• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

What's everyone doing for Christmas?

Reaction score
Awards
I volunteered for Thanksgiving and Christmas, I think I will see if I can get it off instead and spend time with my folks, since they invited me (told me to come over), but I would get at least time and a half for working the holiday (I think its double actually, but that would seem way too much for a labor budget).
I do need to get presents this week and get them off, get paperwork faxed to the powers that be, and then ... not sure.

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I volunteered for Thanksgiving and Christmas, I think I will see if I can get it off instead and spend time with my folks, since they invited me (told me to come over), but I would get at least time and a half for working the holiday (I think its double actually, but that would seem way too much for a labor budget).
I do need to get presents this week and get them off, get paperwork faxed to the powers that be, and then ... not sure.
Bless you for volunteering!

I should do the same as well because my CV sucks, on top of that its pretty nice to offer your time to help others and I'm not doing much anyway.

Reaction score
Awards
Well, its a gas station job (Speedway), so they are barely staffed, so its possible I could, but I think Id rather spend time with family.
It's not bad to volunteer, Ive done a lot of free work for a friend to try to get his radio station online.

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Well, its a gas station job (Speedway), so they are barely staffed, so its possible I could, but I think Id rather spend time with family.
It's not bad to volunteer, Ive done a lot of free work for a friend to try to get his radio station online.
I get what you mean, i think anyone would rather sit at home during Christmas than working. I'm not sure what to do personally because I want to do some volunteering but staying at home is something I would rather do as well.

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
There is the chance of doing both, I could work first shift or second shift and still have Christmas time.
Well you still have time to think about what you want to do at least. The kind of volunteer work that i want to do, i think i would be expected to work day and night. I want to volunteer for the homeless or giving some company to the old folks.

Honestly they will be helping me more than i would be helping them.

Reaction score
Awards
There is a certain benefit in helping the homeless, did the for a short while after I was homeless, and before I got back into magick.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I'm probably going to spend time with family, do a little bit of gaming and then i might take a trip to the cemetery.
I'm doing a small ceremony for Lucifer and making a nice meal. And inviting a grumpy old friend that i know won't come 😊

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I'm doing a small ceremony for Lucifer and making a nice meal. And inviting a grumpy old friend that i know won't come 😊
Oh cool, I'm thinking about sort of doing the same if i go to that cemetery. Technically I'm just going there to make my presence known to any spirits that may be around, and then i will see if they would like to work with me.

What kind of meal you making?

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I'm spending it quiet it this year. All the kids are out of state, so it will be a very quiet Christmas.
That's either a great Christmas gift or lonely one hahaha
Post automatically merged:

Gonna spend time with my family, maybe smoke some weed that day instead of alcohol, gaming and fireworks.
You should check out Epic games as they give away free titles, mystery game is about to be released.

Reaction score
Awards
My folks fell, which was an event. After that we opened two presents apiece.
I still need to do some shopping for Christmas.

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards

I can't afford to buy any presents, hopefully next Christmas will be a lot different.