• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Where Are They?

Everyone's got one.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Well, some of us are self initiates. In lack of good teachers, don't expect snazzy results .. even if it takes a decade to climb a grade :)
Pretense and pose ... Don't confuse titles here with actual Great Work grades.
Also keep in mind some of us are going through a bizarre world upon stepping into the Great Work.
Actual accomplishment is subjective. Especially for those who cannot or will not summon demons or angels.
I'm a solo act myself. Which is why I'm leery of making my workspace look like an occult Good Will store. If my normie self tries to "identify as" an adept, the powers that lurk at the threshold will most likely disabuse me of my pretence. Or, I can just go the other route and post wild-ass shite as "A True and Faithful Reckord of Mine Aventures Amongst ye Angels, ye Divils, and ye diverse Sucubi on Planes Astral and Arcane Whych Testify to an Exact Verity That 'as Below so Somewhat Above.'"

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
When people are desperate to feel special/important, and/or their standards/threshold for a "feat" is low, you can't really blame larps for trolling anymore because the low standards allow for anyone to stake their claim.
Though I agree with what you are saying (that somehow apparently everything is a magickal act), I was more refering to "oh I am an Annunaki from 12th dimension.

You are right though, again, somehow everything is Alice in Wonderland for some folk.

Reaction score
Awards
Yep along with the crowd that are "married" to archangels and archdemons.
Please. Throughout 8000 years of history they decide to marry us?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Ok, now this is the first time I've heard of this one.

A lot of these delusions require huge egos too lol. Imagine thinking you are just so great that an angel wants to marry you.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Yep along with the crowd that are "married" to archangels and archdemons.
Please. Throughout 8000 years of history they decide to marry us?
This is a puzzler. On the one side, the Nephalim's daddies of yore just wanted a fling. Now they turn ordinary, average guy? On the other side, it's even weirder. Someone who has made a life's path out of "rejecting outmoded tradition" like marriage and family, sexual fidelity &c&c, decides to turn Ward and June Cleaver with his Dark Wickedrity, the Arch-Daemon Megamauropeos? It boggles my goggles.

Reaction score
Awards
This is a puzzler. On the one side, the Nephalim's daddies of yore just wanted a fling. Now they turn ordinary, average guy? On the other side, it's even weirder. Someone who has made a life's path out of "rejecting outmoded tradition" like marriage and family, sexual fidelity &c&c, decides to turn Ward and June Cleaver with his Dark Wickedrity, the Arch-Daemon Megamauropeos? It boggles my goggles.
I know, right? It's like the Nephelim went out to the bowling alley bar on Friday night to pick up chicks?
I mean, the Pleidies seven sisters or Queen Sheba, or truly evil aeons of women are one thing, but modern women are just so tasty to them now.

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
If you have the time, fine. (Though, remember: it's always later than you think.) Unfortunately, sadly are a lot of folks out there who are LARPing and think they are serious. A Druid robe and Cliff Notes to he book of shadows do not a High Priest make.
Post automatically merged:

In at least some of the posts, we're using LARPing facetiously for folks who are all hat and no cattle. Someone who confuses his own pretence and pose with actual accomplishment

You might find this amusing :D
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
When I say LARPing I mean folks who are playing a fantasy game intentionally. Is that not what we're talking about?
iu
No, typically on WF LARPing refers to: pretenders, new age nonsense, witchtok, pop culture fake magick etc.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I know, right? It's like the Nephelim went out to the bowling alley bar on Friday night to pick up chicks?
I mean, the Pleidies seven sisters or Queen Sheba, or truly evil aeons of women are one thing, but modern women are just so tasty to them now.
I think it's like people whose past lives never sink below High Priest to Ra, Roman consul, or Napoleonic marechal. I mean, who gots the better talking point: the chick who has 1000+ followers on Twitter ogling her thonged hindquarters, or the one with TWO archdemon lovers duelling over her? "You're still into men, honey? Demon tongue knocks BBC into a deep smelly ol' crapper, believe you me!"

Challis

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Hilarious thread despite Xeno's picturesque language 😁.

I find this one very interesting. For starters, there is indeed a line between sane and, well, clinically not. It can be a little tough for genuine practitioners as they begin the great work. On my 3rd day here (ty wf, still love this place) I met 'an angel' here. Interesting conversation. You'd have to stack lies upon lies to yourself to conceive of such a strong delusion.

Regarding the great work, you may read stuff and misintrep it. That's normal. Ask around. Meditate and find out. Just don't run away with ideas that you are god.

Personally I fully struggle with any magic. I can't wait for my first intentional and repeatable magic moment so I can properly experience it first hand. Until then, I have little to celebrate or to share. But my opinion is why lie about something. Who gains?

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I met 'an angel' here.
Lmfao how was it? Did he give you riches already?

Personally I fully struggle with any magic. I can't wait for my first intentional and repeatable magic moment so I can properly experience it first hand. Until then, I have little to celebrate or to share. But my opinion is why lie about something. Who gains
Thats very good additude and will keep you in check, keep that up

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Robert Anton Wilson said there were basically three ways of dealing with finding out impossible stuff is actually true.
1) Run away and pretend it never happened
2) Integrate it into your life
3) Suddenly come to the realisation that you are the Grand High Pooh-Bar and no longer have to put your trousers on one leg at a time :D

But my opinion is why lie about something. Who gains?
If people are deluded then they aren't lying :)

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Hilarious thread despite Xeno's picturesque language 😁.

I find this one very interesting. For starters, there is indeed a line between sane and, well, clinically not. It can be a little tough for genuine practitioners as they begin the great work. On my 3rd day here (ty wf, still love this place) I met 'an angel' here. Interesting conversation. You'd have to stack lies upon lies to yourself to conceive of such a strong delusion.

Regarding the great work, you may read stuff and misintrep it. That's normal. Ask around. Meditate and find out. Just don't run away with ideas that you are god.

Personally I fully struggle with any magic. I can't wait for my first intentional and repeatable magic moment so I can properly experience it first hand. Until then, I have little to celebrate or to share. But my opinion is why lie about something. Who gains?
"Despite" my language? DESPITE?! I thought I was the forum's belle lettriste, I did.

My first magic moment? Lessee...I guess I was about 12 and....oh. Oh! You meant real magic. Not...you know. The other thing...Never mind.

Challis

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
True! I should say well done for getting through that without a swear/cuss!

That's not magic? O 🫠