• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Where to start - Druidism

Someone's asking for help!

WillowWispen

Visitor
Reaction score
I have some general experience with magic and pagan practices but I've recently been trying to narrow down my practice towards a more druidic approach as I feel it connects me more with my ancestry. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where to point my studies either in books or practices to help me find my footing.

I appreciate you taking the time to check my post.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Reddit reading list are usually spot-on, so you might want to try these books:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Just uploaded this one but feel free to request any book you fancy:

WillowWispen

Visitor
Reaction score
Reddit reading list are usually spot-on, so you might want to try these books:

Just uploaded this one but feel free to request any book you fancy:

Thank you! I'll take a look.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I'm not on that path anymore but when I was, the book that most spoke to me was "Sacred Fire, Holy Well" by Ian Corrigan. You can get a sense of his approach from the following blog posts:

(I still work with the Two Powers as part of ceremonial magic)

And a couple of hubs for ADF guides:

Even within druidry there are different approaches, so different books can show you quite different angles - Corrigan, Driscoll and Carr-Gomm (linked below) and their respective organisations all have different approaches, so hopefully one will speak to you

Dana Driscoll's blog is an absolute treasure house. I'll link you to the one that has the most obvious application to you, but if you like it, look through the rest of the blog. Her most recent post is a deep dive into the three paths (Bard, Druid, Ovate), she has lots of practice ideas, rituals for healing the land, etc

One thing all paths will recommend is getting to know your local area, identifying tree species in your neighbourhood and learning about them, etc

Phillip Carr-Gomm is English rather than American, and draws much less from Golden Dawn etc than they do (so, less highly structured/complex rituals)
He has beautiful guided druidic meditation journeys

You can buy the CDs or just listen free online:

Meditations on the Elements:

(We do have one Carr-Gomm book on WF but it's not about druidry)
Post automatically merged:

Possibly RTYI @WillowWispen

Last edited: