• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Wifo

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Somewhat of a brain-fart heavily influenced by the developments in AI, a video I saw on e-thots and an idea I've had for a while.

It would be really cool if we had a sort of virtual egregore / chatbot / mascot that could generate things like:
  • 1 card tarot readings / rune pulls / I-ching
  • simple horoscopes
  • lunar / planetary calendar
  • planetary hours
  • manage the search function / suggest threads
  • have access to some info from the library
I don't have the skills to program / design / implement any of the things required for this, I can only suggest her name “Wifo” ;)

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
language, python?
No clue about how this would have to be done. As I said, I have no knowledge of programming / coding.
Just thought it could make a neat interactive feature for the site.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
in r/hacking on reddit is a rules and regulations page. on that page is diverse info, one of them is a big textfile with a horoscope. since its r/hacking id say look it up and alter it into something for wf. of course im banned there, so do a search for yourself, what i remember is that its in the part of the drink or die group introductionary.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
course im banned there
🤣
Thanks,
But please, before anyone starts doing lots of work.. I only posted this as a suggestion / brain-fart for the forum. Until Skull responds I'd put any effort on pause.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Quite an interesting idea, and nice name too haha.

I'm not entirely opposed to it... it's just that it would be an obscene amount of work, and highly unlikely anyone on WF would be willing and able to help.

Still haven't even done the custom software for the transcription site. That's on me, but I think I will finish that first before working on something like this.

Some of these would be better served by a simple script/algorithm/software than AI though. Training AI with large datasets can be extremely expensive. So maybe not AI, but the individual points are quite good ideas and I will try to see how I can implement them.

Thanks!

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
If such a device ever came about, I think a Mercury going into retrograde alert would be nice.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
If such a device ever came about, I think a Mercury going into retrograde alert would be nice.
Yes, that would be part of the horoscopes. I may have confused the world when I typed "AI". What I'm thinking of is a sort of static picture of Wifo (I'm sticking with the name) that could greet you when you log in, give you some options like the ones mentioned, maybe alert you to new posts or threads etc.

Of course there will have to be an option for the tough dark magicians to disable the cute avatar 😉

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Yes, that would be part of the horoscopes.
I thought a Star Trek style RED ALERT would be nice, but I admit to overreaching...

Of course there will have to be an option for the tough dark magicians to disable the cute avatar 😉
And cheat them of the opportunity for a masochistic superhuman endurance login test?