• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Where do you perform your evocations?

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
Well the title says most of it.

I perform my solomonic evocations deep in the woods at night. You're alone, peaceful, no noise, better for the spirit too, away from mankind.
I don't have to worry about a family member knocking on my door in the middle of an evocation and saying "hey is everything alright?"
What about you? Where do you evoke spirits?

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
IF this is in the wrong section, then put it in the right section, thanks :)

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
I don't really do solomonic tradition at this point, but when it comes to other spirits the woods is great. Or for rituals in general, because I have a similar problem with people disturbing. I'll go during the day, though, because this is both feral hog and crackhead territory. Not necessarily wise to be out on their turf after dark.

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
That's the thing. During the day is a problem, more chance of getting caught in daylight rather than midnight or 2-3 at night.

Mart

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
If I need to, I take a trip out into secluded woods. The travel aspect gives it something in terms of the overall experience and potentially - the result. You're demonstrating your commitment by going the extra mile to turn it into a special event, taking the time to travel and really focus on your goal, premeditating and preparing for it, thinking about it on the way, giving yourself time to collect your intentions in the process.

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
If I need to, I take a trip out into secluded woods. The travel aspect gives it something in terms of the overall experience and potentially - the result. You're demonstrating your commitment by going the extra mile to turn it into a special event, taking the time to travel and really focus on your goal, premeditating and preparing for it, thinking about it on the way, giving yourself time to collect your intentions in the process.
I perform my solomonic evocations in the woods, im talking deep, to get there takes alot of my energy if you keep in mind that i hold the sword and one bag with everything needed so yes i sweat when i arrive, but like you said you get the chance to think and FOCUS why you are doing it, adds alot of power/will.

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
It's amazing how i was afraid to sleep alone 10 years ago and here i am today middle of nowhere in the woods having faith in no one but God, amazing. Abit of topic but just wanted to mention. It reminds me WHY i do these rituals, makes me think deep, unique thoughts comes and go

Scottish_Pride

Meme-y Tree Nymph
Reaction score
Awards
That's the thing. During the day is a problem, more chance of getting caught in daylight rather than midnight or 2-3 at night.
Tbh, the woods where I live have no such risk during the daytime. You've got more people going at night to do drugs than you have normal people brave enough to hike through all the poison thorns and ant hills. Take a machete through the thicket off any beaten path, and you're guaranteed total privacy during the day.

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
Everyone knows me in my area, so i have to care, for me i have Done 4 evocations in the woods at night, no disturbance whatsoever so i will keep doing that.
Alot of swedish people walking their dogs at day and such, nobody goes to that Wood, eapecially where i'm going.
But it's best at night where i live, maybe where you live it's better at day, depends on your area where you live and such.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I perform Grim Trad ("Solomonic" evocation) in my own home. Other types of spirits it may depend on if it's the initial contact or not. For example, when working with the dead I always go to a cemetery to initiate contact, get permission to work, etc and then make contact with the spirit, buy their graveyard dirt and make a treaty/pact. After that, it's not necessary to continue working in the cemetery once initial contact is made (just for that spirit). Same when I work with the Genius Loci. I go to their habitat (somewhere in nature) and make contact. Once initial contact is made I can do further evocations of those spirits within my own home.

Ang3l

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I perform Grim Trad ("Solomonic" evocation) in my own home. Other types of spirits it may depend on if it's the initial contact or not. For example, when working with the dead I always go to a cemetery to initiate contact, get permission to work, etc and then make contact with the spirit, buy their graveyard dirt and make a treaty/pact. After that, it's not necessary to continue working in the cemetery once initial contact is made (just for that spirit). Same when I work with the Genius Loci. I go to their habitat (somewhere in nature) and make contact. Once initial contact is made I can do further evocations of those spirits within my own home.
Hey, living legend, TGK! Would you like to tell us more about the Genius Loci, your experiences with the Genius Loci, etc. When you mentioned previously mentioned Genius Loci you reffered to spirits of the dead which were inhabiting that place? To you the Genius Loci are the same as the Landwhights (Landvættir) ?

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
Contacting the dead in a cemetary makes sense. But i'm talking generally, like Stephen Skinner said away from mankind is the best. I have enough space to do it in my room but is it smart doing it where i sleep?

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Hey, living legend, TGK! Would you like to tell us more about the Genius Loci, your experiences with the Genius Loci, etc. When you mentioned previously mentioned Genius Loci you reffered to spirits of the dead which were inhabiting that place? To you the Genius Loci are the same as the Landwhights (Landvættir) ?
Living legend? Nah! I still have a lot of learning to do. But I appreciate you good sir! As for mentioning the Genius Loci and the dead....when did I do this? Genius Loci are decidedly different than the dead so I doubt I would have made the noob mistake of categorizing them together. I may have mentioned them together as spirit classes or categories but classifying the Genius Loci as a participant of the dead....idk if I would have said anything like that. Do you have a quote? Perhaps I can elaborate on it. As you all know, I love elaboration, haha!

Now, as for my experience.....it depends on exactly what you mean. About them: they are spirits of the place. But more specifically....spirits of a SPECIFIC place. That fairy mound in the middle of the forest, a genius loci....or 12....run that shit. The pond in your backyard; a genius loci runs it. The state park where you jog and watch hot females in tight yoga pants walk their dogs; a genius loci runs it. Multiple Genius Loci can govern one area, it would just be broken down into "territories". Beyond that I'm not sure as I've not worked with them in any extensive way. Idk if they have hierarchies like angels, demons, planetary spirits or elementals. As for my work with them; none of it is materialistic. It's all esoteric, meaning I engage with them for spiritual or informational purposes. To learn from them, not to gain anything material. Mostly on different ways to engage with other nature spirits. Recently I contacted one located in a near by wood to learn more about some of the ingredients in the Witches Flying Ointment I bought a few months back but never got around to using, lol. They're also great at introducing you to other types of nature spirits that may not be readily available....such as dead animals or insects (maybe this is what you're referring to when you said I mentioned the Genius Loic among the dead).

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Contacting the dead in a cemetary makes sense. But i'm talking generally, like Stephen Skinner said away from mankind is the best. I have enough space to do it in my room but is it smart doing it where i sleep?
Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of that all the time. I don't live alone and while I have an abundance of state parks near me, they are always packed with joggers, dog walkers or random people just walking and smoking weed, etc so unless I'm doing work in a graveyard then 9 times out of 10 I do magick in my own home. However, I will admit that I have yet to have any adverse effects myself. Now....my roommate, his girlfriend and even his daughter when she's over....they've had experiences but not me. I always make sure the spirits I work with do their best not to disturb the others in the home but you know how the dead can be. Heck, demons are more careful than the damned dead! Luckily they've only had experiences in dreams or by "feelings". Nothing physical. So, for me, yeah it's safe. But then again, I know how to protect myself. But for those around me? Lol.....idk.

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
Unfortunately I don't have the luxury of that all the time. I don't live alone and while I have an abundance of state parks near me, they are always packed with joggers, dog walkers or random people just walking and smoking weed, etc so unless I'm doing work in a graveyard then 9 times out of 10 I do magick in my own home. However, I will admit that I have yet to have any adverse effects myself. Now....my roommate, his girlfriend and even his daughter when she's over....they've had experiences but not me. I always make sure the spirits I work with do their best not to disturb the others in the home but you know how the dead can be. Heck, demons are more careful than the damned dead! Luckily they've only had experiences in dreams or by "feelings". Nothing physical. So, for me, yeah it's safe. But then again, I know how to protect myself. But for those around me? Lol.....idk.
You think demons are more careful than the dead hahahah good one (IMO the dead and demons are the same, they just take the form of the person youre calling), but your last statement got me to think, i can protect myself but how do i protect others except from saying prayers to God to protect them before the ritual?

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
You think demons are more careful than the dead hahahah good one (IMO the dead and demons are the same, they just take the form of the person youre calling), but your last statement got me to think, i can protect myself but how do i protect others except from saying prayers to God to protect them before the ritual?
Why do you think demons are masquerading as the dead? If you're coming at it from a Christian standpoint, even the Bible asserts demons and the dead are different; the Witch of Endor called up Samuel's ghost. It wasn't a demon, it was his actual ghost as the Bible describes.

For your second question; only thing I can think of is to either do magic as you do it, away from civilization or somewhere secluded. However, as long as people aren't in the immediate vicinity of where you're working, they shouldn't be affected anyway. I do mine in my own home most of the time so that explains my issues. But if you're doing it out in the woods you should be good.

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
Why do you think demons are masquerading as the dead? If you're coming at it from a Christian standpoint, even the Bible asserts demons and the dead are different; the Witch of Endor called up Samuel's ghost. It wasn't a demon, it was his actual ghost as the Bible describes.

For your second question; only thing I can think of is to either do magic as you do it, away from civilization or somewhere secluded. However, as long as people aren't in the immediate vicinity of where you're working, they shouldn't be affected anyway. I do mine in my own home most of the time so that explains my issues. But if you're doing it out in the woods you should be good.
I come at it from a muslim pov.
Yes it's been good doing the rituals in the woods, i feel that it effects me abit in a negative depressive way but no strange things happening at home.

The God-King

The Mystical Rebel
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I come at it from a muslim pov.
Yes it's been good doing the rituals in the woods, i feel that it effects me abit in a negative depressive way but no strange things happening at home.
Ah! My mistake! I'm not too familiar with Islamic metaphysics and occultism since English language texts are scarce and I don't speak Arabic. Speaking of which, a bit off topic but a short question with a short answer nonetheless: how do you feel about Nineveh Shadrach?

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
Ah! My mistake! I'm not too familiar with Islamic metaphysics and occultism since English language texts are scarce and I don't speak Arabic. Speaking of which, a bit off topic but a short question with a short answer nonetheless: how do you feel about Nineveh Shadrach?
To be honest TGK, Adley has helped me alot through personal consulations, i asked Adley about him, he feels he is a "red flag". I have seen his website and shop, that is why i asked Adley. But at the end of the day i don't know if Ninevah is even a magician or just wanting to scam people, or even a real magician who works with djinns. That is what i know.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I get the same vibes. For as far as i could look nineveh's work lays more in the divide and conquer area. I also felt an error while looking into the gods and goddesses he uses. Overall i think if you are pro freedom, you better not work with him.