Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!
What chaos magic showed me was how much wiggle room we possess as individuals, and for wiggle room read freedom to choose between arbitrary spiritual frameworks. Before I discovered this principle, I felt hemmed in by all sorts of strictures, the System, the Man, organised religion, government rules and regulations, fusty societal norms, etc. Somehow I always suspected that it was all in my head but was unable to extricate myself from that Me vs. Them mentality until I read Liber Null & Psychonaut by Peter J. Carroll. Suddenly nothing was as set in stone as it seemed, and every ideology and religion was mine to adopt and discard at random as I saw fit, without any Ultimate Truth in sight. Lots of people feel disoriented by such anarchic doctrines but for me, it was extremely liberating.
Magic for me means constructing a provisional pocket of order within a completely chaotic universe where no gods, supernatural planes, realms or whatnot exist - unless I want them to. Since my chaos magic epiphany, I've found that not all belief systems have been created equal but my personal preferences and dislikes in this regard don't change the fact that I'm free to subscribe to any faith or ideology as I please and that there's no authority whatsoever which has absolute power over me.
you should use "reply" if you were talking to @HoldAll, otherwise it may not be obvious who you are replying to. Plus he literally told you 'why' in his post.
Could you please explain more? I mean I get what you're saying. But isn't body language analogous/reflective/subcomponent of the aura as well? What's your process of looking and analysing an individual's aura?
What chaos magic showed me was how much wiggle room we possess as individuals, and for wiggle room read freedom to choose between arbitrary spiritual frameworks. Before I discovered this principle, I felt hemmed in by all sorts of strictures, the System, the Man, organised religion, government rules and regulations, fusty societal norms, etc. Somehow I always suspected that it was all in my head but was unable to extricate myself from that Me vs. Them mentality until I read Liber Null & Psychonaut by Peter J. Carroll. Suddenly nothing was as set in stone as it seemed, and every ideology and religion was mine to adopt and discard at random as I saw fit, without any Ultimate Truth in sight. Lots of people feel disoriented by such anarchic doctrines but for me, it was extremely liberating.
Magic for me means constructing a provisional pocket of order within a completely chaotic universe where no gods, supernatural planes, realms or whatnot exist - unless I want them to. Since my chaos magic epiphany, I've found that not all belief systems have been created equal but my personal preferences and dislikes in this regard don't change the fact that I'm free to subscribe to any faith or ideology as I please and that there's no authority whatsoever which has absolute power over me.
Totally agree with you, the moment I realized (and thus decided) that I was the creator of my matrix, every limiting belief/knowledge imposed onto me just required a nudge from my conscience to exist or not exist, breathe or to die off, I became truly mine and my world/universe became what it truly was/is, a conscious making of my own limitless creation and sovereign creativity.
Perspective creates change. An individual on the path of individuation slowly finds out that he is the observer of everything - The All.
And I'd both agree and argue with you about "everything looks the same; but you think about it entirely differently. Yes, because inherently a true initiate "before enlightenment, chops wood, carries water" and "after enlightenment, chops wood, carries water."
So even though inherently everything looks the same, but the fact that he has changed (realized/actualized), produces a divine thinking, a divine creativity to look (think and observe) at the water, the wood, the carrying, the chopping, the enlightenment, the connection of them all, in a whole new light.
The true initiate still keeps on chopping wood, carrying water in a new fashion but also in the same old way altogether.
Breaking polarities and making them one, yet again.
I know it sounds a bit new age like, but to look within and feel self empowered, and that things are not as they seem, in many ways the reality is veiled.
I know it sounds a bit new age like, but to look within and feel self empowered, and that things are not as they seem, in many ways the reality is veiled.
all of us are fools with gigantic egos without any knowledge of the real workings of this universe but many believe they figured it out while very few would be humble to say they don't know.
Reminds me of the veil of Isis : "I am all that has been and is and shall be; and no mortal has ever lifted my veil." While Nature may appear to us a certain way, behind the veil it may be different. To touch a bit on the initial question, another thing I have learned through occult insight, is that as humans we tend to have a limited understanding of what the universe or reality is (microcosm), even from a scientific perspective this is something we all acknowledge, we have so much more to discover, lets keep exploring.
Could you please explain more? I mean I get what you're saying. But isn't body language analogous/reflective/subcomponent of the aura as well? What's your process of looking and analysing an individual's aura?
body language is just a physical indicator of aura stuff. It can also differ by culture, and it's easier to project because if you're acting a certain way in a certain situation and you see someone act the same way you will assume they feel like you would in that situation.
many people experience emotions but don't physically indicate them though, as well. I guess I can't necessarily tap into everyone's aura either but it seems to give extra indicators (not sure why some people are easier to see than others -- maybe they're just "more open" to me?). I've only been messing with it the last month or two but a fun one is seeing how "fast" the torpid bubble moves from the root chakra back out top, and back down on the outside. It seems to indicate how much awareness a person has -- people who are anxious or angry or thinking about something a lot like worry (directed outwards though, to the current moment), will have theirs move fast. Nervous people also -- like before a novel event, meeting. when someone is in a rush. This can't be detected from their body language though, but the aura will indicate it and the people react more "on" in that moment, instead of dazed or out of it like someone off in thought / day dreaming, or on their phone, where they react very slowly to stimulus. It's like being able to tell how "on" and amped and aware someone is in any moment. This was one of the latest indicators I found.
I'm working on clairsenses for it, so just overlay over the reality world (though you still have to be in a somewhat meditative state and click your brain into "looking" at it deliberately, at least for me right now. I can also get tired doing it sometimes especially in crowds and I'm not sure why). I don't know I just kept practicing it. I also read a bunch of book on auras / chakras but they're frustrating to me and I found out later somewhat inaccurate, but still was a starting place. It gets easier the more you do it.
I was an empath beforehand and with that I would "feel" what others felt but it was very difficult to distinguish if it was me or them, which led me to speccing out into indicators for body language, but not all people display their emotions with body language so it was still confusing in some instances. With aura vision I can just see the emotion rolling off them like a color with a specific texture / density... And it gets less confusing if it's me or someone else, because I can see it floating around the originating person now. I can also see my state the same way, instead of checking what my posture is or if I have any physical tension, pulls, and itemizing all my thoughts, and my opinions about every object to tell my emotions, I can just look at my aura and it's like a better moodring. For example, I could never tell before if I was stressed out, like zero indicator at all and this led to issues where I could push myself too hard and not know it until I was sick or getting fat because my cortisol was always so high but I could never feel it. Turns out a stressed person though looks black, and their aura closes in on itself really tight like a hard rock. Minimal stress though, like say the loud engine noise of a truck, again turns it black but it's like the aura vibrates wildly, chaotically, too -- "irritation" -- as the low-bass sounds hit the person and make them react (if they're reactable to such noises, in their "head" or psychology I guess. Aome people are not bothered by specific noises, others are bothered by other noises or things). This aura indicator happens way before the person is self-aware, happens with zero body-language... It could be a literal subconscious drone for them and it will show. You just end up knowing how they react to stuff better than they may be aware of, and I guess it can be sort of funny, seeming psychic.
One girl I ran into a while ago, every time she would touch a topic she hadn't processed her feelings about (she was big on therapy, soemthing about trauma, I don't know), I would see the outside of her aura shimmer. Every time it did that, I would tell her. It blew her mind. Not sure how useful that was other than being a party trick though -- it seemed to only happen with her.
That most people will never consciously experience the astral realm and how this is purposefully done by the powers that be, while certain initiates of a certain grade or class actively work in these planes.. just as commonly as you go home and meditate on your favorite sitting area to your favorite music and incense.
Also that most people will never truly experience what its lke to really summon and bind a spirit/demon/djinn and just how many different types and classes of these non physical beings there are in the world... and how different they can be.