• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What is the single most important Occult Book or media you own?

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
If for some reason, the internet stopped working, and you had to relocate, and you could bring only one book with you, what would you bring?

Alternatively, let's say your memory was being erased, and your posessions taken away by aliens, but they are allowing you to keep one book! :ROFLMAO:

What would it be?

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
members of your community
LOL are you implying I'm a wiccan? Couldn't give less of a fuck about Gerald Gardner.
Simply saying "I have this and that" doesn't make it so, that's not how terms work, even if they are "modern".
All I'm doing here is making an observation.
You should've made a seperate thread already.. this one is getting derailed big time.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Well... obviously... it's not what I call it. The most you can maybe say is that it is what the members of your community would call it if my grimoire were theirs, and that's fine. I simply don't subscribe to that community's "official lexicon." "Book of Shadows" is something Gerald Gardner made up. I don't recognize his authority, no matter how many later non-Wiccans may have adopted his term. I have a grimoire and several journals.

What I have that is more akin to what you might call a "book of shadows" would be my journal where I keep observations, readings, things that need to be tweaked, things I am working on and such. My grimoire is only the more refined materials - things I will need to refer to later or that hold great significance to me. It is indexed and cross-referenced - a working manual and a consecrated tool.

Maybe I will start a General discussion. In doing a quick search, it seems to be something that has come up a lot. It's a matter I gave considerable thought to a long time ago, and pretty much forgot about over the years. "Grimoire" may sound a bit presumptuous, I admit, but it is not inaccurate.

By the way, with all the controversial views I hold, I would never have imagined this one would be the first to spark a debate here!

LOL are you implying I'm a wiccan? Couldn't give less of a fuck about Gerald Gardner.
Simply saying "I have this and that" doesn't make it so, that's not how terms work, even if they are "modern".
All I'm doing here is making an observation.
You should've made a seperate thread already.. this one is getting derailed big time.

Normally I wouldn't mind a convo going a bit off topic as it's natural in a discussion. However, this is a Q&A thread so let's stick to answers to the OP only guys.

Feel free to continue in another thread or in PMs

Caduceus

Neophyte
Reaction score
While I have various physical tomes, I am going to go and say: MY SMARTPHONE.

it can access files and connect with others pretty easily.

If I were to say one that started it all: The bible and maybe to a lesser extent a tome on greek mythology.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards

If I were to say one that started it all: The bible and maybe to a lesser extent a tome on greek mythology.
The point of the thread was for you not to say your smartphone

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards

Tbh, I think we'd all pick our phones. XD

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Lol what kind of question is this! :ROFLMAO: I literally cannot answer this. I'll put down one book but then get mad because I can't bring it's companion book or even a commentary! Ok, so erase that one and then put down this one. NOPE! Now I'm mad again because I remembered this book is referenced by like 12 other books and I'll probably want to read all of them! Can I just bring my phone? Lol.

Alfher

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
The Complete Book of Self-Healing, by Dr. Stephen T. Chang.

I have my grimoire pretty much memorized, so might as well bring a book I reference often and has many physical healing techniques. :)

Lyssia

Apprentice
Reaction score
A blank book. If I could only bring one book, it would be a totally fresh blank book. 'Cause let's face it, if I'm in that situation, I'm starting all over no matter what and if I can't remember it, it probably wasn't that important. And if my memory was wiped, I'd just as soon have the fun of discovering it and writing it down all over again!

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I don't actually own any physical copies.. however, of the one's that I would like to have in my possession and probably the one that intrigues me the most, would likely be Picatrix. That is, at this moment.
Hi mart i have an english download of the picatrix. No clue how to share, but if you're interesred pm me.

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Hi mart i have an english download of the picatrix. No clue how to share, but if you're interesred pm me.
Thanks, but I do have it in PDF format myself :) I wonder if the versions differ at all though.. My version is translated by John Michael Greer & Christopher Warnock.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Ow i forgot to answer the topics question. Id love to have the complete berhatiah at home. Almost got it and then life interfered..

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
The one book I would take with me and read a thousand times over. is Star Magic by Jerry Sargent. Unfortunately, I lend it to somebody and they just kept it and never returned it back. I was very furious, and that was a great and amazing book. People need to get that. I might buy it again along with the author's first book which explains about his experiences. Unfortunately, I don't know the title of that one.

Jackson

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Although I haven't taken the time to engage it yet, given real world concerns, I am confident one of Robert Bruce's energy work books could produce Astral projection.

Reaction score
Awards
Candle Burning Magick now in physical possession. Or Book of Spirit Communications. Or Complete Guide to the Rider Waite Tarot.