• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What you think about Marilyn Manson?

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
He's a Christian or something....likely the new age type

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah! I saw a video and heard a new song called God's gonna cut you down. It was quite different than his old stuff. But I like it.

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
He's a Christian or something....likely the new age type
If Marilyn Fuckin’ Manson himself, the guy every Christian granny fears their child is listening to, is himself a Christian…..I’m gonna fucking die

Frater Dag

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Marilyn Manson was made a priest in The Church of Satan by Anton LaVey. LaVey and Rice have talked about Manson's involvement in the CoS. I read an interview Manson did many years ago where he did a tarot reading with the interviewer and he talked about his occult practice and beliefs.

While I think he is a despicable person, I do think he was a genuine practitioner at least at one point in his life.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I did not know that. Thank you for that information. Where can I find that interview? Many blessings!

Reaction score
He has made reference to Aleister Crowley's works in his music (Crowley was the furthest from a Satanist). LaVeyan Satanism is different from actual Satanism since it is "atheistic" and regards Satan as a symbol. Manson does not seem to be a (LaVeyan) Satanist anymore since I heard him say that he was interested in ghosts/spiritualism.
I believe he has worn some Freemason symbols, but not all Freemasons were Satanists.
I enjoy his music and style, but I dislike him as a person.