• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What to materials to use to draw on floors

Lu_CiD

480 Blessed be Our Queen of Night!
Benefactor
Joined
Aug 13, 2025
Messages
162
Reaction score
191
Awards
2
Hi
I've run into issues while drawing circles on my hardwood floor without damaging it. I've tried using the following with little or no luck
Chalk - didn't show up well
White shading pencils- didn't show up at all

The only thing that's worked so far is painters tape and marker onto that.
Anyone have any better recommendations I would greatly appreciate it.
 

sahgwa

Zealot
Joined
Oct 20, 2025
Messages
178
Reaction score
277
Awards
3
I have never tried making physical lines, just astral lines and using my astral sight/projection/imagination, and holding them in my minds eye.
If I was going to make physical lines, something I could put out and away easily would be the best. I would get a sheet and make paint or ink markings on it.
 

Lu_CiD

480 Blessed be Our Queen of Night!
Benefactor
Joined
Aug 13, 2025
Messages
162
Reaction score
191
Awards
2
I have never tried making physical lines, just astral lines and using my astral sight/projection/imagination, and holding them in my minds eye.
If I was going to make physical lines, something I could put out and away easily would be the best. I would get a sheet and make paint or ink markings on it.
thats a good idea. maybe even a rug or canvas
 

Mycelial_Adept

Apprentice
Joined
May 9, 2026
Messages
51
Reaction score
99
I have never tried making physical lines, just astral lines and using my astral sight/projection/imagination, and holding them in my minds eye.
If I was going to make physical lines, something I could put out and away easily would be the best. I would get a sheet and make paint or ink markings on it.
Same for me, I prefer to use energetic things, even with physical things you have to enchant them. the image with no power behind it does nothing.

I've seen people have custom embroidery done for a physical form of a circle etc. Tiles/paint etc.

If it cannot stay in one place, you'll need to make sure it is durable/easily moved.
 

Lu_CiD

480 Blessed be Our Queen of Night!
Benefactor
Joined
Aug 13, 2025
Messages
162
Reaction score
191
Awards
2
Same for me, I prefer to use energetic things, even with physical things you have to enchant them. the image with no power behind it does nothing.

I've seen people have custom embroidery done for a physical form of a circle etc. Tiles/paint etc.

If it cannot stay in one place, you'll need to make sure it is durable/easily moved.
I have a whole room right now but i will be moving soon so something physical and movable will definitely be the way to go for me.

it helps to have visual aids for me personally and most definitely consecrated.
 

sahgwa

Zealot
Joined
Oct 20, 2025
Messages
178
Reaction score
277
Awards
3
Same for me, I prefer to use energetic things, even with physical things you have to enchant them. the image with no power behind it does nothing.

I've seen people have custom embroidery done for a physical form of a circle etc. Tiles/paint etc.

If it cannot stay in one place, you'll need to make sure it is durable/easily moved.
Yep. I had to buy a patch for one of my 'uniform' hoods and they need to be broken in with consecration and or use. Eventually they will pick up your energy though.
 

Lu_CiD

480 Blessed be Our Queen of Night!
Benefactor
Joined
Aug 13, 2025
Messages
162
Reaction score
191
Awards
2
Yep. I had to buy a patch for one of my 'uniform' hoods and they need to be broken in with consecration and or use. Eventually they will pick up your energy though.
I need to purchase some good robes. I have set aside rituals clothing but its not ideal. bing on the tall side makes a good set of robes in totally natural fabric not cheap
 

sahgwa

Zealot
Joined
Oct 20, 2025
Messages
178
Reaction score
277
Awards
3
Warned: do not post links to shops. Read the rules.
I need to purchase some good robes. I have set aside rituals clothing but its not ideal. bing on the tall side makes a good set of robes in totally natural fabric not cheap
I reccommend this site when you have money set aside ! [Mod: removed shop link]

Not affiliated, it's just where I got my robes. They are very good quality.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Lu_CiD

480 Blessed be Our Queen of Night!
Benefactor
Joined
Aug 13, 2025
Messages
162
Reaction score
191
Awards
2
I reccommend this site when you have money set aside ! [Mod: removed shop link]

Not affiliated, it's just where I got my robes. They are very good quality.
oh nice thank you. 90 isnt bad at all for cotton robes. I'll be able to get those soon. tha k you so much!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Lu_CiD

480 Blessed be Our Queen of Night!
Benefactor
Joined
Aug 13, 2025
Messages
162
Reaction score
191
Awards
2
I read somewhere that some people use skipping ropes. You could dye it any colour you want and take your circle with you to another location.
that not a bad idea though if say a star was made out if it it seems like it would be kinda easy to mess up it trip on however just a circle by itself would be perfect. especially if outdoors or something
 

FireBorn

Disciple
Joined
Aug 14, 2025
Messages
535
Reaction score
1,866
Awards
9
You can get some masking paper from Sherwin Williams or Home Depot. They have larger sizes. Then tape it to the floor and then you can draw whatever you like. Keep it there as long as you want, or remove it. No damage to the wood floors.

They have construction paper you can put down as well. It will cost a bit more, but it is thicker than masking paper, and in wider rolls, and will last longer if that is something you want. Think of the kind of paper that is put down to protect floors while remodeling is happening.

Just a thought.
 
Joined
Jun 15, 2026
Messages
29
Reaction score
39
Are you just looking to cast a circle, or are you drawing other things too?

For a circle, I use plastic tubing filled with salt can be just laid down on the floor in the configuration of a circle. (I did this a lot when I was in apartments and obviously could not do any permanent markings). The tubing can then be rolled up and stored for later use, laid out in moonlight, for charging, etc etc.

Agree with HoldAll for the jump ropes and FireBorn for the construction paper/masking paper too. That's a handy trick when you need specific colors or symbols other than just a circle!
 

levi777

Apprentice
Joined
Sep 23, 2026
Messages
52
Reaction score
21
Hi
I've run into issues while drawing circles on my hardwood floor without damaging it. I've tried using the following with little or no luck
Chalk - didn't show up well
White shading pencils- didn't show up at all

The only thing that's worked so far is painters tape and marker onto that.
Anyone have any better recommendations I would greatly appreciate it.
That is easy question i think. The best (in my opinion) are black carbon (anthrax) or white flour!
 

L’chaimGoldberg

Apprentice
Joined
Mar 29, 2026
Messages
97
Reaction score
133
Awards
1
You could maybe use regular table salt on hardwood floors, it’s maybe not as ideal as rock salt or sea salt but it’s salt and it’s relatively inexpensive.
You might consider dry erase markers but I would test them on a small area before laying down an epic piece of work.

there are some good videos on YouTube about making “tau” robes, you can get 100% cotton fabric at craft stores, or 100% linen or silk online, remember though that silk is a real pain to sew because it wants to shift around on you all the time.
 

Ignotus

Apprentice
Joined
Jul 9, 2026
Messages
88
Reaction score
346
Awards
2
I'm not sure if you can get something similar in the US but in Germany we have something called Fettkreide (grease chalk/grease crayon?). It works pretty well for drawing on the floor and also wipes off pretty easily afterwards
51whRh+D3AL.jpg
 

yoelnico

Neophyte
Joined
Jan 6, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
4
Hi
I've run into issues while drawing circles on my hardwood floor without damaging it. I've tried using the following with little or no luck
Chalk - didn't show up well
White shading pencils- didn't show up at all

The only thing that's worked so far is painters tape and marker onto that.
Anyone have any better recommendations I would greatly appreciate it.

Chalk, or tape. Chalk is really good if you're careful and perceptive enough
 

r4zorenigma

Zealot
Joined
Sep 10, 2026
Messages
148
Reaction score
132
Awards
2
Polyester mats/rugs work well.. You can pre print designs on them or You can have the elements necessary painted on using stencils or hand drawn. I used to use paint markers when traveling and utilizing the small spaces that I was renting for such purposes of creating a temporary temple.

Remember that whatever you use does not have much power without consecrating and charging the circle..
 
Top