• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

When does it become okay for you to throw a curse?

Reaction score
Half a decade ago, I was a hot-headed prick who would throw some because "insert immature reason that actually was about me".

Some did work and the target was never the same. Some was just a flicker in a storm. Some blew in my face bid time. Learned that it wasn't a toy old school way.

Nowadays, I would rather fix the issue in any other way unless I am willing to wreck this persons life with or without magick, means they really must be fucking with me over and over. Or if we are dealing with some local rapist or pedo.

Where do you draw the line?
if a person is just a sabotaging nuisance to me and/or my community, i simply bind them and ensure they don’t come back to the area.

for the actual scum who do harm to me, my family, community, or to children or animals, i throw an actual slowburn curse. i hit their social life; reputation, their family, friends, ect, all ditch them. next, i inflict them with mental pain and addiction, all of that nasty shit. and the rest i leave to the spirits.

Tiana Silvermoon

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Interesting topic. I personally never threw a curse, even when I was young I was kinda afraid of possible consequences for me, like above-mentioned Threefold Law. Wasn't sure if I could protect myself and not mess up :D
And even though now I believe that the Law is waaay simplified (yet I think it's a good thing - easy enough to comprehend and stop some people from doing something they might regret), I still believe in Karma and I don't want to mess it up even more than it is even if it won't catch up with me in this life (and it still might).

Also the curse really can be like @Wintruz described: a magical nuclear explosion, and I wouldn't want to hurt anyone but the intended victim, but that's not exactly something you can fully control, because it might depend on the protection the victim has (and I'm not speaking about something they could cast, that's just an additional layer).

All that aside, at this point in my life I would turn to curses only if someone would seriously threat my (or my close ones) well-being and/or life and I couldn't do anything about it through mundane solutions. Even then I probably would turn to protection and asking to drive them away from me first, and only then - if nothing else worked - curse.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
If you wouldn't bust a cap over it, don't throw no curse over it.

Hey! That sounds like a refrain to some blues. Introducing Baron Xeno and his all Oungan Orchestra...

That’s pretty spot on.

I’m not sure how many people put that much thought into it though.

There’s a really disturbing number of folks out there who get their boo boo feelings hurt over something fairly innocuous in the grand scheme of things and respond by summoning an assassin entity/egregor to go torture the person for months and then take their life.

Not really an appropriate response.