• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Where Are They?

Everyone's got one.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Maybe this should go in the Announcements and Feedback area? Anyway, other occult forums seem to attract the (arguably) institutionalizable (sic?). You know, folks who think they are Odin's son, Satan's mistress, the Messiah. Here, it's the rare ego that's inflated to Hindenburg-esque proportions. Full-blown delusions are Grail-scarce. At most one steps now and again in a steaming pile of hyperbole. This DOES conduce to a certain tone of decorum. Still, one just naturally expects the occasional "episode." Someone (one of the LHP-lurkers mebbe) going Linda Blair on us and ranting up a whole retch of keyboard projectile-vomit. Is everyone on Xanax. Stop eating the stuff: it's OK to BE a jagged little pill, ok?

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
they will be coming, dont worry about that. wf 4.0 is not build on sand, but rocks. takes a bit longer, but the end result will be amazing. like a dystopian castle with hints of escher. we found the builder of asterix and cleopatra and hes drawing the lines as we speak...

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, SA hadn't found its ground since the pandemic, I don't think they will revive that one again.

While there are still people who think they are about to gain riches simply by breathing excersises and all that (I wish I was kidding), or the LARP gang, its not as bad as it was used to be. Especially on this forum you have that one odd guy coming and going but they don't stay for long from what I have seen.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Well .. one forum (Studio Arcanis) appears to be dead...so most likely we will inherently some of the regulars there.
I had always wondered... A while back it seemed like there was a "great reset" there and that this was a thinly veiled purge. As a reject, I can never see past the front window, so my assumption was that it is because it is an "An Advanced Forum for Dedicated Practitioners."
But I should have learned - back when it was a Yahoo Group I was denied entry outright, though I unknowingly got in when it changed formats and was under a different name. They must have realized something about the front door. Sucks to be me :D

Especially on this forum you have that one odd guy coming and going but they don't stay for long from what I have seen.
I had witnessed a lot of big dramatic entrances, blow ups, ego inflations and stormy exits on Occult Corpus, and I thought, why? If people could eliminate expectations and chill, they could find great inspiration. Perhaps this is a wasted thought, but I have noticed that while the internet in general can provide some kind of instant gratification, it's kind of gone as fast as it comes.

Reaction score
Awards
BALG overflow seems to be the occasional drama queens that exit stage left here. I wonder if Lady Eva will come back here at some point.

Reaction score
Awards
Well .. one forum (Studio Arcanis) appears to be dead...so most likely we will inherently some of the regulars there.
Yeah, found it recently and got pissed off when I saw that. They had an entire sub-forum dedicated to Franz Bardon's work and you can't browse any of the thread comments unless you log in (you can only see the creator post for each thread). I tried creating an account multiple times and it always failed, that's probably because they were closing up shop, I came too late.

I'm hoping the site gets restored at some point, hopefully with the old threads I didn't get to read, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
So Studio Arcanis was the human equivalent of the tunnels of Set? Durn, I missed getting in on that. Or maybe not "durn."

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, found it recently and got pissed off when I saw that.
On the registration multiple choice, did you at least try some reverse psychology and choose Penn and Teller and Chris Angel as real magicians? I thought it would work, but then I theorized the "reset" began after I changed my original password.

So Studio Arcanis was the human equivalent of the tunnels of Set?
At least you can get in the Tunnels. All you need is LAM.

Reaction score
Awards
On the registration multiple choice, did you at least try some reverse psychology and choose Penn and Teller and Chris Angel as real magicians? I thought it would work, but then I theorized the "reset" began after I changed my original password.
When I didn't get the confirmation email for the account and I saw some posts about sign up problems on reddit, I just assumed that the site was busted in some way and I'd had to wait until they fixed the problem. I didn't think the site would get shut down completely.

Lila

Neophyte
Reaction score
I feel like my non-native ass is missing a joke here.
Sorry, it's a "call is coming from inside the house" moment. I was responding with fake outrage to the idea that LARPing is a problem (and yes this is totally an inappropriate forum for larpers), while also having a tongue in cheek moment about how much I've hated other people every time I've tried. MEN I tell you.
Post automatically merged:

Clear as mud?

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I saw some posts about sign up problems on reddit
I think I saw something on there a waaaays back about having to contact the admins on FB to get registered. When I started asking myself questions as to why, I got an intense vision of Tiny Tim standing in a snowstorm gazing through a frosty window at a cheerful Christmas party where new members were greeted with "Silent night, holy night..."

Clear as mud?
I sometimes wonder if people are LARPing but don't realize it - it's unconscious. Like, sometimes while I type I just have this subtle visualization-sense that I am a wise old Chinese sage, Hannibal Lecter or a Smurf singing fa-la-la...

Reaction score
Awards
or the LARP gang
I hate larps but recently I've been thinking that it's hard to blame them, because there are many who are "larping" without even realizing it because they are just genuinely delusional.

When people are desperate to feel special/important, and/or their standards/threshold for a "feat" is low, you can't really blame larps for trolling anymore because the low standards allow for anyone to stake their claim.

I've seen so many people say that them getting a job interview is their proof that they can do magic (everybody and their grandma specializes in "employment magic"). But there's literally millions of other people in their country getting similar interviews or interviews for better jobs, and they don't practice the occult at all. So why in the world does it make sense to them to assume that the magic worked, instead of assuming that they simply got lucky around the same time they did the working? (I'll never understand it).

Let's say I've been stuck waiting for public transportation for 3 hours, and then I do a "quick working" to get transportation. If an empty taxi shows up 5 minutes later, I'm not going to assume that the magic worked, I'm going to assume that it was simply random chance (luck) until I can repeat that process within a shorter timeframe, and I can repeat it multiple times (at least 2 more) so that I know it's not just a fluke.

Lila

Neophyte
Reaction score
When I say LARPing I mean folks who are playing a fantasy game intentionally. Is that not what we're talking about?
iu

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Hey now, what's wrong with LARPing? I mean, other than the other people doing it.
If you have the time, fine. (Though, remember: it's always later than you think.) Unfortunately, sadly are a lot of folks out there who are LARPing and think they are serious. A Druid robe and Cliff Notes to he book of shadows do not a High Priest make.

When I say LARPing I mean folks who are playing a fantasy game intentionally. Is that not what we're talking about?
iu
In at least some of the posts, we're using LARPing facetiously for folks who are all hat and no cattle. Someone who confuses his own pretence and pose with actual accomplishment

Reaction score
Awards
If you have the time, fine. (Though, remember: it's always later than you think.) Unfortunately, sadly are a lot of folks out there who are LARPing and think they are serious. A Druid robe and Cliff Notes to he book of shadows do not a High Priest make.

In at least some of the posts, we're using LARPing facetiously for folks who are all hat and no cattle. Someone who confuses his own pretence and pose with actual accomplishment
Well, some of us are self initiates. In lack of good teachers, don't expect snazzy results .. even if it takes a decade to climb a grade :)
Pretense and pose ... Don't confuse titles here with actual Great Work grades.
Also keep in mind some of us are going through a bizarre world upon stepping into the Great Work.
Actual accomplishment is subjective. Especially for those who cannot or will not summon demons or angels.