• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What is the relationship between Humans and Spirits?

Nana

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
This forum is clearly geared towards magic usage and that's admirable, but every magician and priest find themselves crossing paths with the ephemeral world. It has many names and many ideas on how one should relate to it and why.
For myself I chose Vodou because it deals with the how's and why's with a historical lens on both sides of the Veil and sets up the context for current and future interactions; innovation supported by precedence.
What do you believe the relationship between humanity and the spirits are?
What philosophical or moral compass guide your behaviors?
And how did your philosophical/moral framework measure against the reality of the spiritual world?
What, if any, innovations did your interactions with the spirit world inspire?

Nana

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I don't think I need any meassures against it. We're not fighting. We're neighbours.
Allow me to rephrase; Most people have a preconception of the spiritual world before they consciously and intentionally interact with it. Did the reality of the spiritual world match your expectations? In what ways were they the same and in what ways were they different?

Nana

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
If so, the human, having learned inner balance and wisdom, extends that influence into the rest of Existence, guiding the progress of other kingdoms with their myriad species.

What then for humans that want to change the world to suit their personality desires?
Like constitutional rights, that influence ends at the tip of the nose of the nearest spiritually balanced neighbor, human or otherwise. There's a lot of otherwises.

Misty Mystic

Neophyte
Reaction score
Allow me to rephrase; Most people have a preconception of the spiritual world before they consciously and intentionally interact with it. Did the reality of the spiritual world match your expectations? In what ways were they the same and in what ways were they different?
I had no expectations at 4 years old. I was just exploring it