• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

whats is the best curse / hex?

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
often in a culture where warring is normal, the best curse is to send them healing love and care. accompanied with the Truth of course.
ive seen them crumble in front of my eyes.

Shaman

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
often in a culture where warring is normal, the best curse is to send them healing love and care. accompanied with the Truth of course.
ive seen them crumble in front of my eyes.
If you told me this advice in 2023, I would lash out at you. Nowadays I kinda support this ideology but I still have some time to go before I become "uwu love and light".

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
im not really into love and light. i mean spiritual warfare, where one forces someone to heal themselves or their world falls apart. thats why it needs to come from an higher Truth in ones self that justifies and creates an attack on their soul.

Reaction score
Awards
I was told a tale by soemone who is not Pentecostal but grew up with folk magic. A child protective services admin had quite an impressive array of bobblehead dolls .. except .. they contained souls, the souls of children in his care.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I know a satanic radio woman in California who has deformed dolls in her garden. Whats the point?

Reaction score
Awards
My point was was that in the story told to me, my friend kept hearing screams and cries when looking at the bobblehead dolls. For each kid placed in his CPS care, he imprisoned their souls into new bobblehead dolls.
Whether true or not, thats a fucked up curse.
I also knew of a woman who tended a garden, but it was after she would perform fellation on someone, dig a hole in her garden and spit the semen into the ground, cursing the man biblically.

Reaction score
So Ive been having some real troule with a coworker of mine, I wont go into detail but he disrespected me in front of half my coworkers (~100 people) and been causing me trouble with the higher-ups. Now revenge is very important in my culture but I dont want to go to jail nor loose my job. Give me your worst.
bind him to cease his disrespect towards you; maybe have him feel the burden of shame. also find a way to get your dignity back with your higher ups.

Earl Raum can take away and give dignities.

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
So Ive been having some real troule with a coworker of mine, I wont go into detail but he disrespected me in front of half my coworkers (~100 people) and been causing me trouble with the higher-ups. Now revenge is very important in my culture but I dont want to go to jail nor loose my job. Give me your worst.
Not really appropriate for your case, but my favourite curse is "I curse you to be exactly as you are, only to realise it."

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
My point was was that in the story told to me, my friend kept hearing screams and cries when looking at the bobblehead dolls. For each kid placed in his CPS care, he imprisoned their souls into new bobblehead dolls.
Whether true or not, thats a fucked up curse.
I also knew of a woman who tended a garden, but it was after she would perform fellation on someone, dig a hole in her garden and spit the semen into the ground, cursing the man biblically.
Osman Spare has a variation on this latter one. He claimed the practice had ancient Greek roots, and even pointed to certain pottery designs as evidence.
Post automatically merged:

Not really appropriate for your case, but my favourite curse is "I curse you to be exactly as you are, only to realise it."
I had a friend from Iran (communist, not magician). His reaction to worst enemies was, "Why...yes. I see it now: you are right." The trick was to do so without sarcasm, he told me. But, whether secular or magic, this tactic takes extreme patience.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The best curse is the one you didn't send
There is the old samurai saw about, "Never strike in anger." I'll go that far. But never simply, "Never strike."

Robert Kane---a famous ethicist I have little use for---nevertheless delivered himself in a lecture of a dictum worthy by all to be received. "Kant taught us to revere humanity in one's own person and others as an end in itself and never as a means. Pacifists forget to revere their own persons."

Tiana Silvermoon

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
There is the old samurai saw about, "Never strike in anger." I'll go that far. But never simply, "Never strike."
True, yet in the situation in the OP doesn't call for strike in my opinion. Not to ride the high horse, but I personally see it as petty.

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Osman Spare has a variation on this latter one. He claimed the practice had ancient Greek roots, and even pointed to certain pottery designs as evidence.
The classic Greek and Roman curse method was to inscribe the curse on a piece of lead and chuck it down a well :)

Romolo

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
A curse will bind you to this person until the end of your life and potentially across generations.

Remember that the other is always a mirror to ourselves. Observe the emotions you feel within, understand why you identify so strongly with them and start from there. Use ritual and divination to pierce the mist and see things through. This is where the hard work & where the true magic lies.

Reaction score
A simple one is to make a picture out of the name and what you want to do to them and charge it by taping it in front of you when you ehem go to the bathroom." to charge it while you do your business. Then you burn it outside. This will send shitty energy their way.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
True, yet in the situation in the OP doesn't call for strike in my opinion. Not to ride the high horse, but I personally see it as petty.
I am largely agreeing with you, I think. I'm saying a) no one has a curse who does not ever envision using it; b) in some circumstances, using a curse might be in order. In another thread I say don't throw curses in situations you'd not bust a cap in. Which (I hope) radically restricts the number of cases for curse throwing.
Post automatically merged:

The classic Greek and Roman curse method was to inscribe the curse on a piece of lead and chuck it down a well :)
Spare, with habitual preoccupations, found references to a method involving onanism, burying the vessel at some moon phase, then digging it up again some nights later for the rite's closing. Call me squeamish. I didn't write all this down when I read it.

Baal

Bigus Dikus
Reaction score

Robert Kane---a famous ethicist I have little use for---nevertheless delivered himself in a lecture of a dictum worthy by all to be received. "Kant taught us to revere humanity in one's own person and others as an end in itself and never as a means. Pacifists forget to revere their own persons."
I held off on cursing the dude and he actually ended up apologizing to me all on his own, just to give you an update. I really was angry when I typed the post and its good I didnt act on emotion, which is interesting since acting out of emotion is essential to cursing somebody.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I held off on cursing the dude and he actually ended up apologizing to me all on his own, just to give you an update. I really was angry when I typed the post and its good I didnt act on emotion, which is interesting since acting out of emotion is essential to cursing somebody.
I'd say the best curse is the one you don't cast, period.

Reaction score
Awards
Well I'm already late to the party but there's still something I want to say about your initial post, and I especially want to reply to this new post you made today after reading it. I don't see him just apologizing as enough, but it depends on the scope of the apology, so I have some questions.

There's nothing stopping all of the higher-ups whose minds he's already poisoned against you from continuing to persecute you and be biased against you (denying you promotions, giving you annoying tasks and "grunt work" on purpose, etc).

You said he apologized, but:
Did he clear things up with the higher ups to restore your image with them?
Did he apologize as publicly as he disrespected you to restore your image with the other workers?

If not, this might just be a "long con" on his part, to sabotage your upward momentum at work, while still getting to keep you in his back pocket as a "friend" or "ally" or even a neutral party that won't get in his way. There are some people that take a really machiavellian approach to climbing the corporate ladder.

A public disrespect and a private apology are not an equal exchange. If he didn't apologize as publicly as he disrespected you, in order to quell all of the gossip and ruination of your image, then his apology doesn't really have any value. You said it was like 100 people, if their minds aren't reintroduced to the version of yourself that is respected, you will just get more disrespect from them on the back end. Also there's the part I mentioned above about how the higher ups now look at you. If they now see you as a push-over, there goes any chance of you getting promoted to any leadership roles.

It seems like you were satisfied by his apology but I wonder if you will feel the same if he gets promoted in the next few months. That apology will hold a lot less weight then won't it?

If magic as powerful and world altering as a curse/hex is within your capabilities, wouldn't it make more sense to ask about magic that could be used in some way to build wealth and get out of the work force to begin with?

There's nothing stopping you from meeting another A-hole after you've cursed (or forgiven) this one.

The best revenge is success, and it has the added bonus that you didn't actually have to harm him in any way (which I think is excessive for work place drama). Which you've kinda proven by how quickly you've changed your tune after his apology.

Me personally, the whole hex/curse magic thing only makes sense in life/death or violent situations. Let's say I live in a dangerous area and there's a local criminal who keeps robbing me every month, and I can't really do anything because he's part of a gang and they will retaliate. It makes perfect sense to curse/hex this guy.

Ironically though, if I used some form of magic to build wealth, I could just leave that dangerous area and skip all of the BS.

If both options are possible (blessing vs cursing), it just makes more sense to "bless" yourself than to "curse" someone else. Blessing yourself has secondary benefits, cursing others only has that single instance of a benefit.