheres from Luna/Yesod through Saturn/Binah and Crossed the Abyss into Zodical Spheres/Chokmah and Source/Kether.... (that is to say made it past The Leviathan - which is depicted in art almost everywhere as the Ouroboros) then one has effectively built a Solid 2nd Solar/Astral Body that can exist after the 1st Death of the Physical Body and retain your Earthly experiences.

This 2nd 'Solar/Astral' Body can then decide to rejoin with the Source Consciousness either temporarily or permanently or can choose to return to the Physical realm or any other realm below the Abyss at Will.

If they choose to Reincarnate back into the Physical World they can also choose the Circumstances and Timing and whether or not they choose to retain memories of any previous lives or that they are in fact One with the Divine Source.

or

2) If one has not completed the Great Work then shortly after the 1st Physical Death, the 2nd Death will happen. The Etheric/Loose Astral body will begin to unravel as it passes through the Spheres from Luna/Yesod to Saturn/Binah and then the person will see the 'Bright Light or Tunnel Light' that many experience in Near Death experience or in the Final Stages of trying to Cross the Abyss.

That Bright Light Tunnel is the Leviathan/Dragon/Serpent. It will consume the person and then begin the process of Reincarnation into the Physical Realm. The Birth will happen in reverse order on the Tree of Life/Planetary Spheres as the New Etheric body is rebuilt from Binah/Saturn all the way back down to Yesod/Luna and then finally Manifesting at Malkuth as a New Physical Person with a New Ego.

This is a Reincarnation not by choice and creates the Amnesia where you can't remember that you were ever another person or that you are One with the Source Consciousness.

That is why the Ultimate Goal is Completing the Great Work to break that Cycle of the Leviathan continuously making you Reincarnate. It's an Infinite Loop that has to be broken to experience an 'Afterlife' that makes sense and is under ones control instead of being a Confusing and Scary Experience.

TLDR

There is no Heaven or Hell as most think of it based on Religions.

Only Continued Existence or Rebirth

The only thing that 'Dies' or ceases to exist is the Singular Physical Ego.

That's my Understanding of the Subject.

Interesting stuff. I'd be lying if I said I ever personally seriously considered reincarnation... but there must be a reason the great work exists and is pursued by so many, huh? I should definitely look into it more.