• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book – PDF What is Surrealism? Selected writings of André Breton

Share a PDF of a book.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xingtian

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Not an occult book
André Breton (1896-1966) was the founder and major theorist of the surrealist movement, one of the most vital currents of modern poetry and revolutionary thought. This compilation of Breton's writings gives a compact survey of his views and the perspectives of international surrealism as they have developed through more than half a century, and as they serve to guide the groups and individuals who, in dozens of countries, have taken up the surrealist cause. About half of the selections are published here in English for the first time; others are reprinted from scarce, out-of-print periodicals.

The editor, Franklin Rosemont, also provides a lengthy introduction outlining Breton’s life and the history and principles of the surrealist movement.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
You can't just post any old book you like here. Familiarize yourself with the meaning of the expression "off-topic". Probation beckons.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
This is a very on topic book
I won't enter into a discussion with you, which isn't allowed in this subforum anyway. It's not an occult book by any stretch of the imagination, no matter how significant it may be for your personal development.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
@Xingtian et al, this one may be mostly my fault, as I may have given unclear instructions to staff vs what I've actually added to the rules threads.

While I will side with @HoldAll on his judgement that this book is not to be classified as an occult book, there still is no official rule item in the rules thread of this section actively prohibiting non-occult book shares.

This matter has been the subject of ongoing discussion in the staff section for some time now, however the discussion went stale while right after I expressed that I was thinking of adding a rule officially to no longer allow non-occult book shares, which could have been construed as non-occult books being prohibited.

However, I never actually made up my mind and added this rule. For now, I will remove the warning, but will keep the thread locked while I ruminate on whether or not to allow non-occult books in the book shares section.

Thank you all for understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.