• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

When Was The Moment Magick Became Real For You?!?!

bgshawn499

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I was meditating today, and a question popped into my head. "When Did Magick Become Real For Me?" If I put a label on me esoteric interests, I'd probably describe myself as a Ceremonial Magician. I also have been known to dabble in Sorcery, which has currently been my field of study for most of 2023. I've adopted Crowley's definition for Magick. "The science and art of causing change to occur in conformity with the will." For me Magick became real while working with King Clauneck. First of all during an invocation I heard Claunecks voice tell me to take a bath and purify my temple before contacting him again. Then 18 days after entering a pact with Clauneck I hit the Powerball for $18,0000. 18 days after entering a pact with The King of the Astral Vault, I hit the lottery for $18,000 dollars. 666, (6+6+6=18)
Some may say that it's all a coincidence, but just too many things happened not for my faith to begin to grow in my craft. Where did that voice come from, I heard it loud and clear during a ritual when no one else was in the house.

I was hoping everyone could share their stories of when their interests in the occult started to grow into belief. There may be some newbies here wondering if this Magick thing is real or just a huge farce. Our stories may give them a little faith to just keep on putting one foot in front of the other.
Maybe they're interests may eventually turn into belief as well. Let's fan the flame of desire in the layman that might not be where we are just yet.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I’ll have to preface it first.

As a child and teenager I was highly intelligent and ‘gifted’ so to speak.

I made straight A’s throughout HS and College and was on the fast track for a successful career in International buisiness.

Then in my 20’s I developed crippling mental health issues and a constant ‘brain fog’ and I began to personally consider myself ‘dumb’.

Then in my 30’s I discovered Magick.

I started working myself through DMK’s Modern Magick and began practicing the LBRP and Middle Pillar.

Within a couple of weeks… maybe even one week the ‘Brain Fog’ lifted and suddenly I was ‘Smart’ again and started remembering things from throughout my life that I had forgotten.

I even started remembering words from my 2nd language that had long been forgotten.

I know that’s not seemingly super mystical or supernatural or anything.

But for me that was proof that Magick is real and that it works.

bgshawn499

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I started working myself through DMK’s Modern Magick and began practicing the LBRP and Middle Pillar.

Within a couple of weeks… maybe even one week the ‘Brain Fog’ lifted and suddenly I was ‘Smart’ again and started remembering things from throughout my life that I had forgotten.
@stratamaster78 I could of wrote what you experienced verbatim as the second reason that I knew Magick was becoming real in my life. When I was a layman, I mistook the LBRP and the Middle Pillar as a banishing ritual's. "As in banishing spirits and unwanted entities during rituals & in my temple space." But when those rituals started to become real in my life, I as well experienced the fog clearing from my mind. In addition to the negative feelings, (Mental Illness, and Addiction) started to lose the grip that it had on me for so long. I started to feel good about myself, and what I was doing. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences.
Post automatically merged:

When a magic partner and I cursed a person (for good self defense reasons), and the target later got hit by a car.
@Diluculo_DelFuego I'll remind myself not to get on your bad side! ;) LOL

Reaction score
Awards
@stratamaster78 I could of wrote what you experienced verbatim as the second reason that I knew Magick was becoming real in my life. When I was a layman, I mistook the LBRP and the Middle Pillar as a banishing ritual's. "As in banishing spirits and unwanted entities during rituals & in my temple space." But when those rituals started to become real in my life, I as well experienced the fog clearing from my mind. In addition to the negative feelings, (Mental Illness, and Addiction) started to lose the grip that it had on me for so long. I started to feel good about myself, and what I was doing. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences.
Post automatically merged:

@Diluculo_DelFuego I'll remind myself not to get on your bad side! ;) LOL
Don't curse my friends and you're good :)

Btw ... Psalms 38 and 109 are excellent for cursing to the hilt.

Reaction score
Awards
I was raised religious so a belief in things we can’t see (but that are still very active in the world - in our case) just came with the territory.

Then later the visions, invocations, and workings that effected the world in visible ways all raised it to a new level.

But when you do a working (where “you” aren’t present in your body for days at a time) or an evocation (and find yourself sharing the room with something else)…that will sink the concept of magic-being-real into your psyche in a way that’s hard to explain.

Or at least it did for me. ymmv

-Eld

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I was hoping everyone could share their stories of when their interests in the occult started to grow into belief.
Interesting question. When I started to think about it, I realised that I don't know exactly when it happened. I started by researching into parapsychology, but after a few years, I discovered that all the parapsychological phenomena, like telepathy, clairvoyance etc. were actually subsets of what we call magic. I'm sure it was after I gave a talk to the Society for Psychical Research at their yearly conference, because I hadn't got my model of the multiverse sorted at that time. Despite this, my talk was called "The Universe: What is it really like?"
The president of the SPR of the time came up to me afterwards. I was expecting some words of encouragement, but he said to me "You don't believe any of that rubbish, do you?" :D

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
ive been working on some family stuff for years and it ended with moslems killing the camel, which is forbidden (in the qoran that is), an earthquake came about and ba brahim (big islamic saint) got out. before that i only knew contentment, now im feeling happy. its like satanism hailing to the One to find out there is a higher One. brahim showed me a song, that made totally sense to me with the symbolism included and without the search for an even higher One.

Nereus

Neophyte
Reaction score
That's insane! I'm glad it proved itself in such a big way.

I haven't had a big experience yet. I'm new to Magick but I've been doing Magick without knowing for years, and a very big depression and therapy set me through this journey once and for all.

Al-Zalaam

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I was hoping everyone could share their stories of when their interests in the occult started to grow into belief. There may be some newbies here wondering if this Magick thing is real or just a huge farce. Our stories may give them a little faith to just keep on putting one foot in front of the other.
Maybe they're interests may eventually turn into belief as well. Let's fan the flame of desire in the layman that might not be where we are just yet.

Long before I found my way into Elemental Magic and Hermetic Initiation through the IIH, I began with Psionics as a pre-teen.
During one summer break, I was adamantly practicing Psychokinesis on a daily basis, and despite absolutely no results for weeks, one afternoon it just suddenly "clicked" and I rotated an object like it was just a muscle in my own body.
The actual movement of the object though paled in comparison to the psychic phenomenon that accompanied it, in terms of what left the biggest impression on me.
It felt like the object was inside my head and I could feel it move through my consciousness, and I've never forgotten that feeling.

That event had me absolutely certain of supernatural phenomenon and hooked to occult study forever after, until I eventually had further experiences through Elemental Magic and energy work later in my life.

Caliban

Neophyte
Reaction score
Probably my biggest self-validation was applying a magical cure to charm warts, that were afflicting a friend's hands terribly, to see whether I was a "real" witch. Not a folk-remedy, but straight magical ritual. It worked. I can't verify they went where I sent them (to someone else, who deserved them), but I did end up with one, small, persistent wart of my own on my right index finger as a souvenir, for years.

Shaman

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
It was always real to me since I was raised in a religious family but in my teenage years I became a skeptic then after a full on atheist. I started getting back in to spirituality and believing in magick after seeing too many synchronicities and bizarre experiences. Like a scenario would pop into my head for months and then later that same exact scenario came true (is this what they call clairvoyance?). I also had a strong feeling I was communicating with something, through signs and later tarot cards. I found out it was my succubus this whole time.