• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Why can't astrologers calculate the date of someone's death?

Zelator2148

Zealot
Joined
Jul 18, 2026
Messages
116
Reaction score
155
Awards
2
I don't know how the meaning was different in Lilly's day, but current Webster's dictionary shows the meaning of the word decumbiture as "confinement to a sick bed, or time of taking to one's bed from sickness". The prediction of a time of death might have been part of the astrological analyisis of that period of confinement to bed. YMMV.
I must have picked that up directly from Christian Astrology. John Frawley has almost five pages on predicting death in his book, The Horary Textbook, but doesn't mention decumbiture.
 

Sakura

Neophyte
Joined
Nov 30, 2024
Messages
15
Reaction score
11
I must have picked that up directly from Christian Astrology. John Frawley has almost five pages on predicting death in his book, The Horary Textbook, but doesn't mention decumbiture.
He does mention decumbiture but does not teach it as it's already implied when reading sickness charts in general.
 

Natali1983

Visitor
Joined
Aug 9, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Back in 2020, an astrologer told me that there would be a death in my family in 2024 and another one in 2027. At the time, I did not think much of it.

I only remembered his words after my mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor in 2023. She passed away in 2024.

After she died, I contacted him again because I was carrying a lot of guilt. I kept thinking that maybe I had not done enough for her, or that perhaps I should have made different decisions or handled things differently.

He told me that there was nothing I could have done to change what happened. He said that if she had not died in July 2024, she would have passed away anyway sometime in November or December.

Now 2027 is getting closer, and I think I may understand what is going to happen — and who it is going to happen to.
 

Accipeveldare

Disciple
Joined
Jun 13, 2024
Messages
668
Reaction score
895
Awards
12
I must emphasize that I have only a basic knowledge of astrology, but I know many people who practice astrology, both amateur and professional. Some of them are so good that they can calculate the approximate time of someone's birth even if the person seeking their advice does not know the exact time of their birth. Some of these astrologers can have extraordinary insight into the circumstances of someone's life and make relevant conclusions regarding the future fate of that person. However, none of these astrologers have been able to determine, if not the exact, then at least the approximate date of someone's death. If you, as an astrologer, are already able to calculate the exact (or approximate) date of someone's birth, then what is the problem with calculating the date of someone's death? Doctors can sometimes predict the duration of the remaining life of a person with cancer, but astrologers, who often claim that astrology is a science, cannot do that. Why?
I would say that it is probably possible to tell time of death using astrology, but that it is unwise to bother with it. Which is probably why many dont know, because that kind of knowledge is useless, or even a cognitohazard at times.
 

Sakura

Neophyte
Joined
Nov 30, 2024
Messages
15
Reaction score
11
Back in 2020, an astrologer told me that there would be a death in my family in 2024 and another one in 2027. At the time, I did not think much of it.

I only remembered his words after my mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor in 2023. She passed away in 2024.

After she died, I contacted him again because I was carrying a lot of guilt. I kept thinking that maybe I had not done enough for her, or that perhaps I should have made different decisions or handled things differently.

He told me that there was nothing I could have done to change what happened. He said that if she had not died in July 2024, she would have passed away anyway sometime in November or December.

Now 2027 is getting closer, and I think I may understand what is going to happen — and who it is going to happen to.
How can i contact him ?
 
Top